Sunday, November 15, 2009

My Weekend Recap

My weekend started out perfectly on Saturday when my 5 year old's flag football lesson was canceled. I have been trying him in different sports to see if he finds something he really likes or is good at. This is his 3rd sport (he played soccer and T-Ball last spring/summer) and his 3rd strike. I have come to the realization that he is just not athletic and I definitley am going to give him a break from sports. Not only is he not very good at it, but I know he dislikes it. He is finishing the session, though, because I don't want him to be a "quitter". It goes until 11/28, so once he's done, he's done! Can't wait!

Then the boy's dad picked them up around 11 and took them for the whole afternoon so I could clean their rooms in preparation for Christmas. My boys are the only grandkids on my side, and are 2 of 4 on their dad's side, so they are terribly spoiled. While they were out, I re-organized and got rid of SOOOO much crap. Thank god for Freecycle! Most of it went to new homes! It was just an amazing feeling of accomplishment!

I had a wedding for my pal, Scott, and his new bride, Alicia, on Saturday night which was nice. I got to have a few drinks and just hang out with my boyfriend and a few of our friends. It's nice to get out and just relax once and a while!

The only bad part about the wedding was that there was one of the bridesmaid's seated at our table (the head table was only for the bride and groom, so the wedding party was spread out amongst the rest of the crowd) and this particular bridesmaid had a 20 month old that she was pumping with juice and soda, yes I said soda, at all hours of the night, so she was way over-tired and running all over the place in addition to the sugar high she was rockin'. Not sure why they didn't make any sort of arrangements for the poor girl to go sleep at a relative's house, but it made me feel terrible for the poor kid.

Then yesterday I went and saw 2012. Two words....MESSED UP! Oh yeah, a special shout out at the 2 bitches who sat behind me and talked the entire time. Not whispering....talking. In regular voices. Apparently I was the only one who heard them? Not making it up, I swear.

And then, the icing on the whole weekend was dinner at Five Guys! Not what you are thinking, you pervs. For anyone who doesn't know what Five Guys is, it's the best burger joint of all time. It's fast food, but their burgers ROCK! It was well worth the drive to get them. Five Guys is fairly new to Mass, and I am sooooo glad they made their way up here.
Yeah, so that was my exciting weekend. Now it's Monday morning and I have a sick 5 year old home from school with me, so I'm crossing my fingers he's better by tomorrow so he can go.

11 comments:

reener said...

Gotta love freecycle!
Good thing about the sports! My youngest wasn't athletic at all but ya have to expose them to it. Sometimes it takes, sometimes it doesn't. His talents lie else where, you'll find them. No, don't think of it as quitting, you tried it, it wasn't his thing. Move on.....it's all good!

Don't get me started with moms and kids drinking soda at all hours of the night.....

Mass Hole Mommy said...

You know my oldest is 5. He has never even had a sip of soda yet. I just don't see the need to load them up on all that sugar unnecessarily! And, on the sports note, I am totally fine with it. Next year when he is old enough for Cub Scouts, I am gonna sign him up for that. I think that will be a good fit for him because he likes to do crafty types of things and earning badges will make him feel good about himself!

Blogs said...

Wow!!! busy...busy:) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Blogs said...

Can you tell it's Monday...I mean WEEK!!! Haha lol...silly me!!

mari said...

What is up with November weddings though? I've got one next weekend, and I just don't get it. Why would a bride want to freeze her butt off on her wedding day?

Me, I've just go to figure out: tights, or no tights.

I hope I can keep my daughter away from soda as long as you have. We have a diet coke addict in our house - NOT me.

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Vic, I hope you have an awesome WEEK, too! LOL!

Mari, I felt bad for the bride because not only was it cold, but it was rainy and windy, too! What a bummer for her! I love soda, and I usually have it in the back of the fridge, but he has never even asked for a sip. I barely let the kids have juice, let alone soda. LOL.

Mama Bennie said...

Hope the little guy feels better tomorrow, screw those talking bitches, and what the hell was that bridesmaid thinking?! Oh yea, and Five Guys RULES! I think I have covered all the bases here.

McVal said...

I hope he feels better soon!
And we use freecycle too! I love it!
And I plan to see 2012 soon too. Probably when it gets to the $ theater.

Stacie said...

My oldest son doesn't really care for sports either. He tried them. He is really good in soccer but doesn't want to go out for it for fear he isn't as good as the rest.

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

I so hate people that talk during a movie. My son is 4 years old. So much energy. Please tell me how to bottle it up.

dadshouse said...

Let him try sports again when he is older. My daughter started soccer at 5. She's now 17, playing varsity ball. She loves it! She runs track, too. My son played a little soccer, then caught the lacrosse bug. Sticks, pads, helmets, full contact with lots of running. It's great. They are both artistic, and my son is a great trumpet player, so I'm teaching them balance in my single dad way. (Their mom teaches other stuff in her way. That's what 50/50 custody does)