Friday, December 11, 2009

A Holiday Meme

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate, but I do like 1 glass of egg nog every year. It's just too rich for me to have any more than that.

2. Letter to Santa?
It's 2009....I did a blog to santa.

3. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Of course he wraps them. What fun it is to come downstairs and actually see everything. It's the surprise of unwrapping them to see if you got what you want that's all the fun.

4. Colored lights on your tree/house or white?
COLORED and blinking!

5. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, I kiss my kids and b/f whenever and where ever I want. It's my house :)

6. When do you put your decorations up?
The weekend after Thanksgiving. They all come down on Christmas night.

7. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
We change the menu every year, but I love to eat in general, so there is always something delicious.

8. Favorite holiday memory as a child:
Getting my first Cabbage Patch Kid, Rachael, in 3rd grade.

9. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Some dumb bitch named Shawna Hurley told me during recess in Miss Tyson's 4th grade class. I was devastated to say the least.

10. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yup, the gifts to each other.

11. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
With ornaments?

12. Can you ice skate?
Not very well.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I got a Tiffany bracelet one year from my ex. I had never gotten anything from Tiffany's (and haven't since) and I knew as soon as I saw that little blue-ish box what it was. I don't wear it anymore because my ex is a donkey. I'm hoping for a new one someday (hint, hint)!

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Spending quality time with my kids.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
EVERYTHING

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I blogged about this a week or so ago. The "elves" come the night of the 23rd and leave chocolate balls on the windowsills to show that Santa is coming the next night.

17. What tops your tree?
A haggid old angel. I gotta retire that bitch this year.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
BOTH!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Sleigh Ride, but I like so many it's hard to narrow it down.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
They taste good, but they are sticky and messy, so I never eat them. If I get one with a gift or something, I put it on my tree.

7 comments:

reener said...

LOL!! Love the comment about the angel!

Mass Hole Mommy said...

LMFAO! She's in ROUGH shape.

Anonymous said...

Girl you should wear your Tiffany bracelet... no man should come between you and jewelry! haha
I am a Tiffany junkie!

The Four Week Vegan said...

The decorations come down Christmas night? Really? Wow, that seems like a lot of work after a long day. Our angel topper lost her porcelin head this year in a fall - thankfully we were able to super glue it. She is pretty rough around the edges, but she is a tradition.

Freddae' said...

You're too funny!

Melissa said...

I can tell you were very devastated learning about Santa! Believing is still the most fun.

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Seriously Melissa, it was a life changing moment. I can remember EXACTLY where I was standing when she ruined it for me. LOL.