Saturday, February 20, 2010

Misikko's Hana Professional Pink 1" Flat Iron Review and GIVEAWAY!!!


Anyone that knows me, knows that I have very thick hair and VERY curly hair. I spent countless hours daydreaming about what it would be like to have straight hair. In my attempts to fulfill that dream, I've gone through probably about a dozen flat irons over the course of my lifetime. The thing about those flat irons is that they sort of straighten, but I never came across one that straighted AND worked well enough that my hair actually laid flat. I had always told people that I couldn't straighten my hair because no matter how much time I took to do it, my hair was still "puffy" (think Diana Ross). I am so LUCKY that I got to try out one of the most amazing hair straighteners! Misikko's Hana Professional 1" Flat Irons in pink! I say this with 100% seriousness that the this flat iron brought me to tears. My hair is actually FINALLY straight and looks like I've always wanted it to look.

The Hana Professional Flat Iron has an ergonomic design, so when you're holding it for a while, your hand doesn't get sore (remember that I have A LOT of hair, so it takes me a while). Plus, it heats up super fast (unlike those cheapie ones that take 20 minutes to heat up). I mean FAST! But what I really love that the Hana flat iron comes with a heat proof mat, so if I need to take a break, I can just put it down on the sink or counter and not have to worry about it burning the surface it's on! And it's pink, which is very feminine and chic!

The Hana Professional came packaged in a travel case inside a tin. They also sent Hana ShineShield which I love!! ShineShield is a thermal serum that can be used as a leave-in conditioner. It's not greasy at all and it is designed to protect hair whether or not you use it with your flat iron!

I can't rave enough about the Hana Professional 1" Flat Iron. I am absolutely IN LOVE with it! They have so many other products in addition to the best flat irons! Please check out Misikko to see their line of CHI flat irons!



Hana Professional Features:

  • Advanced Tourmaline Ceramic Plates for Accelerated Ion Generation and Maximum Frizz-Free, Conditioning Shine!
  • Ceramic is naturally hygienic, protects color & retards fading
  • Floating 1” Plates Auto-Adjust To Glide Over Any Hair Texture!
  • Curved Plate Edges For Versatile Styling - Curl, Flip or Straighten!
  • Adjustable Temperature Dial - 5 Settings from 140-450° F for All Hair Types
  • Heats in Seconds with Instant Compensation for Heat Loss
  • Ergonomic Handle Design with No-Slip Grip
  • Smooth Grooves Keep Hair Strands Separate and Snag-Free
  • Tangle-Free Salon Quality Cord Swivels 360°; Convenient Hanging Loop
  • Energy Efficient at 38 Watts
  • Independent On/Off Switch
  • Includes Luxe Heat Proof Storage Pouch, Heat Proof Silicone Mat, & Special Edition Tin Case
  • Made in Korea
  • One Year Warranty
  • Please Note: LED indicator light remains steady when iron is heating up and will blink when desired temperature is reached. If the light is off but the switch is set to On, the iron is decreasing temperature to a lower setting.


Win it: Misikko is giving a Hana Professional Flat Iron 1″ - Pink Edition to one of my lucky readers! Open to U.S. reidents only.

Mandatory Entry: Please visit Misikko's website and tell me which one of their products catches your eye! Please note, you must be a follower of my blog to enter this amazing giveaway. Don't forget to leave me a valid email address so that I can contact you if you win!

Please leave a seperate comment for each entry!

Extra Entries:

1. Follow me on Twitter (1 entry)!

2. Follow Misikko on Twitter (1 entry)!

3. Become a Facebook Fan of Mass Hole Mommy (1 entry)!

4. Enter one of my other giveaways (1 entry)!

5. Follow me on Networked Blogs (1 entry)!

6. Blog about this giveaway and leave a link to where I can find it (3 entries)!

7. Grab my button and leave a link (3 entries)!


** Please leave a seperate comment for each entry and remember to leave a valid email address in one of the entry comments. Winner has 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.

This giveaway will end at midnight (EST) on 02/28/10 and is open to U.S. residents only. The winner will be chosen via random.org and will be notified by email. Thanks again to John at Misikko for offering this fantastic giveaway!

***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

112 comments:

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

I'd kill for their Pink Pro CHI hairdryer. i straighten my hair everyday and need a good hair dryer that lasts longer than 3 months!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

I'm following you on twitter
twitter name lauraandbranden

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

I'm following Misikko on twitter too!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

cowboybootsbabybooties@gmail.com

tessica said...

i follow you on twitter

tessica said...

i am a facebook fan

tessica said...

I love anything zebra pring so i would love the Corioliss Zebra Flat Iron 1 "

Momma Fargo said...

Wow! I have the same problem. I have been searching for many years and wasted a lot of money. I thought the Coriolis Zebra Flat Iron was totally awesome as well as the pink one...but animal attraction gets me best!

B-Dub said...

I am totally digging the CHI combo set with the flat iron AND hair dryer! With their powers combined I bet I could get my hair straighter than Lady GaGa's!

B-Dub said...

I am now following you on Twitter!
@EnjoytheRideBW

B-Dub said...

Also following Misikko on Twitter!

@EnjoytheRideBW

Vodka Logic said...

looks awesome..

follow your blog

Vodka Logic said...

follow you on twitter

My account changed so please follow me too @LauraBlue24

B-Dub said...

Now I am a FB fan too!

B-Dub said...

Also following on Networked Blogs!

B-Dub said...

I just blogged about this giveaway!

http://bethanywenger.blogspot.com/2010/02/not-my-usual-but-this-time-its-ok.html

B-Dub said...

I added your button to my blog;

http://bethanywenger.blogspot.com/

Letherton said...

I really like the t3 hair dryer


ethertonphotography at gmail.com

Krukow Family said...

I just put your button on my blog. I love this hair straightener!



www.matthewandlarissa.com.

meredith said...

what a great, great giveaway!!!! i am a follower and i love the "Farouk CHI Turbo Hair Dryer"!!

meredith said...

i am also a facebook fan!!

Joshlin said...

I would like to try Model in a Bottle!
savingmomssanity at gmail dot com

Joshlin said...

I follow your blog,.
savingmomssanity at gmail dot com

Joshlin said...

I follow you on twitter too!
savingmomssanity at gmail dot com

Menopausal New Mom said...

I already have the straightest hair around but I sure liked that Pink Pro Hair Dryer (Breast Cancer Pink).

Thanks for finding my blog, I'm following you now too :)

le Chef said...

My daughter would totally love the *ULTIMATE* Hana Elite 100% Ceramic Iron + Travel Iron
Gift Set .. but I like the fact they have a heat pad, so she can stop burning our carpet!

Anonymous said...

The CHI Rocket Hair Dryer catches my eye. I am a follower of your blog.

Laura Ann
lcole(at)ec(dot)rr(dot)come

Anonymous said...

I am following you on twitter.

Laura Ann

Anonymous said...

I am following Misikko on twitter.

Laura Ann

Anonymous said...

I am a fan of Mass Hole Mommy on facebook.

Laura Ann

Anonymous said...

I am a follower on network blogs.

Laura Ann

Anonymous said...

I blogged about this giveaway on my R&G page http://2littleboysreviewsngiveaways.blogspot.com/2010/02/misikkos-flat-iron-giveaway-mass-hole.html

Laura Ann

Anonymous said...

I have your button on my R&G page
http://2littleboysreviewsngiveaways.blogspot.com/ Entry 1

Laura Ann

Anonymous said...

I have your button on my R&G page
http://2littleboysreviewsngiveaways.blogspot.com/ Entry 2

Laura Ann

Anonymous said...

I have your button on my R&G page
http://2littleboysreviewsngiveaways.blogspot.com/ Entry 3

Laura Ann

Deb K said...

Pink Pro CHI hairdryer is another favorite!

deb55106(at)gmail(dot)com

Deb K said...

I follow you on Twitter{Deb55106}

deb55106(at)gmail(dot)com

Deb K said...

I follow Misikko on Twitter{Deb55106}

deb55106(at)gmail(dot)com

Deb K said...

I am also a FB Fan of yours :-)

Deb S

deb55106(at)gmail(dot)com

Deb K said...

I also entered the "Flirty Lasso Giveaway!"

deb55106(at)gmail(dot)com

Deb K said...

I also entered the Alex and Ani Giveaway!

deb55106(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I'm lovin' the Farouk Chi turbo flat iron 1.5 and the pink pro Chi hair dryer! Loves me some pink!

Anonymous said...

I'm a follower (but you know that!)

Anonymous said...

I'm ALWAYS entering your giveaways!

Anonymous said...

I have your button!

Anonymous said...

I follow you on Twitter!

ShellyH said...

My favorite item on their site is that pink CHI Hair Dryer for Breast Cancer Awareness.

Ravish30 at aol dot com

ShellyH said...

I am following you on twitter @Ravish30

Ravish30 at aol dot com

ShellyH said...

following Misikko on twitter

Ravish30 at aol dot com

ShellyH said...

following you on FB

Ravish30 at aol dot com

ShellyH said...

Entered Flirty Girl Tshirt

Ravish30 at aol dot com

ShellyH said...

following via networked blogs

Ravish30 at aol dot com

windycindy said...

What a fabulous prize giveaway drawing! I also like their "Farouk CHI Volumizer Iron 3/4".
Many thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

windycindy said...

I follow your blog on Twitter!
Again, many thanks.....Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

windycindy said...

I also follow Misikko on Twitter!
Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

windycindy said...

Facebook fan of Mass Hole Mommy.
Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

windycindy said...

Also, I am entered in your Bee Well
Wishes Giveaway.....
Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

windycindy said...

I also follow your blog on Networked
Blogs!
Merci, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Sabrina Kay said...

I like the Breast Cancer Awarness Hair Dryer.

Sabrina Kay said...

Follow you by Google

Sabrina Kay said...

Follow you on Twitter

Sabrina Kay said...

Follow you on Networked Blogs

Sabrina Kay said...

Entered your Lunch Box giveaway. :-)

carO__ said...

The T3 Tourmaline hair dryer caught my eye!

http://life-caroline.blogspot.com/

enilorac802@gmail.com

carO__ said...

I follow you on twitter

@cdmw

http://life-caroline.blogspot.com/

enilorac802@gmail.com

carO__ said...

i follow Misikko on twitter

@cdmw

http://life-caroline.blogspot.com/

eniloreac802@gmail.com

jakiesmom said...

new follower
i love the paul brown 1" hawaii superior flat iron
nannypanpan@sbcglobal.net

jakiesmom said...

entered bee well

Kerrie said...

Another product that catches my eye is the Croc Designer Hair Dryer!!
kerriekg@yahoo.com

Kerrie said...

I follow you on Twitter @36momma
kerriekg@yahoo.com

Kerrie said...

I follow Misikko on Twitter @36momma
kerriekg@yahoo.com

Tatjana said...

What catches my eye is the Farouk CHI Rocket Hair Dryer


tboardley20@gmail.com

Tatjana said...

I follow you on twitter

tboardley20@gmail.com

Tatjana said...

Im a facebook Fan of Mass Hole Mommy

Tatjana said...

I you on Networked Blogs



tboardley20@gmail.com

redfuzzycow said...

i'd really like to try the hana shineshield. i follow your blog (redfuzzycow)

redfuzzycow said...

i follow you on twitter (redfuzzycow)

redfuzzycow said...

i follow misikko on twitter (redfuzzycow)

redfuzzycow said...

i'm a facebook fan of your (jen reda)

redfuzzycow said...

i follow you on networked blogs (jen reda)

redfuzzycow said...

i also entered the joy of soap giveaway

redfuzzycow said...

i blogged http://redfuzzycow.blogspot.com/2010/02/blog-giveaways-post-18.html #1

redfuzzycow said...

i blogged http://redfuzzycow.blogspot.com/2010/02/blog-giveaways-post-18.html #2

redfuzzycow said...

i blogged http://redfuzzycow.blogspot.com/2010/02/blog-giveaways-post-18.html #3

Heavenly Savings said...

I like the CHI Pro Pink Dryer - Breast Cancer Awareness! I need a new hair dryer!
Kwhiz84(at)live(dot)com

Heavenly Savings said...

Follow on twitter
Okwhisner/heavenlysavings
Kwhiz84(at)live(dot)com

Heavenly Savings said...

Follow Misikko on Twitter
Okwhisner/heavenlysavings
Kwhiz84(at)live(dot)com

Heavenly Savings said...

Have your button on right sidebar!!!
www.heavenlysavings.blogspot.com
kwhiz84(at)live(dot)com

Heavenly Savings said...

Have your button on right sidebar!!!
www.heavenlysavings.blogspot.com
kwhiz84(at)live(dot)com

Heavenly Savings said...

Have your button on right sidebar!!!
www.heavenlysavings.blogspot.com
kwhiz84(at)live(dot)com

hotmama0609 said...

I would love to get the CHI Pro Pink Dryer - Breast Cancer Awareness because it supports a great cause and I really need a good blow dryer. cottncndydreams@aol.com

hotmama0609 said...

im a twitter follower hotmama0609 cottncndydreams@aol.com

hotmama0609 said...

im following misikko on twitter

hotmama0609 said...

im a fan of Mass Hole Mommy on facebook-kristin loper

hotmama0609 said...

Your button is on my side bar #1

hotmama0609 said...

Your button is on my blog #3 cottncndydreams@aol.com

meredith said...

ohh, and i follow you on twitter
(@flashpasteurize)

meredith said...

and i follow misikko on twitter!

Joshlin said...

#1. I did a blog post about this giveaway at http://asavingmomssanity.blogspot.com/2010/02/saturdays-giveaways_27.html

Savingmomssanity at gmail dot com

Joshlin said...

#3. I did a blog post about this giveaway at http://asavingmomssanity.blogspot.com/2010/02/saturdays-giveaways_27.html

Savingmomssanity at gmail dot com

Rebecca Orr said...

I also saw the Bio Ionic iDry Whisper Light Pro Hair Dryer. Very nice. Thanks for the chance. bekki1820cb at gmail

Rebecca Orr said...

Follower on twitter: @bekki1820cb
bekki1820cb at gmail

Rebecca Orr said...

Follower of Misikko on twitter: @bekki1820cb
bekki1820cb at gmail

Rebecca Orr said...

Facebook fan: Bekki Orr
bekki1820cb at gmail

Rebecca Orr said...

Entered the Eden Fantasy's giveaway
bekki1820cb at gmail

Rebecca Orr said...

Follower on Networked blogs: Bekki Orr
bekki1820cb at gmail

Anne said...

I'd love to have the T3 Evolution Hair Dryer

ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

Anne said...

I follow you on twitter, lunaj1456

Anne said...

I follow misikko on twitter, lunaj1456

Anne said...

I am a facebook fan (Anne Jolly)

Anne said...

I follow on networked blogs (Anne Jolly)

Anne said...

entered Alex & Ani giveaway

ajolly1456 at gmail dot com