On Wednesdays, I leave the 2 year old at my parents house because I volunteer at the kindergarten in the afternoon. After the 5 year old gets off the bus (at 3:37 pm) we head up to my parents to get the baby and on a normal Wednesday, I would then drop the boys off with their dad for an overnight. Not last night, though. Their dad is out of town this week, so I decided to invite myself and the boys to stay for dinner at my parent's house.
My brother STILL lives with my parents and probably will for years to come (another story for another day). He got laid off, if you want to call it that, about a year a half ago, so he is ALWAYS around. Anyways, last night he was laying around on the sofa like a big sow for basically the entire time we were there, and he was saying how he felt like he's getting sick and whatnot. He's a big lazy slacker, so I don't know if he was just saying that to me to make himself look "better" for just laying around (instead of out looking for a job AGAIN).
I digress. The baby was blowing a party horn that was left over from New Year's Eve (still at my parent's house btw) and he dropped it on the floor. My brother was walking by, picked up the horn, blew it and then gave it back to the baby, who also blew it. WTF? He tells me he thinks he's getting sick and then blows into the same thing the baby using. Obviously I said something to my brother about it being completely STUPID, and being the dummy that he typically is, he acted like it was no big deal and said I was wrong to even confront him about it. Uh, hello? And my mother defends him to the death, so I just packed up the kids and left.
I'm quite sure the baby will be sick this time next week and it will run though the house just in time for Easter, which I'm hosting. GRRRR!
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

24 comments:
*fingers crosses* the baby doesn't get sick!!!!
Well I hope the baby does not get sick. Some people just don't think, of course if they had to deal with a sick child they would understand.
Brothers! That was really wrong of him and I would have karate chopped his Adams apple for that.
Nice guy
Brilliant! some people just don't understand the trouble and anguish we go through when our little ones get sick or they just don't care.
Beauty fades, stupid is forever.
How rude!
I've linked you up on my blog for a game...come play with us :)
Aarrgg! I hate shit like that! I have the lazy bro-in-law, so I know EXACTLY what your talking about. Its awful!
And I say if your baby gets sick then he gets to come over and babysit the sickness. Serves him right. Jerk.
Oh no. I hope the baby doesn't get sick.
sometimes people just don't think. i hope you guys don't get sick but that your brother does! LOL
WIth your mom defending him, I can see how he has become the slacker he is today!
That was totally, totally in considerate, especially of the baby! I don't have any brothers. I am the youngest of 3 girls. However, we did not have a problem with giving each other a good sock in the arm or kick in the butt!!...which is what he needed a looooong time ago.
I don't mean to put him down as your brother. But somethings are just not acceptable! THen to be called on it and get mad at YOU. No, not acceptable. He is not even thinking about the baby!
I hope your baby dosn't get sick, but if he does make sure you save somthing with the germs on it to give it right back to your brother!!!
Those meddling little brothers...if it were my brother, I would think he was getting even with something I did to him years ago. I'm with the others...crossing my fingers that your baby doesn't get sick.
It may not have bothered me so much if it wasn't an ongoing thing. My brother is a smoker (disgusting) and has given the kids sips of his drink and things like that before, and I've had at least 3 or 4 talks with him asking him to PLEASE not share anything that was in his mouth with my kids. He always gets offended, but I'm sorry, I don't want his germs in my kids mouths. It's just gross.
*roll eyes* Siblings. Hope the baby doesn't get sick and that you ALL stay well!!!
UGH, Ian....just what I need, MORE work today! LOL! I'll try to get to this tonite, if not tomorrow.
I have an award for you over on my blog :)honesty and all that!
Your brother didn't need defending. He's a big boy and what he did was wrong. I hope the baby stays healthy.
Inconsiderate!!!!
hopefully your baby won't get sick!!!!
Oh that sucks. On several different levels!
Gross! Some people just don't think...
It's funny, my brother, his wife and his almost 3-year-old live with my mom :) They get mad at us when we visit and want to watch TV shows other than Max & Ruby or Wonder Pets. We feel bad, but they have their own TV.
Anyway, I think you were right in speaking up! Good for you.
Sounds like brother needs a good boot to the head to get him off his butt.
Do we share the same brother?
My brother has always been mom's boy and has always been able to get away with murder....
When my son was a newborn my parents had a brunch and they served a sushi platter. My brother, being the wasabi fiend that he is, loaded his dipping bowl with a little soy sauce and a lot of wasabi.... And of course, there were no utensils out, so my brother was dipping the sushi in with his fingers.... After he finished his sushi, he asked to hold the baby and was offended when we asked him to wash his hands....
Fast forward four years, and we're all back at my parents house, all playing in the living room.... My son, who loves dinosaurs (think Land Before Time) is playing with toy cars in front of the tv.... My brother flops down on the couch and turns on Jurassic Park.... After nicely asking him to change the channel, and my brother getting upset and saying 'But I love this movie!' and 'This isn't even a scary part!' (and most of the family coming to his defense), I just had to yell at him to change the channel. I wasn't asking him to turn on Yo Gabba Gabba, just to change the channel from the movie about bloodthirsty dinosaurs....
There are many more instances of this ridiculous behavior, but these were the first two that came to mind.... Give your brother a swift kick in the rear for me too!
Post a Comment