I was so blessed to receive a package of eight different K'nex sets to review. Some were more age appropriate for my five year old and some more for my two year old (in fairness, they are closer to 3 and 6 than 2 and 5). I received the package a little over two weeks ago, but I wanted to be able to give a fair and accurate review, so I didn't overwhelm my boys with everything all at once. I introduced these fantastic sets one at a time every other day. We all know how kids are and it would have been pure chaos if I tried all the sets at one time. I shudder at the thought of it. I am going to list out the items I received individually in the order we played with them.
K'nex Swim Time Ernie Building Set:
This building set comes with 14 pieces and is along the same lines as the Elmo set, except it's Ernie. Myself and the two boys had a blast with this one and my five year old actually ended up drawing a beach scene for Ernie to "play at the beach". It was pretty cute. Again, it was great for my two year old as well as my older son.
K'nex Fire Rescue 10 Model Set:
K'nex Construction Crew Series:
There are actually four sets in this series and we received all four. We did play with them one at a time and at the end played with the four sets together.
1. K'nex Collect & Build Excavator. This set comes with 120 pieces and is for ages 5 and up. My son loved it because it has a working arm. We built it right on the brown "dirt" plate it came with and there are little fence pieces that come with it to make it look more realistic. It took us a good half hour to get it constructed, but once it was done, it was super cool.
3. K'nex Collect & Build Steam Roller. This set has 121 pieces and is for ages 5 and up. The drum on the front rotates, which, again, was my sons favorite part. He loves sets that have moving parts. He was so excited by the time we were done with this set that he could barely wait to get the last piece a few days later.
4. K'nex Collect & Build Backhoe. This set contains 127 pieces and is for ages 5 and up. This set was the final piece to our "puzzle" My son quickly rounded up the other three sets and we had a blast playing construction site. All the sets each come with a construction worker, so there are plenty of "guys" to keep the construction site running!
I spent some quality time with my kids building these K'nex sets with them. It was fun and really helped them feel good about themselves once the sets were complete.
Please visit K'nex online to purchase your own set, or shop at one of these local retailers: Kohl's, Sears, Walmart, Kmart and many more. You will be glad you did!
Please leave a seperate comment for each entry!
Extra Entries:
2. Follow me on Twitter (1 entry)!
3. Become a Facebook Fan of Mass Hole Mommy (1 entry)!
4. Enter one of my other giveaways (1 entry)!
5. Follow me on Networked Blogs (1 entry)!
6. Follow K'nex on Twitter (1 entry)!
10. Grab my button and leave a link (3 entries)!
11. Tweet this giveaway. Please include @massholemommy in the tweet. Can be tweeted once per day and counts as one entry per tweet.
** Please leave a seperate comment for each entry and remember to leave a valid email address in one of the entry comments. Winner has 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
This giveaway will end at midnight (EST) on 04/24/10 and is open to U.S. residents. The winner will be chosen via random.org and will be notified by email. Thanks again to Aimee at K'nex for offering this fantastic giveaway!
***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

130 comments:
The dinosaur building set looks great!
familyformula@gmail.com
I am a follower but just started doing the "giveaway" thing.
I tweeted at:
http://twitter.com/SusanFobes
Win Kinex building sets @ http://massholemommy.blogspot.com/2010/04/knex-review-and-amazing-giveaway.html
Love the ferris wheel from the amusement park series!
alliehallmarr@yahoo.com
I'm following you!
I am a fan of MHM on FB!
I entered your Eleven giveaway!
Your button/link is on my page now
Your button/link is on my page now
Your button/link is on my page now
I am a fan of K'Nex on FB
fun stuff! My guy would love the building zone set
hlnehre (at) yahoo (dot) com
Entered the Eleven shoes giveaway, too
hlnehre(at)yahoo(dot)com
The Twins would just love the Railroad Pals building set.
aguero.crissy at gmail.com
Follow your blog through Google Friend Connect as Alacransita84
aguero.crissy at gmail.com
I entered your Sparkle Plenty Giveaway
aguero.crissy at gmail.com
Follow on Networked Blogs
aguero.crissy at gmail.com
Follow @KnexInnovation on Twitter as @Alacransita84
aguero.crissy at gmail.com
Fan of K'nex on Facebook as Cristina Wyatt
aguero.crissy at gmail.com
I subscribe to your feed
aguero.crissy at gmail.com
Tweeted....... http://twitter.com/Alacransita84/status/12359311257
aguero.crissy at gmail.com
I'd love to have the Dinosaur 20 Model Building Set
gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com
Google Friend Connect follower
gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com
I follow you on twitter @pixie13sweeps
gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com
I follow K'Nex on twitter @pixie13sweeps
gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com
tweet
http://twitter.com/pixie13sweeps/status/12363325936
gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com
my son loves amusement parks, i think he'd love the ferris wheel
nannypanpan@sbcglobal.net
gfc follower
entered flirty aprons
e-mail subscriber
e-mail subscriber 2
e-mail subscriber 3
I like their Zoo Buddies Building Set
mandalarctic@gmail.com
Have your button (3)
http://adventuresinwinterland.blogspot.com/
mandalarctic@gmail.com
E-mail subscriber (1)
mandalarctic@gmail.com
E-mail subscriber (2)
mandalarctic@gmail.com
Follow K'nex on Twitter (@mandalarctic)
mandalarctic@gmail.com
Following you on Twitter (@mandalarctic)
mandalarctic@gmail.com
Blog follower
mandalarctic@gmail.com
i think the Lava Launch Coaster looks super fun! My son has two of the smaller coasters and he loves them! Both of my kiddoes enjoy building with K'nex! thanks for the chance!!
enchantedtree(at)hotmail.com
i follow your blog via google friend connect!
enchantedtree(at)hotmail.com
i'm a facebook fan! tree tiemeyer
enchantedtree(at)hotmail.com
i entered your Eleven Shoe collection Giveaway!
enchantedtree(at)hotmail.com
i follow K'nex on twitter
http://twitter.com/patchouligirl91
enchantedtree(at)hotmail.com
i'm a facebook fan of K'nex! tree tiemeyer
enchantedtree(at)hotmail.com
i'm subscribed to your Feed via Google reader! i can't confirm my email subscription, so i hope this counts! entry #1
enchantedtree(at)hotmail.com
i'm subscribed to your Feed via Google reader! i can't confirm my email subscription, so i hope this counts! entry #2
enchantedtree(at)hotmail.com
i'm subscribed to your Feed via Google reader! i can't confirm my email subscription, so i hope this counts! entry #3
enchantedtree(at)hotmail.com
Tweeted!!
http://twitter.com/patchouligirl91/status/12395136015
enchantedtree(at)hotmail.com
I'd love to have the STOCK CAR for my son! lockwoodmerrie@yahoo.com
I follow via GFC.
lockwoodmerrie@yahoo.com
I follow you on twitter.
Username: mjl6mom2
lockwoodmerrie@yahoo.com
I follow you on Networked Blogs.
ID: Merrie L.
lockwoodmerrie@yahoo.com
I follow K'nex on twitter.
Username: mjl6mom2
lockwoodmerrie@yahoo.com
I'm a fan of K'nex on fb.
ID: Merrie L.
lockwoodmerrie@yahoo.com
I subscribe to your feed.
lockwoodmerrie@yahoo.com Entry 1
I subscribe to your feed.
lockwoodmerrie@yahoo.com Entry 2
I subscribe to your feed.
lockwoodmerrie@yahoo.com Entry 3
Daily Tweet.......... http://twitter.com/Alacransita84/status/12415609206
aguero.crissy at gmail.com
tweet
http://twitter.com/pixie13sweeps/status/12421030511
gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com
I would love the 1,000 piece ultimate value tub or Elmo's Treasure Island set.
ravish30 at aol dot com
blog follower
ravish30 at aol dot com
twitter follower @Ravish30
ravish30 at aol dot com
facebook fan
ravish30 at aol dot com
following via networked blogs
ravish30 at aol dot com
following Knex on twitter @Ravish30
ravish30 at aol dot com
entered Sparkle Plenty
ravish30 at aol dot com
entered Fantasy Jewelry Box
ravish30 at aol dot com
tweet- http://twitter.com/Ravish30/status/12423464316
Ravish30 at aol dot com
entered Eleven Collection Giveaway
Ravish30 at aol dot com
Tweet!
http://twitter.com/patchouligirl91/status/12450556498
enchantedtree(at)hotmail.com
I love the ferris wheel jk.gorcery@gmail.com
I follow you on Twitter (@jkgorcery) jk.gorcery@gmail.com
I follow K'nex on Twitter (@jkgorcery) jk.gorcery@gmail.com
I entered your Sparkle Plenty Giveaway! jk.gorcery@gmail.com
I subscribe via email #3 jk.gorcery@gmail.com
Daily Tweet............. http://twitter.com/Alacransita84/status/12474171265
aguero.crissy at gmail.com
tweet
http://twitter.com/pixie13sweeps/status/12484872485
gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com
I tweeted: https://twitter.com/jkgorcery/status/12491000442 jk.gorcery@gmail.com
Tweet!
http://twitter.com/patchouligirl91/status/12510400117
enchantedtree(at)hotmail.com
Daily Tweet........... http://twitter.com/Alacransita84/status/12535700683
aguero.crissy at gmail.com
dt-
http://twitter.com/Ravish30/status/12544306310
ravish30 at aol dot com
tweet
http://twitter.com/pixie13sweeps/status/12551725633
gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com
I like the elmo pet vet building set
mstlee2000 @ hotmail.com
I follow via GFC
mstlee2000 @ hotmail.com
I entered the eleven giveaway
mstlee2000 @ hotmaill.com
I follow knex via twitter isaiahsmom21
mstlee2000 @ hotmail.com
I subscribe via feeds #3
mstlee2000 @ hotmail.com
Tweet!
http://twitter.com/patchouligirl91/status/12570738408
enchantedtree(at)hotmail.com
Daily Tweet............ http://twitter.com/Alacransita84/status/12596137934
aguero.crissy at gmail.com
dt-
http://twitter.com/Ravish30/status/12603356450
ravish30 at aol dot com
tweet
http://twitter.com/pixie13sweeps/status/12609730399
gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com
Tweet!
http://twitter.com/patchouligirl91/status/12635083240
enchantedtree(at)hotmail.com
Daily Tweet............ http://twitter.com/Alacransita84/status/12660600694
aguero.crissy at gmail.com
dt-http://twitter.com/Ravish30/status/12668160671
ravish30 at aol dot com
Tweet!
http://twitter.com/patchouligirl91/status/12696553285
enchantedtree(at)hotmail.com
Daily Tweet........ http://twitter.com/Alacransita84/status/12724080700
aguero.crissy at gmail.com
The new Lava launch Coaster looks like a lot of fun to build.
Thanks for the chance.
bekki1820cb at gmail
GFC follower. bekki1820cb at gmail
Entered the Eleven Collection giveaway. bekki1820cb at gmail
Following on Networked Blogs: Bekki Orr
bekki1820cb at gmail
Following K'NEX on Twitter: @bekki1820cb
bekki1820cb at gmail
Following K'NEX on Facebook: Bekki
Orr bekki1820cb at gmail
Feed subscriber. bekki1820cb at gmail
#1
Feed subscriber. bekki1820cb at gmail
#2
Feed subscriber. bekki1820cb at gmail
#3
tweet
http://twitter.com/pixie13sweeps/status/12738471153
gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com
Tweet!
http://twitter.com/patchouligirl91/status/12757955485
enchantedtree(at)hotmail.com
Daily Tweet........... http://twitter.com/Alacransita84/status/12783922876
aguero.crissy at gmail.com
dt-http://twitter.com/Ravish30/status/12789717204
ravish30 at aol dot com
My son would love the LOOPIN' LIGHTNING COASTER!
Thanks for the chance to win!
mrsmchappell at gmail dot com
Following with Google Friend Connect
mrsmchappell at gmail dot com
Following on twitter as mrsmchappell
mrsmchappell at gmail dot com
Entered the Eleven shoes giveaway.
mrsmchappell at gmail dot com
Follow K'nex on Twitter as mrsmchappell
mrsmchappell at gmail dot com
Fan K'nex on Facebook - michelle chappell
mrsmchappell at gmail dot com
Subscribed via RSS feed. #1
mrsmchappell at gmail dot com
Subscribed via RSS feed. #2
mrsmchappell at gmail dot com
Subscribed via RSS feed. #3
mrsmchappell at gmail dot com
I like the ELMO'S COWBOY ADVENTURE BUILDING SET! Thanks!
coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com
I follow KNex on Twitter! natdey
coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com
I follow you on Twitter! natdey
coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com
I follow your blog!
coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com
I follow you on Facebook!
Natalie A.
coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com
I'm already following Knex on Facebook!
Natalie A.
coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com
I follow on Network Blog!
coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com
Tweet
http://twitter.com/natdey/status/12800230590
coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com
I subscribe by e-mail!
coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com
I subscribe by e-mail! 2
coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com
I subscribe by e-mail! 3
coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com
Post a Comment