Saturday, March 6, 2010

Baby/Kidz Banz Review and Giveaway!



How many times have your bought sunglasses for your child and they were broken within a day or two. And if you are lucky enough that your child actually keeps them in tact, they end up falling off his or her face and getting lost. It's happened to me countless times and that is why I love Baby BanZ! Basically these are a pair of sunglasses, but instead of having plastic pieces to fit over your ears, they come with a pre-attached neoprene strap, with an adjustable Velcro side closing so that it can grow with your child! They don't just have sunglasses, either. Check out the cute sun hats and other things on their site!

I was lucky enough to review a pair of the KidZ BanZ - Adventure BanZ! They are the same product as Baby Banz, only a little bigger. Oh how I wish I had known about these when my older son was little. They are a must have for any parent. They are critical in protecting our kids eye from harmful UV rays and they actually stay in place once your little one has them on! Oh yeah, and they look super cute and stylish in them, too!! I highly recommend these to anyone with children and I am going to start giving these as gifts when I have baby showers to attend.


In an ever deteriorating UV climate, Baby Banz is steadfast in its ongoing effort to preserve the sensitive eyes and precious skin of little ones everywhere. Baby Banz is committed to developing children's UV protective sunglasses, hats, accessories and swimwear that not only protect them from the sun's harmful UV rays, but are also comfortable, fun to wear and strong enough to last.

Some information from the Baby BanZ website:
  • 80% of a lifetime sun exposure is obtained before age 18.
  • Children from the ages of birth to adolescence are at greatest risk to accrue eye damage from ultraviolet light.
  • Immediately after birth, nearly all UV Light is transmitted through the lens to the retina of the infant’s eye because an infant’s lenses have not begun the critical development necessary to block UV Light.
  • During childhood, the lens transmittance decreases as the child’s eyes further develop and by the age of 25, the lens absorbs almost all UV Light.
  • UV exposure contributes to the development of many eye disorders such as Photokeratitis, a reversible sunburning of the cornea; Cataracts, a clouding of the eye’s natural lens which reduces vision; and Skin Cancer can develop on the eyelids and surrounding skin

Win it: Baby Banz has generously offerered one (1) of my lucky readers a pair of BabyBanZ or Kid BanZ of their choice.


Mandatory Entry: Please visit Baby BanZ and tell me which pair you would choose if you won. Please remember to leave me a valid email address so that I can contact you if you win!

Please leave a seperate comment for each entry!


Extra Entries:
1. Follow my blog through Google friend connect (1 entry)!
2. Follow me on Twitter (1 entry)!
3. Become a Facebook Fan of Mass Hole Mommy (1 entry)!
4. Enter one of my other giveaways (1 entry)!
5. Follow me on Networked Blogs (1 entry)!
6. Follow Baby Banz on Twitter (1 entry)!
7. Become a fan of Baby Banz on Facebook (1 entry)!
8. Blog about this giveaway and leave a link to where I can find it (3 entries)!
9. Grab my button and leave a link (3 entries)!
10. Tweet about this giveaway! Please include @massholemommy in your tweet! Can be tweeted once per day and counts as one entry per tweet.

** Please leave a seperate comment for each entry and remember to leave a valid email address in one of the entry comments. Winner has 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.

This giveaway will end at 8:59 pm (EST) on 03/13/10 and is open to U.S. residents only. The winner will be chosen via random.org and will be notified by email. Thanks again to Baby Banz for offering this fantastic giveaway!

***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

41 comments:

Viva said...

I love the Adventure BanZ in Nordic Camo.

Viva said...

I follow your blog.

Viva said...

I entered the Crane giveaway.

Katrina said...

I like the pacific blue bucket hat!

Katrina said...

I follow via google friend connect!

gdy2shoes23(at)gmail.com

Katrina said...

I follow you on twitter! (katrinawelch)

gdy2shoes23(at)gmail.com

Katrina said...

I am a facebook fan!

H said...

I was just looking into getting my son a pair of these just the other day! He has Glaucoma so I am glad I found a post raving about these sunglasses! I would definitely go with the polarized babybanz in pacific blue!

Heather
Caffeine and Dreams
heathersmith1123@gmail.com

Lothiriel said...

I loved the Banz pink sunglass case!

Lothiriel said...

I follow you through GFC

Lothiriel said...

I follow you on twitter

Lothiriel said...

I'm a fan on FAcebook

(Maritza Jones)

Lothiriel said...

I have your button

http://iwaitforthatday.blogspot.com/

mrs.messi said...

I follow you :)

mrsmessismusings @ hotmail.com

mrs.messi said...

I love the bucket hats - perfect for the beach!

mrs.messi said...

I entered the Orly giveaway, too!

mrsmessismusings @ hotmail.com

kathy55439 said...

I have always loved the bucket hats so fun

kathy55439 said...

http://twitter.com/kathy55439/statuses/10176148243

kathy55439 said...

follow you on facebook kathy55439

kathy55439 said...

follow you on twitter kathy55439

kathy55439 said...

Google Friend kathy55439

Jaime said...

I like the baby banz in midnight black

Jaime said...

FB fan of baby banz

Molomatic said...

I like the Adventure BanZ in Flamingo Pink!

molomatic (at) gmail (dot) com

Molomatic said...

I have your button on my blog!
http://onegratefulmama.blogspot.com/

#2

Molomatic said...

I have your button on my blog!
http://onegratefulmama.blogspot.com/

#3

Molomatic said...

I entered your Crane giveaway too! Thanks

Jennifer said...

I like the kidz banz adventure in pink diva camo

Jennifer said...

I follow via google friend connect

Jennifer said...

I follow you on Twitter (@jkgorcery)

Jennifer said...

I follow Baby Banz on Twitter (@jkgorcery)

Jennifer said...

I entered your Nature's Gate Papaya Body Wash Giveaway

Jennifer said...

I tweeted: https://twitter.com/jkgorcery/status/10200003233

JL said...

I would choose the adventure Bandz in pacific blue.

JL said...

I follow your blog.

JL said...

I'm a fan of yours on facebook.

JL said...

I entered your Vapur bottle giveaway.

JL said...

I'm a fan of Baby Banz on facebook.

jakiesmom said...

i like the kidz banz adventure banz in pacific blue
nannypanpan@sbcglobal.net

jakiesmom said...

gfc follower

jakiesmom said...

entered crane humidifier