You've Been Sentenced is a game where you use five-sided cards to make silly sentences. It helps build grammar skills and important lessons for young ones like taking turns. There are add on cards for this game that add so many more sentence possibilities. It was honestly a blast and You've Been Sentenced a game that can be played over and over and there is always going to be something new.
Then we played Twisted Fish, which really is a version of Go Fish, but has super cool art work on the cards. It's a classic and something we will have lots of fun with! The best thing about this game is that it's small, so you can take it on the go and play anywhere. It's great for adults alone or to play with the kids.
The final thing I received was the Wheel of Chore-ture, which is a magnet in which you can spin to get assigned to a chore for the day. There are things like feed the pets and set the table included on there. It's actually a pretty fair way to assign chores and I see it getting a lot of use around here!!
I really, really enjoyed getting to try these games and I am so excited to be able to host this giveaway. I honestly believe spending time together like this as a family helps to build healthy relationships and will make memories to last a lifetime.
Now that you know what I think, here are some important details about the games from the McNeill Designs website:

"The latest in the evolution of games, “You've been Sentenced!” is the first game in history to really turn making sentences into a very funny, playable, and challenging game. Using a unique word deck of pentagon shaped cards containing conjugations of funny words, famous names from throughout history, familiar places, and wild cards, players have to make grammatically correct and justifiable sentences. The real fun begins when players have to read their sentences out loud and explain what they mean to the rest of players. They form the jury and vote thumbs up or down on whether the sentence and justification stand and the points are scored. 540 cards with over 2,500 words insure billions of possible sentences so the game is never repetitive and has unlimited re-play value."
For ages 8 and up, 30-40 min to play, 3-10 players
To add on to the fun, there McNeill Designs sells add on decks for You've Been Sentenced. There are several decks to choose from:- Reader’s Digest National Word Power Challenge™ Deck – This officially licensed deck is taken from the Word Power page of Reader’s Digest and the magazine’s national student vocabulary tournament the Reader’s Digest Word Power Challenge.
- Sports Highlights Deck – Ready, set, hike! This deck contains the lingo of the field, court, and diamond, legendary sports heroes, technical terms, and favorite teams.
- Sci-fi and Fantasy – Warn your student to set their phasers for stun and prepare for a warp speed ride through the most memorable of the ever popular sci-fi/fantasy genre!
- Pop Culture Deck – Do you know Lindsay from Jen? What’s an IM? And how do you crump? If you don’t know, you may just learn something from your students!
- Gourmet Cuisine Deck – A budding Rachael Ray or Emeril Lasgasse will appreciate this deck, which is filled to overflowing with famous chefs, exotic spices, and all of the kitchen gizmos necessary to cook up some fun!
The You've Been Sentenced game and add-on decks can be found on the McNeil Designs website or you can click here for more locations.
"The old game of go fish just got a very challenging twist. It isn’t child’s play any more! Twisted Fish takes a traditional standby and casts it into the 21st century.
13 unique Fish characters in five different colors, plus 8 unique “Zingers” that allow you to break the rules, makes “Twisted Fish” a unique game experience. The real challenge takes place when asking for the fish cards you are collecting—Now you have to be specific about the type of fish and color you are seeking. “Twisted Fish” challenges you to remember every question asked at the table. It is challenging and fun right down to the very last card!"
For Ages 8 and up, 30-40 min, 3-6 players

Need some help around the house? Need to issue a sentence of your child's choosing? Have them take a spin on the "Wheel of Chore-ture".
Buy It: Visit McNeill Designs to purchase these fun games!
For Ages 8 and up, 30-40 min, 3-6 players

Need some help around the house? Need to issue a sentence of your child's choosing? Have them take a spin on the "Wheel of Chore-ture".
Buy It: Visit McNeill Designs to purchase these fun games!
Win It: McNeill Designs has generously offered one of my lucky readers a family game night assortment – You’ve Been Sentenced, Add-on Decks, Twisted Fish, Wheel of Chore-ture ($78 value)!
Mandatory Entry: Visit McNeill Designs website and tell me something fun you learned about their games! Please leave a seperate comment for each entry and remember to leave a valid email address so that I can contact you if you win!
Extra Entries:
1. Follow me on Google friend connect (1 entry)!
2. Follow me on Twitter (1 entry)!
3. Become a fan of Mass Hole Mommy on Facebook (1 entry)!
4. Enter one of my other giveaways (1 entry)!
5. Follow me on Networked Blogs (1 entry)!
6. Follow McNeill Designs on Twitter (1 entry)!
7. Suscribe to the McNeill Designs blog (1 entry)!
8. Add my button to your blogroll and leave me a link (3 entries)!
9. Blog about this giveaway and leave me a link (5 entries)!
***** Please leave a seperate comment for each entry and remember to leave a valid email address in one of the entry comments. Winner has 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
This giveaway will end at midnight (EST) on 02/20/10 and is open to U.S. residents. The winner will be chosen via Random.org and will be notified by email. Thanks again to Donald and Susan McNeill for offering this fantastic giveaway!
****Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way.****

33 comments:
Cool! I need some good old fashioned games. I don't think my boys would even know what they were they are so buried in their PSPs. :) -P
Wheel of Chore-ture...what a great name for a game.
I went to the site and I thought it was neat that they try to create games that support learniing and fun. I would love to own that twisted fish game it sounds like a lot of fun.
Im a follower of your blog
I follow you on twitter.
I was amazed at how new this company was yet they have won awards already for their fun thinking games!
veniceangel@hotmail.com
I follow you on twitter under ChildrensNook
I follow McNeillDesigns on twitter under ChildrensNook.
veniceangel@hotmail.com
I entered the safety tats giveaway
veniceangel@hotmail.com
I like that their Wheel of Chore-ture game has a magnet so it can go on the fridge.
amanda.corley@ymail.com
I am Facebook fan.
amanda.corley@ymail.com
I follow on twitter as
frugalmomto4.
amanda.corley@ymail.com
I follow McNeill Degigns on twitter.
amanda.corley@ymail.com
I entered the London Bridge Personalized Children's Print giveaway.
amanda.corley@ymail.com
I follow on Networked Blogs.
amanda.corley@ymail.com
I follow :)
lisa.messier @ gmail.com
as an hs english teacher i love that the sentences must be grammatically correct!
i would love to bring this to my classroom as a learning experience and reward!
tessicacutchin at gmail dot com
i follow your blog
tessicacutchin at gmail dot com
fan on facebook!
tessicacutchin at gmail dot com
i entered the cowgirl chocolate giveaway
tessicacutchin at gmail dot com
i entered the scurbz giveaway
tessicacutchin at gmail dot com
i entered the skinmd giveaway
tessicacutchin at gmail dot com
i entered the softlips giveaway
tessicacutchin at gmail dot com
I like that they have made learning fun. We play a lot of family games. I think a lot of families don't spend enough time together.
following on google connect
following on twitter @avrilsgranny
facebook fan
entered scrubz
entered skin md
following McNeillDesigns on twitter @avrilsgranny
following on networked blogs
There's a TV version of You've Been Sentenced. Fun! Thanks for the giveaway.
s.mickelson at gmail dot com
I entered the Alex and Ani giveaway.
s.mickelson at gmail dot com
Post a Comment