I'm not a phone person. I've never been one of those chatty types, and to be honest, talking on the phone is torture for me. My friends and family know better than to call me. There are only probably 5 or 6 people I will actually answer my phone for, which include immediate family, fiance and 1 or 2 friends.I pretty much have everyone trained to text or email me by this point. And if anyone actually leaves me a voicemail, rest assured it will be deleted without me even listening. If I listen to it, often times I'm then obligated to return the call, so it's better for me to just delete it to avoid any unnecessary phone time. Oh, and if it's a number that I don't know, the call will not be answered under any circumstances. Same goes for a blocked or unknown number.
I got rid of my house phone about a year ago and now use my cell phone as my primary phone. Unless I am filling out anything that requires me to list my phone number. And in that case, they get my old house phone number. Man, I hope that number hasn't been reassigned.
So, don't call me.....I'll call you. YA RIGHT!

30 comments:
I don't answer the phone either. Just for my kids or kid related things like school. All others can piss off.
I was such a phone person my entire life. Then text messaging was born. Truly the only person I want to speak to (other than my husband) is my mom. Everyone else, please text or email me! It's so true, what you've said. I don't even bother listening to VM - just see the missed call
Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing
I'm not a phone person either. Although I do listen to voicemails. I like emails the best.
Cannot agree with you more. The only reason we still have a house phone is because its so damn cheap tied into our Verizon shit. That and the wife works from home alot and she'd burn through tons of minutes on calls. We figured that it's still cheaper to use the house phone than to up the minutes on the cell phone.
Oh well, either way I don't pick up the phone for shit. Maybe to order a pizza but that's it.
Can you send a text for 911?
I don't like talking on the phone either. There are always these awkward silences, and trying to get off the phone with someone is always awkward too. People know to pretty much text me, or send me a message on FB. Either way, I am more likely to respond that way. I don't answer odd numbers either.
Glad I'm not alone in hating talking on the phone.
I definitely prefer texting or email, but I do always answer my phone.
I don't have a landline and haven't had one for at least 7 years... it's worked out alright so far (except for the few times in which I have "misplaced" the cell phone... and then I feel completely lost!).
This is too funny. I am the same way. I love to text, and talking on the phone is not my cup of tea.
xoxo
Danielle
haha! i am such a screener...
this really rings true for me
Ha! My husband feels the same! He says hes onthe phone all day at work the last thing he wants to do is answer the phine when he gets home!
i get antsy on the phone. I want to finish up the call, and move on with life. My husband always says "oh, are you busy?" Well, no, I just don't want to stand here with this thing to my ear.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
I think you and I were separated at birth when it comes to phones!! I feel the exact same way!!! I have like 10 unheard voicemail messages on my cell phone right now!! and like almost everyone else, I don't live with my cell phone shove up my ass!
I screen my calls, my home phone is on an answering machine so I don't answer unless its the school or kids or my hubby. I will listen to the messages coming in and reside if I want to call them back... lol I'm bad I hate the phone.
By the way congratulations you won the shop 7 Jewelry giveaway on my blog Happy Mom Of 5 I won't call I am going to send you an email....
check out our winner chosen post here... http://happymomof5.blogspot.com/2010/01/shop-7-jewelry-giveaway-winner.html
Chrissy
Happy Mom Of 5
I don't want a stinkin' land line bill, or a brain tumor...IM me man, or, leave me comments on my blog. I love those...
I hate the damn phone too. Many of my friends have been pissed off at my lack of contact but i just can't stand sitting on the phone. I talk to my hubby and the obligatory weekly mom call but any other calls I except/make are because I am being forced by the other party.
that is really funny. but seriously with the cost of a land line now a days it is rediculous to have one if you don't need one.
Ooh! I'm the same way! I would much rather e-mail or even do IM, because if I'm at the computer, it means I have at least a little time on my hands -- so it must be naptime! ;-) Or, even if it isn't naptime, at least via email or IM, you can't hear the girls behind me all the time. :-)
I don't have a house phone either...it just wasn't worth paying 2 bills - especially since I use my cell phone WAY more!
~WM
It's strange for me to look back on my teens and think about all the time I spent yammering on the phone. I never use it now.
Good Stuff Good Stuff LOL! I forgot I HAD a house phone and it rang one day as I was walking by and scared the crap outa me!! lol I CAN relate!!!
Aion
I am the same way! I HATE talking on the phone.
I've never been a phone person...and...I've never texted!
I am the SAME way! No home phone and a cell phone that I always screen the calls on. Why talk on the phone when there is the beautiful invention of texting!?
I destest talking on the phone too! I perfer to do all commuica via email and then chat when I see them face to face or alla facebook.
Holy Hell, I'm normal after all. I won't even answer the phone if it's family .. I screen what they have to say, and unless someone has died, I pretend I have some sort of life. I even text my kids, which could be a bad thing should CPS get a hold of their phones.
Cell phone or no, I only have it on if I need to use it. If I wanted to talk to you - I would be. Knowwhutimeanvern?
But, but, but, how do you have phone sex? Yah gotta talk (or moan) on the phone to do it.
Amen sister! I hate the phone too. The fewer calls the better.
I am the same way! Except we have a house phone because when the oldest babysits the two younger ones I want her to have a way to call me in an emergency.Course she is getting her first cellphone this year so we end up getting rid of the landline.
I hate checking voicemails too. I definitely prefer emails or texts. I'm with you there!
This is hilarious and me to an extreme! WE have our land line for DSL connection, and even though the phone isn't hooked up, I still give that number out to anyone who I don't want to hear from!
Friday Follower!
We haven't had a house phone since 2005! I am a texter..even with members of my family. The ones that don't text, I email or they email me. I think I only talk to my hubs, mom (rarely), and my grandparents. Oh and my older boys, since I need to know where they are whenever they're not with me. lol
p.s. i'm from follow friday...nice to "meet" you.
Post a Comment