Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lost = A HUGE Let Down Last Night/Sawyer Porn

First and foremost, Lost was the biggest fricken waste of time last night. I had such high expectations of the episode when I heard it was going to be about the MIB and Jacob, but WTF? It was such a let down.

Ok, so what exactly is the "light"? Hell? And ok, the "light" turned the MIB into the smoke monster, but it never said how. And why was their mother (baby snatcher) there in the first place and how did she know to protect the "light"? And why is the MIB's body in the cave, but the smoke monster is in his body (which we know from past episodes)? Nothing was answered and I turned off my tv when the episode was over and I was pissed.

Oh, and I was totally clueless about that whole Jack and Kate thing at the end. I called my mother and she said it was a flashback to the first season....I didn't even remember it.

Literally the only thing of importance that happened was finding out that the MIB and Jacob were twins...and that wasn't even earth shattering. And we STILL don't know the MIB's name.

I'm so mad!!! I don't even know if Sawyer porn will cheer me up this week.


10 comments:

Momma Fargo said...

Uh..Sawyer porn is great any time. Especially to cheer us up. If that doesn't work...I'm in trouble. Came here to get cheered up and saw Sawyer was an angel. Here, I thought he was naughty. Now I can't have those thoughts running through my head anymore. What is a girl to do? :)

Shannon said...

I thought it was an amazing episode. I was still confused at the end but otherwise I feel like we learned a lot.

I think the "light" is supposed to be the heart of everytihng... like, good/evil in the whole world. Like if the good is destroyed there, the whole world won't have any goodness anymore.

And I kept waiting for her to say MIB's name was Esau. I think maybe we're supposed to assume that b/c it fits the good/evil thing.

I think the smoke monster takes over MIB's body, not that MIB was the smoke monster initially. B/c MIB was definitely dead at the end.

Mass Hole Mommy said...

MF: Sawyer is soooo bad, he's good (wink wink)....

Shannon: What is Esau? I've never heard that word ever, in reference to the show or not? What makes you think that is his name?

Shannon said...

Jacob and Esau are twins in the Bible. One is a hunter and one is a planter. Esau tricks Jacob into giving him his birthright in exchange for some soup. His mother contrived it with Jacob to trick Esau into giving it up. Esau tried to kill him and Jacob ran away. His birthright made him the father of the nations--the 12 tribes. Jacob was the father of Joseph (of technicolor dreamcoat fame!) :)

So it kind of fits. Maybe not, but we'll see. You could probably google "Jacob and Esau" and read a better version than mine :)

Cari said...

I also think this has a lot to do with Jacob and Esau. I'm a little disappointed about that too. The episode didn't leave me as pissed off as others did though, so i will roll with it. The last episode airs on the 23rd I think and it's supposed to be 2 1/2 HOURS LONG! Yikes! lol

april brooks said...

If it's Jacob & Esau then they got most of it wrong. There's an article on salon.com that explains it very well.
Just for the record, I think Jacob is lame. He has no curiosity and he's whiny!!

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Wow, April, that article on Salon.com pretty much summed up EXACTLY how I feel....thanks for letting me know about it. Jacob is lame. Jack is lame. The whole damn thing is turning out to be lame and what should be an action-packed final season is turning out to be a dud.

California Keys said...

That episode made me so mad! Only four more hours to sum everything up, and that episode made me ask EVEN MORE QUESTIONS!

I hope they don't end it like the Sopranos.... How can there only be four hours left?

EllaBellaMozzarella said...

Last night's LOST was definitely a big letdown/disappointment, especially coming on the heels of the previous week's amazing episode and considering this was the freekin second to last hour before the finale! Some parts were just lame, the special effects for the 'cave of light' were cheesy & seemed out of place, and the answer to Adam & Eve was hardly satisfying. In my opinion, the entire episode was simply not worthy of where we are in the whole story of LOST. But I gotta say, your pic of a shirtless Sawyer sure as hell cheered me right up!!

Anonymous said...

I swear I'm going to go get the past seasons DVDS so I can get involved w/ this!