Thursday, June 3, 2010

Oh Bollocks....

Ok, so I am driving down the highway the other day, right? I was in the middle lane, rocking out with my kids to They Might Be Giants, Here Come the ABC's, just minding my own business.
Suddenly a car passes me in the fast lane and I notice the car has a set of balls attached to the back. Mind you, my five year old's booster seat is directly behind mine, and being the observant child he is, I immediately started praying that he was looking in the other direction and wouldn't see them. It was a conversation I wasn't really prepared to have with him and I kept repeating in my head "Please don't look at the balls. Please don't look at the balls. Please don't look at the balls" until the dreaded moment came when he noticed the balls.

But, much to my surprise he said "Mommy, look that car has one of those things you milk cows with" and not another word about it. PHEW...I totally feel like I dodged a bullet on that one.

In case you have no idea what in the hell I am talking about, check out the picture of the man tonsils on this car. It is the closest picture that I could find.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

lol! I HATE those things...I live in fear my kids will notice and ask about them, too! :)

Dual Mom said...

You have to wonder what kind of guy would put something like that on his car...

Danielle said...

I see this all the time. I hate it. I am with Dual Mom... why would a guy do that??

Anne - Mommy Has to Work said...

I hate em too! I think they're banned here in Florida or the county I live. I don't see them as much.

Lindsey said...

I would DIE if my husband ever got a set of those. They are so tacky!

Jenna said...

haha how tacky! Glad you dodged that bullet!

Carries Rambles said...

They really are gross...I see them all the time around here on jeeps.

Cari said...

Eww!!

Unknown said...

Oh gosh I hate those! Your post was too funny though!

Anonymous said...

I just peeped a truck with one of those the other day...bwhaha!

LOVE that your son thought it was cow teets! ;)

kristi said...

I always see them on big azz trucks. They are stupid. Do we go around with tits hanging off our bumpers?

CountessLaurie said...

They are totally ridiculous...
We can't have implied vulgarities on our license plate here is Mass, so I think those should be banned as well...

(How old I sound :-)

Ms. G said...

I hate those things! The first time I saw them I felt like pulling up next to the car and asking if they wanted to explain it to my daughter.

lori said...

I have never seen those before. Ewww. Are they for men who don't have real ones or what?

Babes Mami said...

As a current southern inhabitant I see this ALL THE TIME and it drives me crazy! Here they are usually on a monster truck sized truck.

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Let me just say that it usually takes A LOT to offend me and this totally did! LOL!! And it was not on any big ass truck or jeep, either. It was on a Pontiac Grand Prix...and an old one at that. That crap should totally be banned.

Unknown said...

When I first saw the picture I thought your post was going to be about the crazy cars you see not the dingleballs. I see those things here all the time on big trucks. but the most bizarre is themed cars, there are like 20 of them in this little town. and its hard to explain to your daughter what they mean so we just say hun those people are just not right in the head. bad i know but i have no other way to explain it to her.

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

I hate those so much! I used to see them ALL THE TIME when I lived in Miami, but not so much out here. Thank god.