The dinner was held at a cute, trendy restaurant in the South End called Myers & Chang (it took us a little longer to find it than I expected due to a little Garmin (GPS) mishap)! Once we were inside the restaurant and seated, we looked over the specially prepared menu (see below).

Chris went with the Hot & Sour Soup and I got the Mama Chang's Pork Potstickers. Both were delicious. Then for the next course, we shared each other's Thai Ginger Chicken Salad and Chilled Dan Dan Noodles.
Then it was time for the main course and we chose the Beef & Broccoli and the Sweet & Sour Chicken, which were served family style (in one big bowl and we served ourselves onto our own plates). Below is a picture of the Beef & Broccoli, which came out first. We were too busy eating by the time the Sweet & Sour Chicken were served to take pictures of that. Both dishes were out of this world!
Then, it was dessert time, which is my favorite part of any meal. Chris got the Chocolate and Cocoa Nib Terrine with Vietnamese coffee sauce and I went with the Coconut Cream Pie. We ended up sharing each other's because they were both fantastic!
At the end of the meal, the folks from MyBlogSpark handed out fortune cookies to everyone and each one had the same "fortune":
"Surprise! The entree you sampled this evening was a frozen dinner from Wanchai Ferry"
There was a wave of shock that ran through the entire restaurant. The Wanchai Ferry food was as good as, if not better, than restaurant quality food. It was absolutely delicious and not one person in that restaurant suspected that we were eating frozen dinners.
On our way out we all got a few coupons for free Wanchai Ferry products to have at home, and as soon as I walked in the door when I got home that night was add Wanchai Ferry to my shopping list. I was completely impressed by how good the food was, and as a Chinese/Asian food junkie, I've had my fair share of lousy frozen Asian meals. Wanchai Ferry was absolutely delicious and I will be serving it in my home from now on!
HUGE thanks to the folks at MyBlogSpark for the night out and the nice surprise. All the food that night was delicious and the folks at Myers & Chang were very gracious hosts. We needed it and had a blast!
**Dinner, product coupons and a $50 gift card to cover parking/gas/babysitting expenses were provided by MyBlogSpark. No other form of compensation was exchanged. All opinions expressed in this review are strictly my own and were not influenced in any way**

6 comments:
DUDE! How cool is that!! I never would have guessed just by looking at it....guess I better go get myself some Wanchai!
Damn I wish I went I would have gotten to meet you :( last minute issues had me stuck at home
Maybe next time
That is awesome!
That's super awesome! Wanchai Ferry is really yummy and it definitely doesn't taste like frozen food at all. I'm glad you had fun!
That all sounds delicious- yum!
How cool! That sounds like a lot of fun!
Post a Comment