Anyways, because it's a small private road, often times the plow forgets about us. There have been many times when I have been stuck in my driveway because they never plowed and I ended up having to call the town to have someone come out and do it. It actually effected me being able to get out for work on 2 seperate occasions. The 3 houses on the street are all occupied by elderly people, so they don't care if the road gets plowed or not.
Two weekends ago, we had a huge storm up here in New England (as well as most of the east coast) and got about 2 feet of snow. It took hours after the storm ended for them to come plow us out, but it was a Sunday, so no worries. When they did finally come, it was one lane down the middle of the road and they did a pretty lousy job at that. That is pretty typical, though, so I didn't think anything of it.Well yesterday it snowed off and on all day and a few more inches are expected throughout the morning today. I have about 6 inches in my yard right now (a mere dusting). The thing that gets me is that the plow has been down my street (not the main road out front, but my side street) at least a dozen times already between last night and this morning and the storm is only half over. I'm not exaggerating at all either. WTH?
I just don't get it. Whenever I need them to plow me out, they are nowhere to be found and when I don't need it, they are all over the place.

21 comments:
It's the same by me. It's not like we live in Florida, and the town maintenance workers are completely confounded by snow. This is the North Freakin East, people. How come we have no skillz? It's embarrassing. Really.
Snowplows - so much like men and police officers, no?
We had a white Christmas here in Dallas this year - 3 inches!! My two boys (3 and 7) were over the moon. My blooming forsythia bush was not as thrilled.
Stopping by from SiTS to welcome you to the gang - Happiest of New Years!!
Man I feel you!
We actually have to pay someone to plow us out each time up here in the woods. UGHHHH!!! Florida here we come!!!
Come to think of it....I'd much rather pay a pool boy!
It has got to be a MAN in charge! LOL
I have the exact same problem as I live on a private dirt road. The snow has been falling here since early this morning...should make for an interesting morning trying to get out for work.
Those snow plow guys can be a riot for sure.
Just like the cops, right?!
Sometimes you just can't win!
Welcome to SITS! I know that you will enjoy being a part of this vibrant community of bloggers :-)
lol @ em!
I can't bare the "dusting" we get here once in awhile. We got six inches of snow over the Christmas holiday, and I stayed here at home for seven days! lol If I had two feet....I might actually die. ;)
I would be frustrated too.
Wish I had some advice for ya.
Happy New Year! :)
weekend slash holiday overtime! You have to love New England and most especially Massachusetts.
What a frustrating situation... I guess take it when you can get it. :D
Welcome to SITS..the best SITSerhood around! When you have a minute come on over to my blog and enter my apron giveaway.
I wonder if they hang out in donut shops like cops? They seem to have a lot in common!
Can I even tell you that I had SIX snowplows on my street at 1:30 last night during the snow storm?!?! And that I live on a dead end street?
I love Massachusetts.
Never lived in the snow.
DO.NOT.COMPREHEND.
I've only seen snowplows on television. This is embarrassing...
Our street is low on the priority list too - which is fun in a Honda on a snowy day riding white knuckle home from work praying the car makes it up the hill around the corner and then can actually drive down our street without getting stuck.
I thought you were going to say that the plow came by right after you finished shoveling your driveway - leaving you with an immovable wall of dirty, heavy snow to contend with! That never fails.
Thanks for the follow! I'm following you now :)
Happy New Year!
Mandy
www.thejourney-theadventure.blogspot.com
Go figure. When I lived in DC it took them a week to plow us out. I don't get the method to their madness. Ah ha
The Bumbles: That has happened many times! Last storm, actually. When we got 2 feet, I spent 2 hours shoveling and then the plow comes by and leaves me a 3 foot wall at the end of the driveway that took me another hour to clear.
Maybe they're trying to make up for the fact that they were nowhere to be seen during the last storm...that and they don't want another angry call from one of your elderly neighbors ;)
~WM
Post a Comment