Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm So Done With V & Here's Why


Last fall I was so excited when ABC was hyping the show V. The commercials made it look really good and then my mother kept telling me that the mini series that was out years ago that this new show is based on was riveting.

I watched the four or five eposides last fall and really enjoyed it, but then ABC did something dumb. They took the show off for five months and now I have zero interest in watching it. Yes, I know they did a re-cap show and whatnot, but it's not like I don't remember what happened. I do. It's just been so long that I could care less.

I know that long break worked with Lost, but they didn't start doing those long breaks with Lost until a few seasons into it, once they had a captive audience.

The point here is, they lost me. ABC shouldn't have left me hanging so long. Oh ya, that chick Anna totally creeps me out. Come on...she's totally creepy, right?


17 comments:

Kisma said...

haha! Ya know what, we too were avid watchers and then they put the breaks on. Luckily we have others shows that keeps us entertained. The problem we have is we watched the original series that was on years ago and know the storyline, so to us, its kinda of, "lets see if they keep it straight with the original or ruin it.

I do agree, I hate when the stations put shows on long breaks. Its silly.

And the girl that plays Anna, has been in a few shows now where she plays the villain and is really good at it.

Ian said...

She's fucktastically fugly

Caution/Lisa said...

I've never even heard of V. The Closer is the same way: new episodes during December and then off the air until June.

Melissa said...

You know something funny? I did the exact same thing... I watched the re-cap and tried to get into it, but I couldn't. The interest was just gone.

- Melissa

Miss Angie said...

Yeah, that's really dumb that they left it for so long. How can they expect anyone to get interested again?

Dual Mom said...

Lost tomorrow night......sqqquuueeeeee

Of course, it's not on early in Canada tomorrow evening so I can't torture you with emails. Sigh

B-Dub said...

When I woke up this morning my 9 year old was scheduling V into the dvr. Something about a marathon today... Turns out, I deleted them cause I am a horrid Mommy who is sick of her punk being scared of the dark. He is prolly gonna cry when he gets home today. Ug.

Momma Fargo said...

I'm with ya, sister!

Lothiriel said...

Luckily, I didn't see it when it first aired. I just saw it about two weeks ago, on Hulu all episodes, so now I"m looking forward to it!!

:)

Liz Mays said...

Why do they do that all the time? It's the same when they switch nights. It throws it all off and I lose interest!

Stephanie said...

Oh they lost me too! Why do they do this to us? I adore that Scott Wolf, but he is not enough:)

Meg said...

Oh I know! We had a couple 2 hour episodes shown here and then it disappeared. Now they're saying it's coming back and I just can't be bothered.

Plus, like you said, that chick is creepy!

Cheryl McCullough said...

I thought they had canceled it... lol

Anonymous said...

I totally agree! ABC thinks it's so good that we'll all come back regardless. I'm a believer and I'm not making plans on watching it tomorrow night..unless I'm home, which I guess I will be so... Anyway I think that that Anna is an alien..how can the get anyone to act so stilted like she does. I've watched enough youtube videos of these ex-military intelligence whistle blowers admit that our government has been in contact with alien races for years and like I said - it's only because I'm home that I'll be watching this. I'll comment on it later.

Nacia said...

That chick Anna is TOTALLY creepy, but I love Morris Chesnut so if I get to see more of him I'm down. They shouldn't have waited so long without establishing an audience first, but maybe they'll make up for it with new viewers. Bring on the V!

California Keys said...

I never started watching V.... I figured that getting caught up with another hour long show like LOST.... LOST drains all of my brain power already....

Doesn't it seem like LOST started way back in the 1980's.... lol. The breaks in between seasons is sooooo long. I want more answers from LOST by the way.... Soooooooooo many questions!

Erin Janda Rawlings said...

I HATE when TV networks wait forever to put new episodes!!