Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thank You Ian!

A BIG thank you to Ian at The Daily Dose of Reality for showing me how to disable "anonymous" comments yesterday! I'm admittedly not good with computer "stuff" and I appreciate that he emailed me with the fairly simple directions!

I can take criticism and can admit when I'm wrong (and I have been very wrong about a few things lately and addressed it with the people I offended), but I think it's cowardly for people to leave comments anonymously rather than address me directly. For the record, I spoke with someone yesterday and I know exactly who left the comments.

So, thank you for your help Ian (I meant to post this yesterday, but I got wrapped up in a few things).

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Ian rocks!!!

Anonymous said...

I bet this will help you out a lot with some of those ugly comments!!! Ugh!
yay Ian!!!!

Lothiriel said...

I say show your name even when you're attacking someone. Don't be a coward. I'd be rich if I had a dime the many times I've "spoken" in a very judmental manner only to have my foot in my mouth the next moment, for ejaculating stuff out of my ass too soon!

;)

It's great when we all behave like adults and own up to the stuff we post.

Yeah,I have anymous commenters disabled as well.

Ian said...

You are most welcome :)

Cassie said...

Could you let me know how to do it? I've been getting TONS of spam as annonymous comments lately!

Ian said...

Paraphrased, what I sent to Robin...

Blogger.com, click on "settings" for your blog. Next, click on "comments", fourth from the right and you get these options.

Who Can Comment?
-Anyone - includes Anonymous Users
-Registered Users - includes OpenID
-Users with Google Accounts
-Only members of this blog

If you change it to Users with Google Accounts, then that means anyone who has Google or a blog can comment. You'll also be able to track by email who commented on every post. So even if you have someone making a "rude" remark, etc you'll be able to respond.

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Thanks for replying back to Cassie. I was sitting here trying to remember how I did it, lol!

Ally said...

We all love Ian! He's like the Blog hero!



Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

Danielle said...

Glad you got that taken care of. No need for the un needed comments.

xoxo
Danielle

a49erfangirl said...

That's awesome you can delete Anonymous users. I never knew you could. Glad you know who it is too. Sorry you had to deal with someone so childish.

Working Mommy said...

YAY for getting everything resolved though...well, maybe not resolved - but your know who did what!

~WM

Kristy said...

People are so stupid... If you don't have the balls to say something and post your name, then don't say it... I'm glad you were able to disable the comments, it would suck if you had to create a whole new blog just for one person!