Saturday, May 22, 2010

Village Candle Review & Giveaway - 2 Winners!

I personally love candles. At any given time, I have some sort of delcious scented candle burning around my house. I love when I walk into someone else's home and it smells fresh and delicious, and it makes me all giddy when people comment how nice my house smells. Village Candles is a company based in Maine, that sells a whole variety of candles in many different scents and various sizes, so there is something for every candle lover.

"Village Candle’s mission is to be the leading manufacturer in the home
fragrance industry by offering premium quality products that exceed their
customers' expectations. Whether they prefer the fresh scent of Balsam Fir or
the mouth-watering aroma of Brownie Delight, Village Candle’s scented candles
enhance the ambiance of any room. What makes these candles so amazing is that
their fragrances last much longer than that initial whiff. Their fragrances fill
the room but do not overpower. Village Candle® truly has found the perfect
balance".


I have to be honest here and tell you guys that the majority of the candles that I buy are food/dessert scented ones. Baked goods flavored candles give people the illusion that I actually bake (mwahahaha) and ususally invokes a comment or two from visitors when I burn a sweet smelling candle before company arrives.

Sally at Village Candle generously sent me one of her Lemon Pound Cake candles to review and I was in heaven! It was strong enough to fill my house with the lovely scent of lemons and pound cake, but not overwhelming, either. It was just right and it only took a few minutes to fill my kitchen with the amazing scent. If you are like me and love candles, I highly recommend Village Candles!


"Rich yet light, the best lemon pound cake you've ever had fills your senses
and satisfies your dessert cravings. This candle brings you that delectable
experience every time you light it—with no calories!"
Win it: The generous folks at Village Candle have offered two (2) of my lucky readers a Lemon Pound Cake candle of their very own!

Mandatory Entry: Visit Village Candle and tell me what scent you would just love to try and then go to the discussion tab on their Facebook page and tell them that you were referred by me and what scent you would love to try. Please leave me a valid email address in this comment so that I can contact you if you win. If no email address is left, the entry will be disqualified.

Please leave a seperate comment for each entry!

Extra Entries:

1. Follow my blog through Google friend connect (1 entry)!

2. Follow me on Twitter (1 entry)!

3. Become a Facebook Fan of Mass Hole Mommy (1 entry)!

4. Enter one of my other giveaways (1 entry)!

5. Follow me on Networked Blogs (1 entry)!

6. Follow Village Candle on Twitter (1 entry)!

7. Become a fan of Village Candle on Facebook (1 entry)!

8. Enter one of Jana's giveaways on Boobies, Babies & A Blog (1 giveaway per giveaway entered)!

8. Blog about this giveaway and leave a link to where I can find it (3 entries)!

9. Subscribe to my feed (3 entries)!

10. Grab my button and leave a link (3 entries)!

11. Tweet this giveaway. Please include @massholemommy in the tweet. Can be tweeted once per day and counts as one entry per tweet.

** Please leave a seperate comment for each entry and remember to leave a valid email address in one of the entry comments. Winner has 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.

This giveaway will end at midnight (EST) on 05/29/10 and is open to U.S. residents. The winner will be chosen via random.org and will be notified by email. Thanks again to Sally at Village Candle for offering this fantastic giveaway!

***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

87 comments:

Babes Mami said...

mmmmm pumpkin pie! Itis one of my FAVORITE scents!
smartinez03 AT live DOT com

Babes Mami said...

I entered Janas key necklace giveaway!

Babes Mami said...

I have your button!
www.babesrockinmami.blogspot.com

Babes Mami said...

I have your button!
www.babesrockinmami.blogspot.com

Babes Mami said...

entered the Trading Phrases giveaway

Babes Mami said...

entered the PK Press Sticker Pack

Babes Mami said...

entered Rachael Ray Muffin Pan giveaway

Babes Mami said...

entered YoYo Lip Gloss giveaway

Babes Mami said...

Entered the UPrinting Business Cards giveaway!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to try the Egyptian Sandalwood scent!

boobiesbabiesandablog AT gmail DOT com

Anonymous said...

GFC Follower

Anonymous said...

I'm your FB fan

Anonymous said...

I entered your YoYo lip gloss giveaway

Anonymous said...

Following village candles on twitter @bbandablog

Anonymous said...

button x 3

Anonymous said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/BBandAblog/status/14502283087

Babes Mami said...

I entered Js Katazoom giveaway!

Babes Mami said...

I entered Js Fastasy Toy Box Giveaway

lmurley2000 said...

i would like to try the green tea and citrus

lmurley2000@yahoo.com

lmurley2000 said...

follow on google friend connect

lmurley2000@yahoo.com

lmurley2000 said...

follow on twitter-lmurley2000

lmurley2000@yahoo.com

lmurley2000 said...

like on facebook-lmurley2000

lmurley2000@yahoo.com

lmurley2000 said...

entered the trading phases giveaway

lmurley2000@yahoo.com

lmurley2000 said...

follow on networked blog-facebook

lmurley2000@yahoo.com

lmurley2000 said...

follow village candle on twitter-lmurley2000

lmurley2000@yahoo.com

lmurley2000 said...

like village candle on facebook-lmurley2000

lmurley2000@yahoo.com

lmurley2000 said...

email subscriber

lmurley2000@yahoo.com

entry 1

lmurley2000 said...

email subscriber

lmurley2000@yahoo.com

entry 2

lmurley2000 said...

email subscriber

lmurley2000@yahoo.com

entry 3

lmurley2000 said...

tweeted

http://twitter.com/lmurley2000/status/14506282958

lmurley2000@yahoo.com

Katie S said...

I would like the Waterfall one

ktdietrich@yahoo.com

Went to their FB and started a new topic that you sent me.

Katie S said...

Follow you on tiwtter @ktdietrich

Katie S said...

Like you on FB

Katie S said...

Entered Alight top

Katie S said...

Entered bad idea t-shirts

Katie S said...

Entered Rachel Ray pan

Katie S said...

Follow you on networked blogs

Katie S said...

Follow Village Candle on twitter

Katie S said...

Like Village candle on FB

Katie S said...

Subscribe to your feed

Katie S said...

Subscribe to your feed

Katie S said...

Subscribe to your feed

Katie S said...

Blogged about it here:
http://thelifeandtimesofkatiescott.blogspot.com/2010/05/giveaways.html

Katie S said...

Blogged about it here:
http://thelifeandtimesofkatiescott.blogspot.com/2010/05/giveaways.html

Birdie said...

Apple peel and pepper is definitely my pick!! That just sounds so unique!!
siete.nueve(at)yahoo(dot)com

Birdie said...

I follow you on Twitter @anarchica

Birdie said...

I follow village candle on twitter too @anarchica

Birdie said...

I Like Mass Hole Mommy on FB

Birdie said...

entered another givaway!

Birdie said...

I fanned Village Candle on FB :)

Birdie said...

subscribed to your feed!

Birdie said...

Feed 2

Birdie said...

Feed 3 ;)

Birdie said...

Tweeted the giveaway! @anarchica

redfuzzycow said...

i'd like to try the sweet buttercream scent
redfuzzycow@yahoo.com

redfuzzycow said...

i follow your blog through google friend connect (redfuzzycow)

redfuzzycow said...

i like you on facebook (jen reda)

redfuzzycow said...

i follow you on networked blogs (jen reda)

redfuzzycow said...

i follow village candle on twitter (redfuzzycow)

redfuzzycow said...

i like village candle on facebook (jen reda)

redfuzzycow said...

i entered jena's bikini kitchen giveaway

redfuzzycow said...

i entered jena's soy box candles giveaway

redfuzzycow said...

i subscribe to your feed (redfuzzycow@yahoo.com) #1

redfuzzycow said...

i subscribe to your feed (redfuzzycow@yahoo.com) #2

redfuzzycow said...

i subscribe to your feed (redfuzzycow@yahoo.com) #3

redfuzzycow said...

your button is on my blog www.redfuzzycow.blogspot.com #1

Cari said...

I subscribe to your feed w/ google reader.

carissa.sutton(at)gmail.com

Cari said...

I subscribe to your feed w/ google reader.

carissa.sutton(at)gmail.com

#2

Cari said...

I subscribe to your feed w/ google reader.

carissa.sutton(at)gmail.com

#3

Anonymous said...

tweet: http://twitter.com/BBandAblog/status/14768662431

Carries Rambles said...

I would love to try all of them, but I will start with the Lemon Zest!
I posted on the FB discussions page
Carrie I B.
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

I am a Facebook Fan
Carrie I B.
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

Following on Networked blogs
Carrie
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

following Village Candle on twitter
@yorkiemomma
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

following village candle on FB
Carrie I B
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

entered J's Katazoom giveaway
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

Entered J's Bizzytoys givaway
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

entered J's ATG giveaway
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

entered J's Soybox giveaway
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

entered J's Fantasy Jewelry Box Giveaway
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

I have your button, left hand side
http://carriesrambles-carrie.blogspot.com
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com
entry 1

Carries Rambles said...

I have your button, left hand side
http://carriesrambles-carrie.blogspot.com
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com
entry 2

Carries Rambles said...

I have your button, left hand side
http://carriesrambles-carrie.blogspot.com
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com
entry 3

Carries Rambles said...

tweet 5/27
http://twitter.com/yorkiemomma/status/14855281664

Babes Mami said...

I subscribe to your feed
smartinez03 AT live DOT com

Babes Mami said...

I subscribe to your feed
smartinez03 AT live DOT com

Babes Mami said...

I subscribe to your feed
smartinez03 AT live DOT com