As of today I will not be participating in the Friday Follows any longer. Why? Without dropping specific names, one of my bloggy buds approached one of the hostesses of the Friday Follow asking to use one or all three of the top spots in the linky as part of the fund raising/awareness efforts for Mission Monkey. She flat out refused and said it was because the Friday Follows are for fun. How heartless and I'd be willing to bet my life she never even asked the other two hostesses. She couldn't even give up the top spots for one fricken week for a GREAT cause? WTF?
What is Mission Monkey? You can read about all the deets here at Ian's blog, but long story short, a bunch of bloggers have banded together because Michelle's daughter was recently diagnosed with cancer and some other bloggers are doing a fundraiser for it ( I am dealing with my own son's problems...which doesn't compare, I know, but still, it's taking up a lot of my free time and I need to focus on him right now and no, I am not getting into it).
One of my bloggy buds, Jana over at Boobies, Babies and a Blog decided to start a Fawk You Friday (and man I hope this continues every Friday) to air out our grievances for the week and whatnot. As you can probably tell, that is a huge one. Although I am not actively participating in the fund raising efforts, doesn't mean my heart doesn't go out to Michelle. No one deserves cancer, especially a baby.
In other news, Monday my 5 year old dropped my iPhone and broke my Morphie Power Pack (battery charger sort of thing) into about 14 pieces. That thing was like $80. Iwasn't too happy, but just when I was starting to come to terms with it, I spilled ketchup ALL OVER my newish laptop. I had to take off all the keys and scrub it down. Not cool. Not cool at all.
Then I had a huge fight with my brother on Wednesday (LONG ass story...I mean novel long). He has made some BAD decisions and I've been trying soooo hard and for soooo long to help him, but he won't get up off his ass and help himself, so how can I help him if he won't help himself? I can't get into the specifics on here because again, I have no idea who reads this. Sorry. If you are just dying of curiousity, bring me a Dunkin Donuts coconut iced coffee and I'll spill.
And last, but not least, the only other thing really bothering me is the fact that I went to a meeting last night for my son's new school to find out how I can be a parent volunteer (he is in kindergarten currently, which is in a seperate building, so he'll be starting 1st grade in the new school). The meeting was led by the assistant principal, who couldn't have been more than 30...not sure how she got that job at such a young age...but what bothered me was her googly eyes. She was clearly cross-eyed to begin with, but evey now and then one eyeball would go off to one side. Hmmm....don't they have corrective lenses for that? Anyways, I went to the meeting with my friend Jen and she was MUCH more creeped out by it that I was. For me, it was more like a train wreck to me....I didn't want to look, but couldn't help myself.
So there you have it in a nutshell. May the force be with you. And if you wanna, link up and join forces....DO IT!
What is Mission Monkey? You can read about all the deets here at Ian's blog, but long story short, a bunch of bloggers have banded together because Michelle's daughter was recently diagnosed with cancer and some other bloggers are doing a fundraiser for it ( I am dealing with my own son's problems...which doesn't compare, I know, but still, it's taking up a lot of my free time and I need to focus on him right now and no, I am not getting into it).
One of my bloggy buds, Jana over at Boobies, Babies and a Blog decided to start a Fawk You Friday (and man I hope this continues every Friday) to air out our grievances for the week and whatnot. As you can probably tell, that is a huge one. Although I am not actively participating in the fund raising efforts, doesn't mean my heart doesn't go out to Michelle. No one deserves cancer, especially a baby.
In other news, Monday my 5 year old dropped my iPhone and broke my Morphie Power Pack (battery charger sort of thing) into about 14 pieces. That thing was like $80. Iwasn't too happy, but just when I was starting to come to terms with it, I spilled ketchup ALL OVER my newish laptop. I had to take off all the keys and scrub it down. Not cool. Not cool at all.
Then I had a huge fight with my brother on Wednesday (LONG ass story...I mean novel long). He has made some BAD decisions and I've been trying soooo hard and for soooo long to help him, but he won't get up off his ass and help himself, so how can I help him if he won't help himself? I can't get into the specifics on here because again, I have no idea who reads this. Sorry. If you are just dying of curiousity, bring me a Dunkin Donuts coconut iced coffee and I'll spill.
And last, but not least, the only other thing really bothering me is the fact that I went to a meeting last night for my son's new school to find out how I can be a parent volunteer (he is in kindergarten currently, which is in a seperate building, so he'll be starting 1st grade in the new school). The meeting was led by the assistant principal, who couldn't have been more than 30...not sure how she got that job at such a young age...but what bothered me was her googly eyes. She was clearly cross-eyed to begin with, but evey now and then one eyeball would go off to one side. Hmmm....don't they have corrective lenses for that? Anyways, I went to the meeting with my friend Jen and she was MUCH more creeped out by it that I was. For me, it was more like a train wreck to me....I didn't want to look, but couldn't help myself.
So there you have it in a nutshell. May the force be with you. And if you wanna, link up and join forces....DO IT!

20 comments:
Jeez. What a week. I'm glad your electronics made it through! (Well... sort of, I guess) Hopefully next week will be better for you.
Hoorahs to you, lady! I agree. Very surprised.
Dang it on the electronics! Poop. Shit.
HOld up they refused to host Monkey's button but expect to talk about how close knot the blogging community is. NOT COOL at all. Period.. I would rather 100 people went to Monkey and donated then came to my blog period. What is wrong with people. Umm ok your description of the assistant principal had me thinking about Peanut the puppet with Jeff Dunham and their encounter with the person with lazy eye lol. YOu will have to look for iton Youtube HILARIOUS..Oh good grief my typing and spelling skills suck today..
Darn those Friday Follow people!!! That is not nice!
And that really sucks about your iPhone and laptop and other electronics...
HAve a good weekend!
Thanks Robin
:) Smooches Robin!
RIP to your iphone!! That sucks..definitely fawk you worthy!
I'm just rolling about the googly eyed principal! My son's doctor has this twitch that makes me totally insane for some reason...I try not to look but end up gawking...rude, rude..I know!
Thanks for linking up lova!
Fawk Friday sounds AWESOME!!! Sign me up!
So I love the button that was created for Fawk You Fridays. I am amazed the Friday Follow ladies went that route as they seem like caring people. I don't think the link would have removed the "fun" of collecting followers in such a sincere and enormous way (sarcasm). I have joined the Friday Follow a few times but stopped because it didn't feel sincere. People follow because you followed them and they never show up again so all your left with most times are numbers not participants (I am also guilty of this the few times I joined).
Sorry bout yo iPhone and laptop. It sounds like it was technological disaster week in your house.
Sabreena, it was on in particular, not all three. She nixed the idea without even consulting with the other two.
I ended up getting a new Mophie and it came yesterday, so the phone is square and after about an hour of scraping ketchup off my laptop with a toothpick, it seems good to go, too.
I'm glad that you are putting it out there. I took off the FF button as soon as I found out. And have been telling everyone I see with it on their blogs.
I'm there! Forget them!
joining in on F you Friday! Screw FF!
I'm just flabbergasted by the ugliness that is out there now and after seeing this post, I now understand what other people that have been cyber-bullied feel. It's too bad that some have chosen to bash us after hearing a one-sided story.
Lynn
It wasn't one sided by any means, I know EXACTLY what took place and it's disgusting how ugly your cohort was about the whole thing. I even read her lame ass excuse to Jana, but nothing justifies being that cold hearted towards a sick baby. NOTHING.
It's all about Monkey! I never participated in Follow Friday but this isn't good. I have Monkey's buttons in my sidebar and a whole page titled Mission Monkey.
http://lovelyritaann.com
I don't even know Monkey's mamma, or Monkey....but I posted buttons on my sidebars, too.
You just imagine how you would feel if it happened to YOUR CHILD, and you immediately thank your blessings that it didn't.....but your next train of thought is - how can I help that other family who was burdened with this?
Oh that is a rough week! Hope someone gets you that Dunkins....mmmm Dunkins, don't have it here in Canada and the weekend is better!
Oh I would DIE if something happened to my laptop! I don't have a fancy schmancy phone though. I have three brothers and they all have ISSUES so I understand!
My Iphone sends your Iphone condolences! Ack! I think I would panic if all that happened to me!
Wow! That is shocking! Poor monkey! Fawk FF!
Post a Comment