Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm Making The Switch

What switch you ask? To my own dot com domain. I'm not sure how much smack I should talk about Blogger while I'm still using them as a host, but Blogger is constantly "down" and I am fed up. Just yesterday I was unable to get into my account for about 30 minutes. The fact that it was down on and off over the past weekend was enough to make me want to switch (to my own domain and Word Press), but yesterday was the icing on the cake. I've was introduced to another sexy mama, who really knows her stuff, so she is going to be helping me make the transition and it should hopfully be done by next week! YAY!

19 comments:

Beth said...

Let us know how it goes...I've been debating....just a pain to switch! Beth @ Two Monkeys & a Washtub

Mass Hole Mommy said...

I definitley will. I've had a lot of struggles/questions about it, but the lovely girl who's helping me really knows what she's doing and has been hand holding me through all my mini-meltdowns. HAHA.

Sippy Cup Mom said...

Congratulations! I just switched to my own domain but I'm still using Google as a host until I can figure out who else to use. Can't wait to hear more!

Babes Mami said...

I had a couple people I could email through the process. Everyone is always helpful when you make the switch, I got a little crap from .blogspot readers but I wanted to do it because I want to own myself, not let someone else!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I have seriously considered switching, as well. I wouldn't know where to start.

Katie said...

Hi! I found you on Mingle Monday and just added myself as a follower. i'd like my own.com too-awww, one day...
Katie
miamoodesigns.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Following from Thirsty Thursday. Good luck on the transition!

Stop by anytime!
http://www.mommies2cents.com

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

I have my domain on Blogger and have never had an issue with them being down or not working. I've contemplated switching to Wordpress. Actually I have an account over there, but I have never been able to understand their FTP nonsense and customization. If I ever get a good grip on that there is a good chance I will make the switch then...

Good luck!


Cabin Fever in Vermont

A Daft Scots Lass said...

I am pretty happy with blogspot at the moment and haven't had an issue with them.

It will be 3 years soon.

Be sure to let us know your new addy.

Mamacitaenfuego said...

Thanks for following me! I just started blogging, it is going to be an adventure! I like your blog, I followed you as well. Thanks again!

The Random Blogette said...

I haven't looked back since I switched over to a dot com. Luckily I had a lot of help too so it wasn't too stressful on me!

Michelle said...

Good luck with the transition! I know how frustrating blogger can be! Thanks for stopping by my site!

Anonymous said...

YAYYYY for dot com! You're moving on up!

Unknown said...

I have been considering this for my main mommy blog - but I am, well scared!! I am interested to see how it goes for you!
BTW thanks for stopping by my affilates blog - True to You Design - I am now following you on her behalf and would love it if you could take a minute to check out my own blogs: THE BUSY WOMAN'S GUIDE TO SURVIVING
MOTHERHOOD
and Busy Moms Who Love to Read

Angie said...

You will love Wordpress. It can be a little overwhelming at times but you can do so much more there it is unbelievable.

Jessica said...

I am interested to know how this works out for you! I have been thinking about making the switch too!
-Jessica

Courtney @ {not so homemade} said...

Thanks for becoming a follower! I'm your newest follower now too :)

Anonymous said...

I just got my .com from google this week. I have thought about making the switch to wordpress. Good luck in the transition.

admin said...

a little over a year ago I switch to wordpress but I switch back and got my .com in blogger.

*new follower here*

Goodluck with the switch, will wait to hear more about it. :)