Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Boys Will Be Boys

"Stop hitting your brother". "Stop antagonizing your brother". "Leave your brother alone". These have all become pretty much the only words uttered out of my mouth lately.
My boys are exactly three years apart. Right now they are 5.5 and 2.5 and I swear all they do is fight. It's not always physical, although often times it is. Sometimes they fight over toys.....even if they both have the EXACT same toy. Sometimes they fight over me, say if one of them comes over and sits on my lap, the other one won't be far behind. On rare occasions they can actually sit and place nicely, but those occasions are becoming very few and far between these days. I suppose that's what boys do, right?
The thing that worries me the most is that my 2 year old could seriously beat the shit out of my five year old. The two year old is a bully and has quite the temper (which I laugh about when he can't see me). My five year old knows just how to push his brothers buttons, too. And, I was sitting here wondering when that time would come that they would just get along, but once I really sat and thought about it, I don't know if they ever will. I get along with my sister and brother (I get along with my brother better I would say), but we all still disgree and fight sometimes, just like when we were kids, so I guess it never really stops.
I guess I'm just rambling here because I just re-read this and there isn't really much of a point other than boys will be boys I guess. LOL!

13 comments:

Kel said...

:)

Unknown said...

OH I hear ya momma.. I have a 17 yr old a 13 yr old and a 10 yr old. They are just far enough apart in age from each other to be annoying to the other. On the rare occassions 2 of them get along the 3rd wheel gets upset and pouts.

Anonymous said...

My two boys are 16 mo apart (almost 5 and 3) and I can't tell you how many times a day I say those phrases!
Boys will definetely be boys!

The Four Week Vegan said...

My boys are 18 months apart and perhaps that accounts for why they are closer than some. Not that they never fight, but thankfully they get along. Maybe God knew I couldn't take any physical fighting or at least not much.

Ian said...

You are funny. The entire time I read this I was thinking that exact same thing.

Two words for you


SAWYER

TONIGHT

Momma Fargo said...

Ha! Boys are boys. Sign em up for the MMA...that will get it out of them...just kidding. Karate?

And tomorrow...I'm all geared up for my Wednesday porn...just sayin'...

Kelly said...

My boys get along pretty good, they have thier moments but for the most part they play very well together...thank goodness because who knows whats going to happen when #3 comes along....oh boy!!!

Mass Hole Mommy said...

LOL, M.F. I promise the Sawyer "porn" will be A LOT better than last week....although, I did like that pic last week. Swoon.

Coffeypot said...

I kicked my little brother in the face with roller skates on. He lived.

Nancy C said...

You're not kidding. I swear I'm living in the Thunderdome most days.

Vanessa said...

Oh it happens w/girls too. My sister and I were 3 yrs apart, and I have a dimple that's actually a scar from a fight w/her. And my 3-year-old girl can seriously take down my 6-year-old girl -- as my little sister could take me down.

Sue said...

Boys. You can't change the innate desire to pummel. I have four boys. They're all three-ish years apart, and it's a nightly wrestle-mania in my living room. Ugh. They've scratched and bruised each other, but as long as they don't break any bones, I guess I can keep my sanity.
Love the picture. It's how it is!

California Keys said...

My brother and I had our moments. One day we'd be fine, the next we'd be at eachother's throats.... It was all about attention.... :)