Friday, December 4, 2009

December 4th is National Cookie Day!

I bet you didn't know when you woke up today that it was national cookie day! Well, to celebrate, go have a cookie. Guilt free!

Here is my favorite cookie recipe of all time. The Toll House cookie recipe. It's a classic!

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
Nuts (optional)

Directions:

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
ENJOY!!!!

11 comments:

Dee at Pedestrian Palate said...

oooh! License to eat cookies. Now that's a holiday I can support. Do I get a day off?

Mass Hole Mommy said...

YES!!! I think we should all get a day off in honor of cookies!!

Anonymous said...

I love the classic Toll House recipe and use it often as a douhg base. I have a great, easy peanut butter cookie recipe:

1 cup peanut butter (creamy)
1 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chopped nut or choc. chips, hell do both if you want~!


Combine sugar, egg and vanilla. Stir in PB and baking soda. Add your nuts last.
Bake 350 for abotu 15- 20 min until golden brown and they look kind of puffed out. Cool about 45 minutes,
Enjoy

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Thanks! I LOVE peanut butter cookies!!!

Working Mommy said...

WHAT?!?! How could it be that my cookie-lover self does not know about this FABULOUS holiday?!?! I must go and bake 40 dozen cookies - immediately!!! LOL!

~WM

Vivianne's Vista said...

Cookie Day? Hell yeah! Chocolate cookies are my therapy, and this is the perfect excuse to indulge.

My behind and I thank you for bringing that to our attention. I'm off to the treadmill to minimize the guilt I will feel by the end of the day.

Lindsey said...

I can not ever say no to a cookie. Specially when someone tells me its guilt free!
Thanks :)
Happy friday and cookie day!!

Unknown said...

Whoah! I almost missed it! thanks for reminding me!! I need to go to the cupboard and grab one.

Hmmmmm.... is a fig Newton considered a cookie?

Mass Hole Mommy said...

I count fig newtons as cookies. All I ended up with was an Oreo, but at least it was a double stuffed.

Tina said...

awwwww...dammit i missed Cookie Day??? how the hell did i miss this one!? I love toll house cookies too bad i hate to bake. give me the break and bake kind any day!!

Suburban Correspondent said...

My husband worked at the original Toll House as a teen.