Reason # 492So, last Friday morning the 2 year old had his 2 1/2 year well visit. Since the boys slept over their dad's place on Thursday night, he took them. I was planning on meeting them there, which I did. When I got there (10 minutes early) they were already in the exam room. No biggie, but it was a small, hot room and the four of us (me, my ex and the 2 boys) were crammed in there waiting for the doctor to come in.
Rewind about a month. I said to my ex that I wanted to tell my 5 year old about the fact that I am getting married). He wanted me to wait till it got much closer, but I told him I didn't agree with that. It's only about six months away now and he is very sensitive, so I thought waiting till the last minute would be a mistake. He finally agreed, but said he wanted to be there when I told him in case he had any questions. Fair enough.
Back to the pediatrician's office this past Friday. We're in the small, hot room and I casually mention to my ex that I would like to tell our son over the weekend sometime. So he rolls his eyes and says to our five year old "Hey, did you know that your mom is marrying Chris, right?" Then he turns to me and says "Now you can stop nagging me about this". Uh, WTF??? Literally as soon as those words came out of his mouth, the doctor knocked and came in.
Aside from the fact that my ex completely stole my thunder (it's MY wedding and it would have been nice if I could have been the one to tell him), but he dropped a huge bombshell on my son and he had no time to ask questions.
A few minutes later while the baby is on my ex's lap in the chair getting checked, my 5 year old comes up to me and starts asking some questions, like about them moving in and whatnot. My son is VERY happy that Chris and his son (and the dog) are moving in. I mean VERY happy. He idolizes Chris's son! It was just the point that this major life changing event was just dropped in his lap with no time to digest it. We've been talking about it all weekend and he knows he can ask all the questions he needs to, but I was furious at my ex.
Reason #493
On Saturday my ex gives me my child support check. He is supposed to pay it weekly, but because he only gets paid bi-weekly, he gives me two weeks worth every other week. I don't really care as long as I get my check.
Anyway, he ended up giving me my check on 02/07 for only one week, which was fine. He's done that a few times in the past, so no biggie. Well this morning, I looked at the check he gave me on Saturday and it said it was for the 21st and the 28th. Ummmm, what about the 14th. So when I went to pick up the kids at his place this morning I asked him about it. He got very defensive and said "he'd look into it" and that he won't have the money until the 28th either way. He's leaving on Saturday for a week on a business trip, meaning I probably won't get that money until the following week when he gets back. Normally, I am not overly concerned about things like that because he is very good about paying up, but it's a short month this month and my mortgage is going to be automatically withdrawn on the 1st of March. I'm going to have to take money out of my savings now to make sure the money is in my checking account in time for the withdrawal. It's just more of a pain than anything.
He's just a jackass.

34 comments:
I have a ex like that! Thankfully I now get my child support through court order!
Sound like a real winner!!!
Im sorry he is such a jerk. Do you have an order stating when child support is to be paid? My Ex has it taken out of his acct directly and a check mailed to me the same time each month. That way there is never any question about it. *hugs*
I don't have an ex and I never plan to. Then again I'd have to let her out of the basement first.
LMAO, Ian!!!! I didn't plan on having an ex at the time either, though.
And, there is a court order that he is supposed to pay it weekly, but I am VERY flexible with him, because I am just appreciative that he actually pays it. And he signed himself to pay a lot more than he is required to, so I think by staying flexible, he won't have any reason to go back to court and try and lower it. Ya know? It's just a pain when he screws up and then yells at me like it's my fault!
Wow...he's a keeper, all right!
The first reason would have made me grab his balls and twist for dear life!!!
Oh no he di-n't. I would be highly pissed off!!
Total jackass! Stealing your thunder- I would have wanted to kick him. But accident, of course.
#1 i am surpised he suvived...poor doctor Aaron must have not known what he was walking into....lol...
#2 they will never lower his child support so feel free to take him to court...this is MA and because he has a penis he is screwed...lol...lets just say they will freeze all his accounts till he pays you the money and take it out of his paycheck directly...its wicked fun being on the recieving end of this let me clue ya...lol.
So sorry that you're dealing with an A-Hole ex... but it sounds like you had a good talk with your son and he's excited :)
:) I know. I just keep telling the wife to keep it quiet and I'll let her out of the basement an extra time each day. That's how a good relationship works. Keep em in check you know?
LOST TOMORROW NIGHT!
You're too good to your wife, Ian. I sure hope Lost isn't a snoozefest like it was last week.
I'm so sorry! You're nicer than I am...I would have told the doctor to come back in a few minutes and proceeded to slap the ex across the face as hard as I could! It's your wedding, NOT his.
I'm so sorry! You're nicer than I am...I would have told the doctor to come back in a few minutes and proceeded to slap the ex across the face as hard as I could! It's your wedding, NOT his.
I'm so sorry! You're nicer than I am...I would have told the doctor to come back in a few minutes and proceeded to slap the ex across the face as hard as I could! It's your wedding, NOT his.
I'm so sorry! You're nicer than I am...I would have told the doctor to come back in a few minutes and proceeded to slap the ex across the face as hard as I could! It's your wedding, NOT his.
HOLY QUADRUPLE POST BATMAN!
Poop on him!
Yeah, I'm guessing there's a reason he's your ex. Jackass.
When I was divorcing my Ex people kept saying to me, "Thank God you don't have kids." They weren't kidding.
I can really appreciate the toll it must take on you to have to deal with your Ex. I'm luck enough that I don't have to deal with mine anymore. If only there were a magic way to keep him part of your kids' lives without him being a part of yours!
I do love the donkey though. Makes me giggle.
Ya know what's funny. That pic of the donkey is the picture I have set to come up on my phone when he calls. LMFAO.
What a $&^&#$#**%%^$^&! . I'd be willing to bet you're going to have more of these type of issues after you get married. He's going to be thinking, "Chris should be paying for that." and "She's married now and so they have more money." Don't let him get away with anything.
Definitely be prepared once you get married. He may pull the "I am not paying money to support HIM!". It happened to my friend.
That's why they call them exes... I call my ex the beast.
My ex is a jackass too! Makes me wonder what we were thinking! Kori xoxo
Like they always say..."Give an EX an inch, he'll take a mile."
Ok, ROFL, no one ever said that...but it is the only thing I could think of!
They are all PIGS!!
Like they always say..."Give an EX an inch, he'll take a mile."
Ok, ROFL, no one ever said that...but it is the only thing I could think of!
They are all PIGS!!
How rude!? I can't believe he told your son about you getting married after all of that. And yes, stole your thunder. What a d-bag. I'm hating my husband lately so I'm in anti-man mode so forgive me. Guys really suck. I know, not all guys but many of them :(
Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing
How rude!? I can't believe he told your son about you getting married after all of that. And yes, stole your thunder. What a d-bag. I'm hating my husband lately so I'm in anti-man mode so forgive me. Guys really suck. I know, not all guys but many of them :(
Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing
My ex does the same about child support. Gives me bi weekly when he's supposed to give it to me weekly. Sometimes he just doesn't even do it because he needs the money that week. Sometimes I want to hurt him!!! Your ex seems so insensitive though.
http://three-seventeen.blogspot.com
Out west here we have a way of taking care of those things...shoot, shovel, and shut-up! BWAHAHHHAAA! Just kidding. That kind of stuff only gets you in trouble and you waste good bullets.
Maybe he will find a new one to pick on. Then she can help pay the child support!
Wow, telling your son was a bit of a low blow! Congratulations on your upcoming (6 months) nuptials!
I think I would have jacked him in his head for telling your son. That's your right and not his! Ugh, men are so stupid!
As for the child support, well honey if my daughters father would just pay something I'd be happy. He's $21,000 behind right now, and since he decided he's disabled and applied for SSI if he's approved he won't have to pay any of it....ever! So yay, I will still get to pay 100% of my daughters support and my taxes will support him as well.
I don't envy you for having to deal with your ex.
Post a Comment