The kids stayed over at their dad's place last night, which was fantastic because it gave me a break and I spent some quality time with Chris. Usually when they stay over there, I get up and pick them up in the mornings. It was a decision that I made because their dad has to travel almost into Boston to get to work and I work from home, so I don't have be anywhere at a certain time. Mind you, I also usually end up dropping them off the evening before. It's not a big deal and that way when I need him to make a switch or anything, he can't really say no.
I try to get there around 7 am when I pick them up because he lives right near all the schools in his town and there is a ton of traffic. Depending on how long the drive-thru line at Dunkin Donuts takes, I get there between 6:45 and 7. A few times I've gotten there before 7 and their dad has said something about how I distract them and to not get there before 7. Well, if I am in the area a few mins early, I don't think it's a big deal (at least it wouldn't be to me). I got there today at 6:51 am and rang the bell to his upstairs apartment. He came down and said I couldn't come in because the kids weren't ready and not to show up again before 7. He seriously wouldn't let me in. He told me he would send them down in a few minutes when they were ready, which ended up being 7:02. WTF?
I was SOOO tempted to just drive away when he wouldn't let me in, but I know that would have started a war and I am not prepared for that battle right now. But, little does he know, I will NOT be picking them up in the mornings ever again and he'll be pissed, but WTH? I am sooo flexable with him taking them, he really should think before acting like such a bitch to me. He didn't even come down and face me, either. He just sent the kids down, which was fine, because I would have said something to him and it wouldn't have been nice.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 comments:
What a douchecanoe!!!
I hope I never have lame ex stories! WTH is what...9 minutes? What is he doing in the last 15 minutes he has them other then getting them gathered up to be ready to be picked up??
Wow. Well I can totally top that! LOL. At least yours sees the kids. That's something. I wouldn't cater to him though. When we were living close enough every other weekend I made HIM pick up the kids AND drop them off. It's his responsibility if he wants to see them.
Mine have not spoken to their father in two months now. I mean, we're 800 miles away, I get why he hasn't visited, but not to bother picking up the phone!?
Men are assholes.
Entitlement.
After you being flexible and considerate, they become "used to" the idea that you'll just do whatever.
Dealing with the same right now...like I told you on twitter the other night. WTF is wrong with them????
I hate dealing with exes and custody exchanges. It never goes well. NEVER. Good luck.
Geez. It's not like you showed up an hour before schedule. 9 minutes? What a big baby!
wow what a douchebag! He better be glad you were coming to pick them up at all.. you could make him bring them home and just put a big ol monkeywrench in his schedule! What an ass!
Wow. Holy crap. I don't think I would have been able to be as patient and as nice as you. He is clearly trying to commandeer control of a piddly situation so he can feel superior to you.
What a jerk...
Cabin Fever in Vermont
What an asshole!
That is insane. You definitely need to stop catering to him.
Jackass
That is pretty ridiculous. He definitely sounds like an ass.
I have some wonderful ex-wife stories of my own and I feel your pain.
ok, um somehow i'm trying to enter your contest and am on the wrong blog entry :( so i need to delete everything, sorry. i hope you can delete forever on your end.
ok, i'm back after having read this post (i was so excited to enter into the old navy one i guess my screen jumped leading me to comment on wrong entry) anyway... wow, what a knucklehead. i feel bad for you. that is so annoying and weird. like i'm sure he'd be pleased if you were LATE! damn. i'm always a few minutes early. i'm sorry you have to deal with such annoying bs.
I'm so sorry you have to deal with that!!
I have awarded you with an award! Come check it out! Have a great night!
http://theadventuresofpaulnatalie.blogspot.com/2010/06/versatile-blogger-award.html
Post a Comment