Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Save the Drama For Your Mama!

I know some of you, who have been keeping up with my tweets, know I have had A LOT of family drama over this past weekend. The majority of it, I can't put out on here, but what I can tell you that on top of a hugely large amount of drama, late yesterday my mom was admitted to the hospital.

She has an infection on the skin of her leg called Cellulitis. Her whole calf is red and inflamed. She is on some high dose antibiotics and she will be fine. She has been hospitalized for similar infections before, and actually does get them fairly frequently, although she doesn't always get them bad enough to be hospitalized for it. The major bummer here is that she won't be home for Thanksgiving this year. She's looking at 5-7 days in the hospital, so she won't be out until the weekend most likely.


Anyways, she is going to be fine, and the rest of us are dealing with the rest of the family problems as best we can. It's been a strange couple of days and there has definiltey been a lot of wine comsumed in my house!

10 comments:

Dee at Pedestrian Palate said...

Sorry to hear about your mom. Have a happy thanksgiving.

Ande Carr said...

I'm glad your mom is going to be fine, but I'm sorry she is going to be in the hospital for Thanksgiving. Hang in there and have a great holiday. Your blog brought a smile to my face because even in the midst of chaos you have a sense of humor

Carri said...

I ams orry you are having drama it truly does stink. I also hope your Mom get's to feeling better soon. Will the hospital at least serve turkey on Thanksgiving?

Blogs said...

Family Drama is the worst....hope all gets better soon. Happy Thanksgiving:)

Tina said...

ugh, i hear ya.... there is never a shortage of "drama" over here!!

sounds like our Foxwoods trip should be sooner rather then later!!
xoxo

Mae Rae said...

Hold on a minute, Did I hear Foxwoods? Road trip! you can always have dinner at my mom's in central mass. I have plenty of drama do go around there!

Susan Fobes said...

Sorry to hear about all this. I hope you all are able to cope over the holiday.

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Thanks everyone!

Maerae.....yes, Tina and I are planning a "tweet-up" at Foxwoods probably in January! I'll put out a post when it gets closer so that anyone else who wants to join in, can!

jenny said...

hopw e she will get better soon..

endomental said...

Yeesh. I hope Mom's better soon and things settle down so you can have an enjoyable holiday. Maybe you can sneak some turkey to your mom in the hospital...