Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's Been One Week

Well, it's officially been a week since Chris and his son have moved in to my house and all my worries about how they were going to adjust are officially for naught. The transition for them seems to have been seemless which makes me VERY happy.

Aside from the never ending mountain of laundry, which I'm still in complete shock about (I'm a planner/organizer type of person and I never saw that one coming), my oldest son, who is just about six, gets so upset when Chris's son goes downstairs to his room to play X-box or something. You see, Chris's son is an only child and I am certain that he's overwhelmed by my kids. Hell, I'm overwhelmed by them and they're mine. Plus he's 13 and he needs space. Period.

I keep trying to explain to my oldest that Chris's son can't be with him ALL day. I reminded him about when his friends come over and how he doesn't like it when his little brother tags along, and I know he understands, but it's causing him a greast deal of upset right now. I know he will settle in...it's only been a week.

Other than that, everything else is going splendedly! YAY!

9 comments:

BNM said...

glad things are going well, and dont worry they will settle in with each other soon enough it just takes some getting used to.. I have 3 step siblings and it was a little rough at first

Babes Mami said...

My four steps moved in the day I met them, if we can do it...you can do it.

Poor boy, he must have thought he was getting a new constant play toy!

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

That is great that things are going well aside from the kids understanding and learning about each other.

Crazy Brunette said...

Shhhhyea bitch!!!!

Thank God right???? Could've been really shitty!!! Glad it went well hoe!

MommyLovesStilettos said...

Well that's awesome! So glad to hear it's going well :)

Unknown said...

This could possibly be my new favorite blog. You crack me up! I've passed you an award :)
http://caterpillarfamily.blogspot.com/2010/07/blogger-awards.html

Kristy said...

Awesome. This gives me hope that some day when I integrate another person into my life... it just might work...

Meg said...

Glad everything is going well....it's nice when things work out eh?

Bethany said...

I'm glad things are going well! I'm sure the boys will learn quickly about space :) 13 would be a hard age to move anywhere!