Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sex in the City 2 Soundtrack Review


Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that the movie, Sex and the City 2, was just released this past Thursday, May 27th! I was a huge fan of the show when it was on HBO and I absolutley loved the first movie, so I can't wait to see Sex and the City 2!


The soundtrack features a brand-new duet "Love is Your Color" by Grammy and Academy Award® winner Jennifer Hudson, along with global superstar, multi-platinum recording artist and three-time Grammy Award nominee Leona Lewis! It includes a new song by platinum-selling CeeLo and International superstar Dido also contributes an exclusive new track.

I personally think music is one of the most important parts of a good movie and I was super excited when I received a copy of the Sex and the City 2: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, which was released on May 25th! As soon as I received the soundtrack a few days ago, I popped it into the CD player in my car and haven't taken it out since. There are so many good songs on this CD from artists like 12 time Grammy Award winner Alicia Keys! This soundtrack CD is actually really well put together and features a lot of fantastic new songs, a few of which were sung by artists that I'd never heard of before, so it great to be introducted to so much amazing music all on one CD.




I love Liza Minelli's version of single ladies (ya know, Beyonce's chart-topping song). It's one of those catchy songs that I always get stuck in my head, and this version is no exception to that! There is also a cover of Blondie's song "Rapture" by Alicia Keys, which is fantastic. It's probably my favorite song on the CD. This soundtrack also features the girl of Sex and the City 2, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon, performing the Helen Reddy classic “I Am Woman”. I'm very curious how that scene comes about in the movie.

Sex and the City 2 Tracklisting:

1. Alicia Keys “Rapture”
2. Dido “Everything to Lose”
3. Cee Lo “Language of Love”
4. Erykah Badu “Window Seat”
5. Natacha Atlas “Kidda”
6. Michael McGregor “Euphrates Dream”
7. Liza Minnelli “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
8. Ricki-Lee "Can't Touch It"
9. Alicia Keys "Empire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down"
10. Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis "Love Is Your Color"
11. Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon “I Am Woman”
12. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “If Ever I Would Leave You”
13. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Sunrise, Sunset”
14. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Till There Was You”
15. Shayna Steele, Jordan Ballard, Kamilah Marshall “Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered”
16. Liza Minnelli with Billy Stritch “Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye”
17. Cyndi Lauper “True Colors”
18. Aaron Zigman “Divas and Dunes”

And how would you like to win a call from Carrie herself? One lucky winner will receive a phone call from Sarah Jessica Parker! Click here to enter!

Sex and the City 2: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD is now available at your favorite music stores or at Amazon.com for $11.99.


Thank you to the One2One Network for the opportunity to review this awesome CD.


**This review is based strictly on my own opinion of the Sex and the City 2 Soundtrack. I received a review item and did not receive any other form of monetary compensation. My opinion was not influenced in any way**

2 comments:

Gigi said...

ooh...may have to check this out!

Katie said...

I completely agree that a soundtrack can easily make or break the film...and this one looks to be awesome!

I have been a big fan of Sex in the City as well...Hoping to catch the movie at some point this weekend! Thanks for the heads up on good music!