Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ok, ok....I Admit It.

I'm a Disney Channel "tween" show addict. I can't help myself. We watch a couple of them and they are all so cute. Seriously. No lie, I have been known to sit down and watch an episode of the Jo Bros all by myself. Did I just say that out loud? LOL.

My 5 year old made the transition from cartoons to live action about 6 months ago. He was still in preschool and he wanted to watch the Jonas Brothers because "everyone else watched it". I had no idea stuff like that started so young. Anyways, I watched an episode one night to make sure it was acceptable for a then four year old to watch and I loved it. (For any other fans out there it was the Complete Repeat episode). I was shocked at myself, but I found myself chuckling throughout the whole episode. Besides the fact that it's way better than the alternative: Sponge Bob, which is on my BANNED list.

Then while we watching the Jonas Brothers, I saw a commercial for Hannah Montana and my son pipes up "that's Hannah Montana" and told me how pretty she was. So I tivoed that. Totally cute, too.

And a few months later we saw the commercial for the Wizards of Waverly Place movie (the one they had on around Halloween) and at that point we had about 9 hours of Jonas Brothers on our tivo, we decided to check out and episode of Wizards of Waverly that was on demand. And, of course, fell in love with that show, too. I think my son can relate to Wizards a little better because it deals more with magic than "relationship" issues and other high school type dramas that the Jonas boys deal with.

So, needless to say we watch a lot of tween marketed programming in this house and I am totally ok with it. My 2 year old even likes the Jo Bros and calls all three of them Nick! So cute!






15 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Uh oh, you've gone to the dark side. Actually that might be the light side. ;)

Adoption of Jane said...

send smoke signals if you need to be saved! just wait until MTV music video stage! have fun trying to ban that one... they sure start early! Four?? Wow!

Anonymous said...

omg I did not expect this turn of events:)

Danielle said...

Do not feel alone, I am right there with ya. Wizards of Waverly place is DVR'd daily in this household. ;)

xoxo
Danielle

Insanitykim said...

We have no TV, so we are addicted to Netflix; we watch World of Quest, Johnny Test and our total fave Man vs. Food. I almost ate an entire large cheese pan pizza BY MYSELF from Pizza Hut two nites ago. I am training to be on the show.

Lindsey said...

My 14 year old neice watched my daughter and got her hooked on Hannah Montana and Jonas Bros. She is 2. I only let her watch it once in a while because I dont want her to pick up the attitude and the tween angst!

Hissyfits & Halos said...

I don't know whether to laugh atcha, or pray for yah. lol You know, I realize why you and Ian are bloggy buddies.....he watches 90210...but this is worse. Poor poor girl. ;)

Hugs!

The Rambler said...

I won't tell....if you won't tell? I'm a semi Disney tween show fanatic myself. That's all I'm saying :)

Lothiriel said...

I've watched and loved the Disney Channel even before I became a mom. I love it!

Tina said...

yeah, i am with ya ..
i have been known to sit in a room and watch Disney Channel , especially now that i don't have my HGTV. I love Wizard's of Waverly Place.
xoxoxo

Vanessa said...

Dude. Even our kids are bizarros!! If we're watching a movie on Disney and a commercial for Jonas, Hannah Montana, or any other of the "real" people shows comes on, my 6-year-old daughter asks me to change the channel!

I know it can't last forever, and I honestly think *some* of them look kind of cute, but I'm hoping she never gets interested in HM -- Miley's accent just bugs the snot out of me!

Coffeypot said...

When the grandkids were little I got hooked on Little Foot. And I also love the Scooby Doo shows - without that little shit, Scrappy Doo, the worst addition to any show ever. We still have all the Little Foot videos. Now it’s just porn for me.

Melissa said...

I love a couple of those shows, but shhhh...hubby has no idea!

Dee at Pedestrian Palate said...

Jo Bros are a no no.

Nancy C said...

We also ban Sponge Bob over here. That laugh could peel paint.