As I am writing this, I am preparing to bring my babes for his re-evaluation into the public schools speech program. It was one week ago today that I showed up for the team meeting to get his IEP and behold, the "team" didn't show up. Not only that, the SLP (speech language pathologist) flat out lied about things she said and did at the original evaluation this past March (which was WAY too early for him to be evaluated anyways...he's not going to start in therapy until September because he has a summer birthday). The SLP did meet with us last week, 1/2 hout later than our scheduled appointment time, but she was 100% unprepared and didn't even have my sons file with her in order for her to make it somewhat sound like she knew what she was talking about...although, I doubt that would have helped her anyways.
It's been such a long, drawn out process with these people that I have been dealing with for months and I have had to fight for my son every single step of the way, which of course I will continue to do because he's my baby, but it's getting real old real fast. I was absolutely furious last week when the meeting never happened. I took time off work to be there, so did the kids dad as well as his early intervention home speech teacher, who came on her own time.
I am already on edge about meeting with the same SLP this week for the re-evaluation. And then after today's evaluation, we still have to get that team meeting in, before the 23rd, which is the last day of school for the year. You better believe I am gonna be difficult about it, too. The SLP, Karen, is the ultimate douche and I wanted to give an early FAWK YOU shout out to her today. That is all.
Now link up and thank you to one of my bloggy besties, Jana at Boobies, Babies & A Blog for hosting this therapeutic Fawk fest!

8 comments:
I will go ahead and double that FAWK YOU to the SLP!!
So reading this...pisses me off that these people just don't show up.
Keep in mind...special ed services are protected FEDERALLY. It's not a district thing. These idiots are screwing up! (I have 2 family memebers who are special ed teachers and my SIL and I are both elementary)
Go over their heads if you need to. You have the rights and the law behind you and your boy!!!
Feel free to email me at anytime if you need to.
I hated dealing with the specialized counselors!
But today my youngest graduates High School and if I may I'd like to send a HUGE "FAWK YOU" to the entire NASD! *insert that cool little graphic with the guy flippin' the bird*
I'm going to hope that you get an unexpected surprise and they actually help you out at the meeting.
If not, appeal! Which I'm sure you know. Just trying to say something other than what idiots they sound like!
i sure hope that she is prepared this go around. (for her sake lol)
I need to participate in the "Fawk You Friday" because I swear that comes out of my mouth several times a week only with different middle letters. ha.
I hope you give 'Karen' a difficult time. Seems like she has more than earned it.
Cabin Fever in Vermont
I am glad to of found your blog. I am your newest follower. I am visiting you from friendly friday :)
Please follow me back...
www.livelovelaughwithleslie.com
Nothing is worse that a horrid SLP. My son had two different ones, and luckily I liked both of them, though one worked better with him than the other. I think this is totally FAWK YOU worthy, because she seems like a serious asshat! I can't believe she didn't even bring his file, she should find a new job because she clearly is in the wrong line of work!
Post a Comment