Saturday, June 26, 2010

PowerMat Wireless Charging Review & Giveaway


When it comes to cell phones, iPods, and all my other electronic devices, it seems they are always on low battery power if not completely dead. That means that every day I have a bunch of cords plugged in at an available outlet at any one given time. And then consider that there are two other people with wireless devices in the house, and you can imagine what a mess of cords it is, not to mention all the electricity it's using up. Then I stumbled upon an amazing company called Powermat and they have the answer! Powermat makes a line of wireless charging mats/stations for almost any device that you need charged....cell phones, iPods, and even your Nintendo DS. And on a few of their mats, you can charge several devices at one time. No only is it convenient and it's a time saver, but it's an electricity saver.

I was so lucky to receive a few different items from Powermat for review. The first was the Powermat Wireless Charging System for iPhone (pictured below).



Package includes:

1. 1XA Wireless Charging Mat for iPhone
The 1XA Mat is designed specifically for the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G. Its low-profile design and diminutive dimensions allow the 1XA Mat to be placed wherever you want convenient charging while the unique surface geometry fits the Powermat Receiver Cases for iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G perfectly assuring proper alignment and fast, efficient charging every time. (Also works with Powermat-enabled iPod touch).

2. Receiver Case for iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G
Powermat's Receiver Case for iPhone protects your iPhone 3GS or iPhone 3G and allows it to charge wirelessly on the 1XA Mat. The case also features a micro USB port and a micro USB cable (included for data syncing).

3. Power Adapter (100-240VAC)
The Powermat power adapter will work with a wide range of voltages (100-240VAC) making it truly international. This adapter also meets Energy Star level 5 efficiency requirements. Built-in cord management keeps your charging area clean and neat.

The Powermat charging station is a pretty straight-forward device. The case is made up of two separate pieces that connect to each other to cover the back of the iPhone. It's a very well made, strong case. The thing you need to know is that case is larger than most cases you can get at the store. It's thicker, longer and a bit heavier (due to the hardware it needs in order to charge the phone). Don't worry though, there is plenty of room to access all the buttons on the face of the phone. I actually already had a Morphie Power Pack for my iPhone, so I would say this case is comperable to that in terms of size and weight. If you have one, or know someone that does, you will know what I'm talking about when I say that. Don't get me wrong, it's not going to weigh you down, but it is a little heavier with the case than you would be used to.

The next item that I got to try out was the Powermat 2X charging mat (pictured below).
What comes with the Powermat 2X Charging mat:

1. 2X Mat
Powermat 2X is the perfect solution for multiple locations in the home and office. Keep up to two devices fully charged at all times with the convenience of this two position charging station.

2. Power Adapter (100-240VAC)
The Powermat power adapter will work with a wide range of voltages (100-240VAC) making it truly international. This adapter also meets Energy Star level 5 efficiency requirements. Built-in cord management keeps your charging area clean and neat.

I don't even know where to start. This mat is AWESOME. In order to charge with this powermat, you need receivers, which are purchased seperately. There are receivers for iPhones, iPods, Blackberries, iTouch and the Nintendo DS. Once you have the receivers you need, you can charge two of them with the Powermat 2X. Laying items on the Powermat is super easy and it magnetically aligns the devices for efficient charging! You can charge one or two items at the same time and it's great for your home or at the office. It also automatically shuts off when your device reaches full charge to save energy. Best part, it elminates those pesky cords! I was sent two receivers to review:

The first receiver that I was sent was Dock for iPod and iPhone (pictured below).
Universal dock for all dock-able Apple® handheld devices, adjustable to fit devices from iPod nano™ to iPhone™. Works with all Powermat Mats. Not compatible with iPod shuffle.

Works with all Powermat mats. (Not compatible with iPod shuffle.)

The second one I was sent was the Receiver Case for the iPod Touch (pictured below).


Powermat's Case Receiver for the iPod touch™ protects your device and allows your 2nd generation iPod touch™ to charge wirelessly. Includes headphone extension and pass-through micro-USB to allow syncing and normal operation without removing case.

It may just be me, but I honestly think that our iPods, iTouches and my iPhone charged faster using the Powermat products than they would have on their own. It's mind blowingly amazing and I highly recommend any of the Powermat products!

Win it: The generous folks at Powermat have offerered one (1) of my lucky readers a Home and Office Mat and up to three receivers for your various devices. Trust me, you want to win this one!

Mandatory Entry: Visit Powermat and tell me what product you would just love to try! Please leave me a valid email address in this comment so that I can contact you if you win. If no email address is left, the entry will be disqualified.

Please leave a seperate comment for each entry!

Extra Entries:

1. Follow my blog through Google friend connect (1 entry)!

2. Follow me on Twitter (1 entry)!

3. Become a Facebook Fan of Mass Hole Mommy (1 entry)!

4. Enter one of my other giveaways (1 entry)!

5. Follow me on Networked Blogs (1 entry)!

6. Enter one of Jana's giveaways on Boobies, Babies & A Blog (1 entry per giveaway entered)!

7. Like Powermat on Facebook (1 entry)!

8. Follow Powermat on Twitter (1 entry)!

9. Blog about this giveaway and leave a link to where I can find it (3 entries)!

10. Subscribe to my feed (3 entries)!

11. Grab my button and leave a link (3 entries)!

12. Tweet this giveaway. Please include @massholemommy in the tweet. Can be tweeted once per day and counts as one entry per tweet.

** Please leave a seperate comment for each entry and remember to leave a valid email address in one of the entry comments. Winner has 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.

This giveaway will end at 9 pm (EST) on 07/17/10 and is open to U.S. residents. The winner will be chosen via random.org and will be notified by email. Thanks again to Jessica at Powermat for offering this fantastic giveaway!

***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

138 comments:

Penny said...

This is neat. I have a droid eris, which I love.

award for you on my blog

Unknown said...

Oh wow what a great giveaway! Okay I went to the site and I must say I love and am impressed with everything, but I really like the home and office powermat.

Unknown said...

Already a follower

Unknown said...

And i can't believe I wasn't following on facebook before but I am now!

Unknown said...

And I have your button on my scroll of buttons...
http://www.barefootbathandbody.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

ahhhhhh I'm starting to feel like a stalker! And I follow you on networked blogs...

Caroline said...

I want that powermat portable!

contact.pinkknotes@gmail.com

Caroline said...

I follow you on Twitter (pinkknotes)

contact.pinkknotes@gmail.com

Caroline said...

I'm entered into your Lean Mom giveaway (& I think another one too!)

contact.pinkknotes@gmail.com

Caroline said...

subscribed via email #1

contact.pinkknotes@gmail.com

Caroline said...

subscribed via email #2

contact.pinkknotes@gmail.com

Caroline said...

subscribed via email #3

contact.pinkknotes@gmail.com

Shooting Stars Mag said...

i would love the portable power mat

lauren51990 at aol dot com

Shooting Stars Mag said...

follow your blog


lauren51990 at aol dot com

Shooting Stars Mag said...

follow you on twitter: @shootingstarmag

lauren51990 at aol dot com

Shooting Stars Mag said...

follow powermat on twitter: @shootingstarmag


lauren51990 at aol dot com

Shooting Stars Mag said...

entered digital key chain giveaway


lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

Carries Rambles said...

I would love to try the Powermat wireless charging system for Iphone
carriesrambles at yahoo.com

Carries Rambles said...

I follow you on twitter
@yorkiemomma
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

I Like ya on Facebook
Carrie I B
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

I entered your alight.com
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

following on networked blogs
Carrie I B
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

entered J's TeeCycle
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

entered J's Avon giveaway
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

Entered J's PinkCherry.com Organics
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

entered J's Magna Pods
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

entered J's Hapari
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

Entered J's Supreme Decals giveaway
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

entered J's My LIp Stuff giveaway
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

Entered J's Fantasy Jewelry Box
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

entered J's Adult Sex toys
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

entered J's Sonic Alarm Clock
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

Entered J's ATG Summer giveaway
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

entered J's Wilton giveaway
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

entered J's OKAb shoes giveaway
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

I like Powermat on Facebook
Carrie I B
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

I follow powermat on twitter
@yorkiemomma
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

I have your button, in the left side scrolling button bar
http://carriesrambles-carrie.blogspot.com
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com
# 1

Carries Rambles said...

I have your button, in the left side scrolling button bar
http://carriesrambles-carrie.blogspot.com
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com
#

Carries Rambles said...

I have your button, in the left side scrolling button bar
http://carriesrambles-carrie.blogspot.com
carriesrambles at yahoo dot com
# 3

Carries Rambles said...

tweet 7/2
http://twitter.com/yorkiemomma/status/17597732726

Anonymous said...

I would like to have the Universal Power cube receiver.

rhoneygtn at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Follow you on Twitter: rhoneygee

rhoneygtn at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Follow powermat on Twitter: rhoneygee

rhoneygtn at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

i'd like to try the portable powermat. sounds like it's really convenient!

julie_reuter92 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

i follow via gfc - osu92

julie_reuter92 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

i follow you on twitter - @nosogirl

julie_reuter92 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

i'm a fb fan - julie.reuter1

julie_reuter92 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

follow via networked blogs

julie_reuter92 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

entered jana's hapari giveaway

julie_reuter92 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

liked powermat on fb - julie.reutere1

julie_reuter92 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

follow powermat on twitter - @nosogirl

julie_reuter92 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

#1 - subscribe to feeds through blogger and email

julie_reuter92 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

#2 - subscribe to feeds via blogger and email

julie_reuter92 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

#3 - subscribe to feeds via blogger and email

julie_reuter92 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

#2 - have your button - nosogirl.blogspot.com

julie_reuter92 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

7/3 tweet

http://twitter.com/nosogirl/status/17663307510

julie_reuter92 at yahoo dot com

Lynda Del said...

The home and office powermat is what I would need.

lyndadawinda1074 at yahoo dot com

Carries Rambles said...

tweet 7/7
http://twitter.com/yorkiemomma/status/17962270003

Carries Rambles said...

entered J's Good Vibes Giveaway

Jennifer said...

I want to try the Dock for iPod and iPhone jk{dot}gorcery{at}gmail{dot}com

Jennifer said...

I follow via google friend connect jk{dot}gorcery{at}gmail{dot}com

Jennifer said...

I follow PowerMat on Twitter (@jkgorcery) jk{dot}gorcery{at}gmail{dot}com

Jennifer said...

entered Jumpstart Get Moving jk{dot}gorcery{at}gmail{dot}com

Jennifer said...

I tweeted: https://twitter.com/jkgorcery/status/17986471996 jk{dot}gorcery{at}gmail{dot}com

Carries Rambles said...

tweet 7/8
http://twitter.com/yorkiemomma/status/18045573085

Carries Rambles said...

tweet 7/10
http://massholemommy.blogspot.com/2010/06/powermat-wireless-charging-review.html

Robert said...

I have an Iphone and I've been looking at this for a while.
rslebron at live dot com

Robert said...

GFC follower
rslebron at live dot com

Robert said...

twitter follower
rslebron at live dot com

Robert said...

facebook fan of yours
rslebron at live dot com

Robert said...

networked blogs follower
rslebron at live dot com

Robert said...

I Follow Powermat on Twitter
rslebron at live dot com

Robert said...

I Like Powermat on Facebook
rslebron at live dot com

Robert said...

button on left sidebar of my blog
http://robertlovesbargains.blogspot.com/
rslebron at live dot com

Robert said...

button on left sidebar of my blog
http://robertlovesbargains.blogspot.com/
rslebron at live dot com

Robert said...

button on left sidebar of my blog
http://robertlovesbargains.blogspot.com/
rslebron at live dot com

Robert said...

tweet http://twitter.com/rslebron/status/18237363779
rslebron at live dot com

Robert said...

subscribed to your feed
rslebron at live dot com

Robert said...

subscribed to your feed
rslebron at live dot com

Robert said...

subscribed to your feed
rslebron at live dot com

Birdson said...

Id love to have the Portable Power Mat birdson@roadrunner.com

Birdson said...

email sub #1 birdson@roadrunner.com

Birdson said...

email sub #2 birdson@roadrunner.com

Birdson said...

email sub #3 birdson@roadrunner.com

Birdson said...

GFC follower birdson@roadrunner.com

Birdson said...

twitter follower birdson777 birdson@roadrunner.com

Birdson said...

FB follower Birdie Skolfield birdson@roadrunner.com

Birdson said...

I follow powermat on FB Birdie Skolfield birdson@roadrunner.com

Birdson said...

I follow PowerMat on Twitter birdson777 birdson@roadrunner.com

Birdson said...

I follow u on networked blogs birdson@roadrunner.com

Robert said...

Entered in the sonic alert alarm clock giveaway on BB and A B
rslebron at live dot com

Bunny B said...

The Portable Power Mat is awesome!
bunnybx at gmail . com

Bunny B said...

1. Button on sidebar: bunnymoney9.blogspot.com

bunnybx at gmail . com

Bunny B said...

2. Button on sidebar: bunnymoney9.blogspot.com

bunnybx at gmail . com

Bunny B said...

3. Button on sidebar: bunnymoney9.blogspot.com

bunnybx at gmail . com

Bunny B said...

Like Powermat on Facebook (bunnyb baxter)

bunnybx at gmail . com

Robert said...

http://twitter.com/rslebron/status/18322638885
rslebron at live dot com

Bunny B said...

Like you on Facebook (bunnyb baxter)

bunnybx at gmail . com

Bunny B said...

Follow you on twitter @bunnyb
bunnybx at gmail . com

Bunny B said...

Follow Powermat on Twitter @bunnyb
bunnybx at gmail . com

Bunny B said...

Follow you on Networked Blogs (bunnyb baxter)
bunnybx at gmail . com

Bunny B said...

Entered one of Jana's giveaways on Boobies, Babies & A Blog (veronica m giveaway)
bunnybx at gmail . com

Bunny B said...

1. Blogged: http://bunnymoney9.blogspot.com/2010/07/mass-hole-mommy.html
bunnybx at gmail . com

Bunny B said...

2. Blogged: http://bunnymoney9.blogspot.com/2010/07/mass-hole-mommy.html
bunnybx at gmail . com

Bunny B said...

3. Blogged: http://bunnymoney9.blogspot.com/2010/07/mass-hole-mommy.html
bunnybx at gmail . com

Unknown said...

daily tweet

http://twitter.com/nosogirl/status/18326897552

julie_reuter92 at yahoo dot com

Robert said...

http://twitter.com/rslebron/status/18348160593
rslebron at live dot com

Unknown said...

daily tweet

http://twitter.com/nosogirl/status/18434469108

julie_reuter92 at yahoo dot com

Robert said...

http://twitter.com/rslebron/status/18429470795
rslebron at live dot com

Robert said...

http://twitter.com/rslebron/status/18530853714
rslebron at live dot com

Robert said...

http://twitter.com/rslebron/status/18596182022
rslebron at live dot com

Unknown said...

tweet

http://twitter.com/nosogirl/status/18640818846

julie_reuter92 at yahoo dot com

Robert said...

http://api.twitter.com/rslebron/status/18678983213
rslebron at live dot com

Tara said...

I would love to try the Powermat Portable mat!

TaraTagli at gmail dot com

Tara said...

I follow you publicly on Google Friend Connect!

TaraTagli at gmail dot com

Tara said...

I follow you on Twitter!

@TaraLin

TaraTagli at gmail dot com

Tara said...

I like you on FB!

TaraTagli at gmail dot com

Tara said...

I like Powermat on FB!

TaraTagli at gmail dot com

Tara said...

I follow powermat on Twitter!

@TaraLin

TaraTagli at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

daily tweet

http://twitter.com/nosogirl/status/18764020221

julie_reuter92 at yahoo dot com

Jes said...

I'd like the Powermat Portable Mat!

jswaks at gmail dot com

Jes said...

Entered the Clipa Purse Hanger giveaway

jswaks at gmail dot com

Jes said...

Entered the Brugo giveaway at Jana's giveaways on Boobies, Babies & A Blog

jswaks at gmail dot com

Jes said...

Entered the Maggie's Soap Nuts giveaway at Jana's giveaways on Boobies, Babies & A Blog.

jswaks at gmail dot com

Jes said...

'Like' Powermat on Facebook

jswaks at gmail dot com

Jes said...

Follow Powermat on Twitter

jswaks at gmail dot com

Jes said...

Subscribe to your feed by email

 #1

jswaks at gmail dot com

Jes said...

Subscribe to your feed by email

 #2

jswaks at gmail dot com

Jes said...

Subscribe to your feed by email

 #3

jswaks at gmail dot com

mandala said...

Would like to try the Powermat Portable Mat

mandalarctic at gmail dot com

mandala said...

Blog follower

mandalarctic at gmail dot com

mandala said...

Following you on Twitter (@mandalarctic)

mandalarctic at gmail dot com

mandala said...

Following Powermat on Twitter (@mandalarctic)

mandalarctic at gmail dot com

mandala said...

Entered the 525 America giveaway at Jana's blog

mandalarctic at gmail dot com

mandala said...

E-mail subscriber (1)

mandalarctic at gmail dot com

mandala said...

E-mail subscriber (2)

mandalarctic at gmail dot com

mandala said...

E-mail subscriber (3)

mandalarctic at gmail dot com