
Who remembers the Mr. Men and Little Miss books from the mid 80's...boy I think I just dated myself! Anywho, I know I had a stack of them in elementary school and I thought they were the greatest things ever. I think back then I was more fascinated with the small size of the book rather than the content, but hey, I was 9.
My kindergartener has been obsessed with Mr. Men books almost since the start of the school year. His teacher has a whole bunch in the classroom and apparently these are all the rage at his school.
Anyways, not only have the books made a big time comeback, but there is also a cute animated series with the whole cast of characters called, you guessed it....The Mr. Men Show, which is based on the books by Ronald Hargreaves.
I actually stumbed upon the cartoon by accident on Boomerang, which is a part of the Cartoon Network family, a few months ago. I was watching something else with my kids, and the Mr. Men Show suddenly came on and they have been hooked ever since. Our Tivo is filled with episodes.
So when I got the chance to review Mr. Bump Presents: Planes, Trains and Dillymobiles!, I jumped at it. I like the Mr. Men because they teach lessons about respect, being polite, being a good friend and so much more. There are over 25 characters, some of which include Mr. Tickle, Mr. Strong, Mr. Fussy, Little Miss Sunshine and Little Miss Chatterbox. Each of the six episodes, which are about 10 minutes each, feature the cast of characters getting into situations and figuring out how to get themselves out of it.
Aside from the fact the Mr. Men Show kept my kids completely entertained, I find that some of the subtle humor is aimed towards adults. The characters all have personalities based on their names, like Mr. Grumpy and you know hilarity will ensue when he runs into Mr. Happy.

Mr. Bump Presents: Planes, Trains and Dillymobiles! features six adventures; “Car Wash,” “Flying,” “Trains,” “Cars,” “Boats” and “Inventions.” The DVD is available everywhere on May 18th .
Huge thanks to the folks at Sony Pictures Home Entertainment for the opportunity to review this fantastic DVD. My kids thoroughly enjoyed it and I would highly recommend this DVD to anyone looking for something new to add to the mix.
**I received a copy of the DVD for review purposes only. No other form of monetary compensation was exchanged. All opinons are strictly my own and were not influenced in any way**

0 comments:
Post a Comment