1. If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar!2. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents, daily.
3. Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
5. The dot over the letter i is called a "tittle" (not title, but tittle).
6. Susan Lucci is the daughter of Phyllis Diller.
7. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos.
8. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with: orange, purple, and silver!
9. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law, which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
10. Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with. It's the same with apples!
11. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying!
12. A tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion will make it instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
13. Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors. Also, it took him 10 years to paint Mona Lisa's lips.
14. Ketchup was sold in the 1830's as medicine.
15. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand.

23 comments:
Hmmm - sadly I knew some of those. But now I know how to kill a scorpion and survive quick sand. LOL!
#2 is scary!
Re #4 - It also looks like your drink took a dump. Hate raisins!
These are a riot...thanks for this...I love the celery one...Im off to the supermarket for a shitload of celery....Oh shit and the quicksand one...what would I do without this info...LOL..!!
I'm going to try the gum trick next time I cut onions. I hate cutting onions because I always ended up in tears.
I had no idea about the celery!!!
And #2...it perfectly explains why I look at my kids mutliple times a day and think "How is it you're my child?"
# 6 and # 9, who knew??!!! Funny stuff.
really about the infants? When I had my little girl she never left the room and when she did I went with her.
I love useless information.
I don't know about useless. Seriously, this information will be very helpful the next time I am peeling onions in the quicksand. And the raisin is a definate party trick for Thursday night.
Susan Lucci is Phyllis Diller's daughter!? That is madness!!!
I love fun factoids:) thanks for the post
#2 scares the heck out of me and I really really wanna try #4 now!
LOL! I love these!!! Thanks for sharing!
~WM
I want to try the champagne and raisin thing, too, but I don't like either one, so I am gonna have to wait till the next time I go to a wedding or something and bring a box of raisins with me.
thanks..ya know the only one of these that i actually knew was that there are no clocks in vegas casinos..
lol
ya learn something new everyday...
xoxoxo
Hi! Found ya through Essie. Bring raisins to a wedding...yup I can see me pulling them out of the bottom of my purse to do that! And the Susan Lucci factoid just floors me! Wow. Happy to find you...
..Hey I've got an award for you...!!
OMG...The "rule of thumb" thing was both sad, and funny!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! It's great to have you, and awesome to make new friends!
I'm your newest follower! {hug}
The raisin thing is well worth buying a tiny bottle of champagne for. I must see this.
The Susan Lucci thing is absolutely amazing...one CAN see why she doesn't advertise this.
Whatever ketchup cures is something my Zhen will never have to worry about.
I was thinking I didn't want my children to read the thing about the wrong parents, because I remember growing up and thinking I HAD to be in the wrong family (figure that is a "stage")...then I remembered they are adopted, so I guess I should thrust it in their face so they can feel superior that at least they KNOW!
I love the tittle! :p
LOL!
#2 Oh God, that explains it!
oh, the baby one is just too scary!
Seriously?? 12 newborns a day?? Holy @%##$%&!!!
Post a Comment