Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Made A Decision.....

I have officially decided to start potty training the 2 year old beginning on Monday November 30th. I am so sick of wiping asses and buying diapers. It's time. I know the trend in America is to wait until they are closer to 3, especially for boys, but the hell with that. Other countries start potty training much earlier, so I am too! Why wait?

Why the wait you ask, I need to start stocking up on Pull-ups (for night time only) and big boy underwear. Plus, I am going to make sure I am home with him all that week, so we can spend some quality time in the bathroom every 15 minutes or so.


That is how I trained my older son, by putting him in big boy underwear one day. He trained in 2 days. I am hoping for something similar with this one.

I am more than ready and fully committed to having him trained by the end of the year. I already spoke to his dad, so he is on the same page, and we are gonna rock the potty starting 11/30!

6 comments:

Amanda Smith said...

Good for Robin! g5 was totally trained at 19 months. Earlier is better!

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Good for you! WOW! Earlier is definitely better and I can't wait. I am SOOOOOOO done with diapers!

Pink Haired Momma said...

WAIT till 3! Heck no! this momma is gona be starting Baby DIVA around 18 months or so. As soon as she beins to show signs she can handle it! I hate diapers! Take god notes tough, I might hit you up for advice in the future :)

Mass Hole Mommy said...

From what I hear, girls are easier to train than boys. My 5 yr old was 3 years and 3 months when we did it, and it took 2 days. A few ppl I know didn't get their kids trained until close to 4! I am done having kids and I am SOOOOO done with diapers.

Tina said...

YAY for you.... you go girl!! you can do it!! let us know how he does!! xoxo

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Oh, no worries, I will be blogging the whole "experience". I put him on the potty Friday for the first time and he FLIPPED OUT. We'll try again tomorrow! And over and over and over again till he gets used to it!