Monday, August 2, 2010

August = Birthday Month For My Babies!


So it's finally August! August is a fun month around here because both of my boys have birthdays this month (and don't worry...pregnancy/birth-ish stories will be coming on their actual birthdays) and we have all kinds of fun stuff coming up. I usually do day trips with them on their actual birthdays and my oldest, who will be six, wants to go to the Mystic Aquarium in Mystic, CT (which is tomorrow actually) and my little guy wants to go to Southwick Zoo, here in MA.

Then we have their birthday party on the 14th. Yup, the convenience of them both having a birthday in the same month is that we just have one giant party (for now at least). We're getting a bouncy house and pizza, so it should be a blast. My only gripe about that is that that my oldest invited his entire kindergarten class to the party and I've only heard from 3 out of the 19 and the last day to rsvp was 07/31. I think that is so rude. I'm sorry, they had over a month to call me and let me know one way or the other.

I digress...besides all the birthday fun, there's all sorts of other fun things coming up this month. We're heading to the Patriots training camp tonite, so that should be fun. And besides the first day of school is only FIVE WEEKS FROM TOMORROW!!!! Not that I'm keeping track or anything, lol!

15 comments:

Beth P. said...

Yay for August Birthdays! My boy's birthday party will be the same day as yours! Fingers crossed for great weather!

We went to the Mystic Aquarium last summer while we were in CT for a wedding and loved it! I think its set up so much better than NEAQ!

Southwick is on our list of things to do this summer before school starts. I've never been there! Is it great?

Nicki Woo said...

Happy Happy Birthday Little One's!!!! Thanks for following, following you back!!!!

have a happy monday!

momondealz said...

Thanks for finding me at Momondealz! I am following back!

Tara said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I a new follower!! Great blog and I love the Southwick Zoo.

Mrs. Sassy Crafter (Fabi) said...

Hello! I'm a new follower...

www.mrssassycrafter.com

Tabitha said...

That is one thing I really hate too when people don't rsvp. Ahh it makes me so mad, how hard is it to give someone a call?

Melissa said...

August definitely rocks. Both mine and my sister's birthdays are in August so we would each have our own parties for our friends and then we would have one "family birthday." It was fun!


Have a happy August!

That Girl's Deals said...

Hey! I am following you back! I totally love your blog! I can't believe I hadn't stumbled on it before... its great!

Unknown said...

I've got one with an August birthday as well. Hers is on the 28th & she's already making plans!

Unknown said...

Patriots! UGH! ;-) Good thing we have other things to chat about like photography and scrapbooking. Just kidding! I'm from Indiana. Our girls start back to school August 13th! YIKES! If I was still teaching, I would be crying, but not that I am "just" a mommy, I am getting ready to do my happy dance with a bit of sadness as our youngest heads off to all-day Kindergarten! Thanks for the follow!

Vanessa said...

Awww August is an awesome month for birthdays my little guys birthday is the 25th hes hitting the big 15 this year (okay maybe he isnt so little anymore!)

Anyways thanks for the follow... following you back! Cute site!!

Meaghan said...

Hi there! We are from Mass. but unfortunately we are stuck in South FL for now. PATRIOTS, yay! My hubby would be soooo jealous! Thanks for following me. I am following you back - that is quite a following!

Unknown said...

newest follower :)

Lesley said...

Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower!

Your August sounds like our June - two boys' birthdays and my birthday. WOW!

Less Than Reality said...

Hey I'm your newest follower. August birthdays rock - I'm an August birthday too. :)