Saturday, December 5, 2009

Cartoons That are Banned in my House!

There are several cartoons that I just can't let my kids watch, for all different reasons. Here is my running list:

1. Caillou. This whiney little bastard has absolutely no educational value and after letting my oldest son, who is now 5, watch it once, it took me months to un-brainwash him from whining. Plus, what kind of a stupid name is Caillou anyway?

2. The Wonder Pets. Who in the world thought a show with super-hero like classroom pets would be a good idea?? Really? I feel complelled to give a special shout out to the duck, Ming Ming with her annoying little lisp, that encourages my children to pronounce words incorrectly ("serwious"). And then they eat victory celery when they help their animal friends? They can't even eat something that a child might remotely like. I have never met a child that liked celery. Therefore confirming that this is one of the stupidest shows ever created.

3. Blue's Clues: Only the Joe episodes. Whoever conducted the auditions for Steve's replacment and hired this jerkoff should be hanged, drawn and quartered. I seriously want to punch my tv every time I see his fat face on there. Enough said.


4. Sid the Science Kid. Now, Sid is not officially on my banned list because he is somewhat educational, but he's still a little douche. Plus my 2 year old really likes him. But, those annoying little kids in his classroom deserve to be tripped on the playground. And what about that grandmother of his that picks him up from school??? Don't even get me started on that old hag. And who has noodles for hair anyways? Stupid.



5. Sponge Bob. When I ever turned it on one day and I heard him say "C U Next Tuesday", I knew this was not appropriate for any child, especially mine. He was banned that day and will stay on the list for all of eternity.


6. Max and Ruby. First of all, where are these kids parents?? And is it really any wonder Max acts out with a bossy big sister like Ruby? Someone please dump these kids off at the orphanage and let's just be done with these obnoxious bunnies.


With that said, it makes it sound like my kids watch 50 hours of tv a week, which is absolutely not the case. They get between 2 and 3 hours a day in reality. We listen to a lot of music in this house, so that fills the void for background noise sometimes. Especially this time of year when there are several stations that are playing Christmas music 24 hours per day!




20 comments:

Bombshell BLISS said...

Some of those are totally on my ban list. Some came out after my kids were past that age. I have one thing to say...thank gawd!

Mae Rae said...

HaHAHA! those are the tops of my list too. I cannot stand the wonder pets. I have only seen it once and that was enough for me to not want it in my house again. Luckily, my kids are now older and need to limit other shows, but if you can stay away from Flapjack and Billy and Mandy-DO!

Unidle Dad said...

I'll agree with 90% of those. Especialy Sponge Bob and Max and Ruby. I'm not sure how Sponge Bob has stayed on he air for so long, it isn't funny. Ruby is just plain men wit how she treats Max. That's just what I want my daughter to learn how to treat her little brother (insert sarcasm here).

The Four Week Vegan said...

My kids are older and I haven't heard of half of those shows - I think I should count my blessings.

UberGrumpy said...

Do they still have that God-awful purple dinosaur over there? All dental hygiene and I love you, you love me.

I wanted to bash his walnut-sized brain in, frankly, and I am normally a very mellow person

Mass Hole Mommy said...

LMAO! Yes, Barney is still around, but you really have to look to find it. I don't.

Heather said...

This reminded me of a blog post I read by Anthony Bourdain once - http://anthony-bourdain-blog.travelchannel.com/read/for-parents-only - funny stuff !

The tv around here is controlled by our 16 mth old. Little Einsteins & Blue's Clues are the top 2, but he loves Yo Gabba Gabba too.

The Accidental Mommy said...

Ugh, I totally agree with you on most of them. But I have to say I am a wonder pets addict. That little jingle gets stuck in my head, but so far has not made me crazy (as far as I know......).

Mass Hole Mommy said...

The phone, the phone is ringing. UGH, now it's stuck in my head. Crap!

Heather, I love Anthony Bourdain! His show is one of my favs!! I am going to go read that now!!

Anonymous said...

my little (15 mo old) only watches Sesame Street, Handy Manny and he loves The Wiggles which are not too painful. He does have a fascination for the Weather Channel too! I hate Wonder Pets and Yo Gabba Gabba is on my list bc it freaks me out. Your list is def my list too~

Wisconsin Parent said...

OMG! Where were you the other day when we were trash talking Gerald from Sid at Thanksgiving dinner. Also, where ARE Max and Ruby's parents? Seriously...someone should call child services. Ruby reminds me of the Nanny 911 lady. Next thing she'll be making an organization chart and Max will be even more of her bee yatch!

Susan Fobes said...

We banned Cailou a while ago in oour house for the very same reason! (My husband has the whine down pat.)And Blues Clues is just too creepy...
The latest ban is going to be Sponge Bob-my son just recently found out about him, and I'm not happy.

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Lisa Marie, to be honest, I originally didn't want my older to son to watch them because I thought they were creepy. I watched them once and had a change of heart and now I actually like them. Why? Because they actually have more than 6 or 7 episodes played in the same rotation. And their songs are a little catchy. oh, and Anthony is kinda hot.

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Lisa Marie, to be honest, I originally didn't want my older to son to watch them because I thought they were creepy. I watched them once and had a change of heart and now I actually like them. Why? Because they actually have more than 6 or 7 episodes played in the same rotation. And their songs are a little catchy. oh, and Anthony is kinda hot.

Tina said...

Lmao....good thing my thomas doesn't watch any of those , except Spongebob... I don't remember the episode where he says "See You Next Tuesday" now you know i will have to pay attention to that one! does he say it to Sandy Cheeks??

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

I have to agree to all them but Sid the Science kid. My kids absolutely adore him. He does have some educational value to his show as well.

Pink Haired Momma said...

hahahaha that is a really cool take on these cartoons. We do watch wonder pets, but the others are on our "no" list. I despise max and ruby. I think it is awful. And sponge bob is annoying if you ask me!

Brilliant Sulk said...

Kids shows suck.

My kids watch Yo Gabba Gabba, House Hunters (yes, on HGTV) and the Addams Family.

I know, they're going to be totally screwed up...

Sarah K. said...

<3 your blog. I'm following you now.

I'm learning about hideous kids shows now that I have my very own weeble. SpongeBob is already banned. I'd never heard of The Wonder Pets. After googling them, they look like something someone who regularly trips on acid might see. I wonder if that is how the writers of this sort of stuff really come up with it.

Cassandra said...

LOL!!! this is hilarious! and I couldn't agree with you more about Caillou and Wonder Pets, I can't stand either of the shows. The rest I am indifferent on or haven't seen but I love Sid! My 1.5 year old loves him and I think it's the cutest show! I do totally agree about the old hag grandma though!