
Well, that picture pretty much says it all, doesn't it? I know there are a lotta Starbucks lovin' people out there, but I would pass 500 Starbucks to get my Dunkins fix. Hell, my sister.....my own flesh and blood, is a Starbucks junkie.
I remember my first (and last) cup of Starbucks. Because apparently there is no such thing as a "regular" cup of coffee at Starbucks, I got the closest thing I could find (I don't remember what it was called because it was 7 or 8 years ago). I was with my ex and we were at a Barnes & Noble somewhere along the Rockville Pike in MD (I have cousins in Bethesda). We got our coffees and proceeded to walk around the store. I knew as soon as I took that first sip that the hairs on the back of my neck were standing straight up, and I would never, ever, in a million years be able to finish that WHOLE cup. And we each got a small. It was literally the strongest cup of coffee I have ever had! I gagged down a few more sips and finally got up the courage to tell my ex that I couldn't take it anymore. You see, I was afraid to tell him it tasted like pure ASS because it was my idea to try it in the first place, plus that small cup of ASS was like $5. Thank god, I told him because he said he was thinking the same thing, but thought I liked it for some odd reason, so he didn't want to say anything to me. Apparently he didn't see the gag reflex kick in whenever I took a sip. Anyway, we had about 4 sips each and swore we'd never have another Starbucks EVER.
DD's is just plain and simple coffee....none of the frappuccinno mocha latte fancy schmancy crap that you get at Starbucks. Yes, there are flavored coffees, but you can walk in and order a "regular" coffee and they will know what you mean. The moral of this story is, that the next time you stop by my house, I'll take a large coconut iced coffee extra extra please. Yup, we drink iced coffee up here in New England all year round!

14 comments:
I clearly like a big steaming cup of ass with my bagel in the morning.As a confirmed, devout and downright evangelical Starbucks drinker, I can only say that you are well within your rights to piss on what is nothing short of Mother's Milk to me. I don't understand it, but I respect it. I am confounded by it, but I respect it. I'll probably have to have an extra cocktail tonight as I try to wrap my head around it, but I respect it.
I also prefer DD but we have a Keurig so I love Caribou Coffee a lot!
Sorry I love Starbucks..
Happy New Year..
I think all coffee tastes like poo :)
Can't wait to read what 2010 has in store for you!!
~WM
Well, not that I really know what "poo" tastes like, but I'm with Working Mommy! I hate coffee. Although, I do like those strawberry Frappucinno's at Starbucks. Gotta get SOMETHING the million times my coffee obsessed husband hits Starbucks! Cute post. Happy New Year!
i wouldn't touch a starbucks with a 10 foot pole either...
i just love how you think of these random things and make an awesome post out of it.
i soooo want to be you! LOL
xoxo
*GASP*
I don't know about this.... this is really bad news.... wow....
You guys are funny!
Tina: We think WAAAAY too much alike!
Lisa Marie: I got a k-cup for Christmas and it may just be the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel. Seriously. I like the Gloria Jean's so far. The Caribou is a little strong for me!
Agree with you on the Starbucks coffee-gotta have my DD, but only some of you New Englanders dring ice coffee all year round-when it's cold like last week-I want my hot, burn your tongue cup of coffee :)
Alas, I must also disagree. This "ass," as you call it, runs through my veins instead of blood.
I like DD as well, but I prefer the corporate nightmare which is Starbucks.
I hate to say it, but I love their coffee...as long as it is mixed, quite literally, 50-50 with half and half. I find it delightful if I cut the stuff half-strength with cream, but then I don't see the value (in either the flavor or the 650 calories I have to add to make it drinkable) so yeah, I rarely drink the stuff. When I was in school, that was what our cafeteria "proudly" served. They made it extra strong about half the time and same thing, I had to add gobs of creamer to it. Yuck!
We did get a bag of their "kenya" coffee and we have enjoyed that at home, but of course we can control the strength of the brew here at the house. I like mine a lot cloesr to "muddy water" and less toward "motor oil," the way they make it. LOL!
Oh...I'm so with Mad Bathroom chic.
I don't get it..but I respect it :)
Me and Star...(shhhh, I won't say it) are like this (fingers crunching together with no space)
Happy New Year :)
I have to so agree although i love the frappuccinos in the store the coffee at the places are just nasty. Me and my husband went there one time and i love my lattes and they dont even call it there which is so stupid and theres is just plain nasty it gave me such a awful caffeine headache and tasted like muddy water. I have been a DD fan as far back as i remember love there french vanilla and mocha lattes.
Oh man, music to my ears...I will only drink "froo-froo" non coffee drinks, like green-tea frapps there...
My hubby and I are total coffee snobs...and we drink good stuff man, it's local, it's fresh-roasted and it kicks any franchised commercially perverted chain's backside!!!
Saw your blog title around in the comment world and had to check you out! Glad I did...on my blog roll you go...no need to thank me, really...
Post a Comment