Saturday, March 20, 2010

SodaStream Home Soda Maker Review and Giveaway!- CLOSED

I love soda. Period. I drink tons of it! For me, there are two downsides to buying a lot of soda. The first is the cost. Soda is expensive. Plain and simple. The other issue is storage space. My fridge is packed as it is, and then to add a 12 pack of my favorite soda into the mix, it just takes up precious space. SodaStream is a company that sells everything you need to make soda right in your own home!

About SodaStream:


Soda-Club is the world's largest manufacturer, distributor and marketer of Home Carbonation Systems. Our brands, Soda-Club and SodaStream, are sold in more than 30 countries worldwide.

Our long standing and deep heritage dates back to 1903, when we introduced innovative solutions to the beverage market. We continue to grow as market leaders in both technological advancements and the quality of our products.

The Soda-Club system enables consumers to carbonate water and to flavor carbonated beverages at home as an alternative to purchasing pre-packed bottles or cans. This has many important benefits to the consumer including cost savings and no hassle with bottles.



SodaStream generously sent me a Genesis Soda Maker, two carbonation bottles, a carbonator, nine flavors of soda mix and a box of sample-sized flavors for me to review. I was so excited to bust it open and start making soda! It was already assembled when I pulled it out of the box, so it was ready to go! The hardest part for me was deciding which flavor to make first.

How does SodaStream machine work you may be wondering? It’s simple. You fill up the plastic bottle with tap water up to the FILL LINE. Yes, you read that right, tap water. Then you put the bottle right onto the machine and press the button until the machine buzzes (pressing the button carbonates the water). It took me three buzzes. Then just disconnect the bottle and add your favorite syrup. SodaStream has 18 different flavors!! Or you can just not add syrup and make sparkling water.


The SodaStream carbonating bottles are BPA-Free and incredibly durable. They are high pressure-resistant and can be used for up to three years. My favorite part is that they come with fizz-preserving caps which will maintain the fizz longer than a store-bought bottle!

I should mention this machine is very streamlined in shape and does not take up a lot of counter space. A definite plus in my house. Also, the SodaStream machine is not electric, so if you're anything like me, you won't have to unplug something else to have an extra outlet to use this. I love this machine and I know you will, too!



The advantages of Soda-Club's Home Carbonation System include:


-Value for Money: Great savings compared to pre-packed carbonated water and beverages.
-Environmentally-Friendly: Soda-Club is an "Active Green" solution that minimizes the huge eco-footprint caused by the manufacture, transport and waste of plastic bottles.
-Convenience: No need to carry heavy bottles from the store. The Soda-Club system is simple to use and requires no batteries or electricity.
-Variety: Soda-Club offers over 60 flavors to suit everyone’s taste. Regular, diet, natural, fruity flavors, ice tea, energy drinks, sport drinks, tonic and many more.
-Space Saver: No need to store bottles of beverages or empty bottles for recycling in your home. -Personalization: Make drinks just the way you love them… more bubbles, less bubbles, sweeter or lighter, even create your own flavor!
-Family Fun: The system is quick and easy to use. It's fun for everyone and kids just love it!
-Satisfaction Guaranteed: Soda-Club drinks makers are of extremely high quality and include a money-back satisfaction guarantee and Lifetime Warranty to our customers.

Win it: The folks at SodaStream have generously offered one (1) of my lucky readers a Fountain Jet Machine of their very own!



Mandatory Entry: Please visit SodaStream and tell me one thing you learned on their site! Please leave me a valid email address in this comment so that I can contact you if you win. If no email address is left, the entry will be disqualified!

Please leave a seperate comment for each entry!

Extra Entries:
1. Follow my blog through Google friend connect (1 entry)!
2. Follow me on Twitter (1 entry)!
3. Become a Facebook Fan of Mass Hole Mommy (1 entry)!
4. Enter one of my other giveaways (1 entry)!
5. Follow me on Networked Blogs (1 entry)!
6. Follow Sodastream on Facebook (1 entry)!
7. Follow SodaStream on Twitter (1 entry)!
8. Blog about this giveaway and leave a link to where I can find it (3 entries)!
9. Grab my button and leave a link (3 entries)!
10. Tweet this giveaway. Please include @massholemommy in the tweet. Can be tweeted once per day and counts as one entry per tweet.

** Please leave a seperate comment for each entry and remember to leave a valid email address in one of the entry comments. Winner has 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.

This giveaway will end at midnight (EST) on 03/27/10 and is open to U.S. residents. The winner will be chosen via random.org and will be notified by email. Thanks again to SodaStream for offering this fantastic giveaway!

***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

183 comments:

redfuzzycow said...

i learned that all of the regular sodamix flavors use a mixture of splenda and sugar

redfuzzycow said...

i follow your blog through google friend connect (redfuzzycow)

redfuzzycow said...

i follow you on twitter (redfuzzycow)

redfuzzycow said...

i'm a facebook fan of yours (jen reda)

redfuzzycow said...

i entered your scandle candle giveaway

redfuzzycow said...

i follow you on networked blogs (jen reda)

redfuzzycow said...

i follow sodastream on facebook (jen reda)

redfuzzycow said...

i follow sodastream on twitter (redfuzzycow)

redfuzzycow said...

i grabbed your button www.redfuzzycow.blogspot.com #1

redfuzzycow said...

i tweeted http://twitter.com/redfuzzycow/status/10774467240

Anonymous said...

I learned that you can Turn tap water into sparkling water in under 30 seconds!

boobiesbabiesandablog AT gmail DOT com

Anonymous said...

GFC follower (BoobiesBabies&ABlog)

Anonymous said...

Twitter follower @bbandablog

Anonymous said...

FB fan! (jana0107)

Anonymous said...

Entered your Joey Jr. giveaway

Anonymous said...

Following soda stream on twitter @bbandablog

Anonymous said...

tweet: http://twitter.com/BBandAblog/status/10775075318

Aimee said...

I learned they make 2 sizes of carbonator, 60 or 110 liters of soda or sparkling water per carbonator.

gevin13{at}gmai;{dot}com

Aimee said...

Google Friend Connect Follower

gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com

Aimee said...

Following you on twitter @pixie13sweeps

gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com

Aimee said...

I entered your Giggles & Grins giveaway

gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com

Aimee said...

Following SodaStream on twitter @pixie13sweeps

gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com

Aimee said...

Button #1
http://pixie13-justconteststuff.blogspot.com/

gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com

Aimee said...

Button #2
http://pixie13-justconteststuff.blogspot.com/

gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com

Aimee said...

Button #3
http://pixie13-justconteststuff.blogspot.com/

gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com

Aimee said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/pixie13sweeps/status/10778328828

Katrina said...

I learned that they have a CO2 exchange. =)

Katrina said...

I follow through google friend connect

Katrina said...

I entered the isabelt giveaway

Katrina said...

I am a facebook fan

Katrina said...

I have your button on my blog!

http://mrsjuicebox.blogspot.com

#1

Katrina said...

I have your button on my blog!

http://mrsjuicebox.blogspot.com

#2

Katrina said...

I have your button on my blog!

http://mrsjuicebox.blogspot.com

#3

Anonymous said...

Love that they have a CO2 exchange! How great is that?!

Anonymous said...

I follow through Google connect

Anonymous said...

I follow you on Twitter

Anonymous said...

I'm a facebook fan

Anonymous said...

I'm entered in several of your other giveaways (you have the BEST giveaways!)

Anonymous said...

I follow on networked blogs

Anonymous said...

I've tweeted about this giveaway

Letherton said...

The bottles are BPA free

ethertonphotography@gmail.com

Letherton said...

I'm a follower

ethertonphotography@gmail.com

Letherton said...

I entered in 2 of your other giveaways.

ethertonphotography@gmail.com

Amy said...

I learned that bottled water is not any safer than tap water (holy moly). Thanks!

madamemenu@charter.net

Amy said...

I follow you on Twitter!

Amy said...

I am a fan on Facebook!

Amy said...

I have your button at http://theonesiechronicles.blogspot.com!

Amy said...

I followed Soda Stream on Twitter!

Amy said...

I became a Soda Stream fan on Facebook!

Ashley said...

I learned that they have over 30 flavors to make and that the machine doesnt even use batteries

oldnavyash@aol.com

Amy said...

I entered your Joey Jr. giveaway!

Ashley said...

I follow you on google friend connect (ash9)

oldnavyash@aol.com

Ashley said...

I follow you on twitter @smash906

oldnavyash@aol.com

Ashley said...

I am a facebook fan

oldnavyash@aol.com

Ashley said...

I follow you on networked blogs

oldnavyash@aol.com

Ashley said...

Also entered purse organizer giveaway

oldnavyash@aol.com

Ashley said...

I am a fan of Sodastream on facebook

oldnavyash@aol.com

Amy said...

Oh! And I follow you through Google Friend COnnect!

Ashley said...

I follow Sodastream on twitter @smash906

oldnavyash@aol.com

Ashley said...

Tweeted http://twitter.com/smash906/status/10788573205

oldnavyash@aol.com

Teresa said...

I learned that more than 80 percent of plastic bottles do not get recycled
mstlee2000 @ hotmail.com

Teresa said...

I follow via GFC
mstlee2000 @ hotmail.com

Teresa said...

I follow via twitter isaiahsmom21
mstlee2000 @ hotmail.com

Teresa said...

I follow soda stream via twitter
mstlee2000 @ hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

daily: http://twitter.com/BBandAblog/status/10835071867

Anonymous said...

Following SodaStream on FB. (jana0107)

Anonymous said...

I have your button #2

Anonymous said...

#3 I have your button

Aimee said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/pixie13sweeps/status/10853329748

gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com

Jennifer said...

1 sodastream canister gives you 60 liters of product jk.gorcery@gmail.com

Jennifer said...

I follow via google friend connect jk.gorcery@gmail.com

Jennifer said...

I follow you on Twitter (@jkgorcery) jk.gorcery@gmail.com

Jennifer said...

I tweeted: https://twitter.com/jkgorcery/status/10853511763 jk.gorcery@gmail.com

Jennifer said...

I entered your isABelt giveaway jk.gorcery@gmail.com

Jennifer said...

I follow SodaStream on Twitter (@jkgorcery) jk.gorcery@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

daily tweet: http://twitter.com/BBandAblog/status/10891911245

Katrina said...

Besides learning that it's AWESOME... I learned that one syrup bottle makes about 33 cans (12 liters) of drink!! I definitely want to try their energy drink.

I've been wanting one of these-- definitely keeping my fingers crossed! :)

katrinasevin(at)aol.com

Katrina said...

I follow through Google Friend Connect

katrinasevin(at)aol.com

Katrina said...

I follow on Twitter (katrinasevin)

katrinasevin(at)aol.com

Katrina said...

I follow on networked blogs! (Katrina Grace Sevin)

katrinasevin(at)aol.com

Katrina said...

Following SodaStream on facebook (Katrina Grace Sevin)

katrinasevin(at)aol.com

Katrina said...

Following SodaStream on twitter (katrinasevin)

katrinasevin(at)aol.com

Katrina said...

I have your button entry #1

http://sevinfamily.blogspot.com

katrinasevin(at)aol.com

Katrina said...

I have your button entry #2

http://sevinfamily.blogspot.com

katrinasevin(at)aol.com

Katrina said...

I have your button entry #3

http://sevinfamily.blogspot.com

katrinasevin(at)aol.com

Aimee said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/pixie13sweeps/status/10901188448

gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com

Anonymous said...

tweet: http://twitter.com/BBandAblog/status/10947965756

Andrea Kruse said...

I love the fact their regular soda doesn't have high fructose corn syrup in it, and the diet doesn't use asparatame.
andrea.kruse at gmail dot com

Andrea Kruse said...

Tweet!
http://twitter.com/notimeMom/status/10951544568
andrea.kruse at gmail dot com

Andrea Kruse said...

I follow with Google Friend Connect
andrea.kruse at gmail dot com

Andrea Kruse said...

I stalk...er follow >blush< on twitter (notimeMom)
andrea.kruse at gmail dot com

Andrea Kruse said...

I just became a FB fan (andrea potter kruse)
andrea.kruse at gmail dot com

Andrea Kruse said...

I follow on Networked blogs
andrea.kruse at gmail dot com

Andrea Kruse said...

I follow Soda Stream on FB (andrea potter kruse)
andrea.kruse at gmail dot com

Andrea Kruse said...

I follow Soda Stream on twitter (notimeMom)
andrea.kruse at gmail dot com

Andrea Kruse said...

I grabbed your button!
http://adventuresinallthingsfood.blogspot.com/
andrea.kruse at gmail dot com
entry #1

Andrea Kruse said...

I grabbed your button!
http://adventuresinallthingsfood.blogspot.com/
andrea.kruse at gmail dot com
entry #2

Aimee said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/pixie13sweeps/status/10957626481

gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com

Molomatic said...

I learned that you can do CO2 exchange through them. Great for the environment!

molomatic (at) gmail (dot ) com

Molomatic said...

I follow you on Twitter @molomatic

molomatic (at) gmail (dot) com

Molomatic said...

I follow SodaStream on Twitter @molomatic

molomatic (at) gmail (dot) com

Molomatic said...

I have your button on my blog! #1

http://onegratefulmama.blogspot.com/

molomatic (at) gmail (dot) com

Molomatic said...

I have your button on my blog! #2

http://onegratefulmama.blogspot.com/

molomatic (at) gmail (dot) com

Molomatic said...

I have your button on my blog! #3

http://onegratefulmama.blogspot.com/

molomatic (at) gmail (dot) com

Andrea Kruse said...

Tweet!
https://twitter.com/notimeMom/status/10984570661
andrea.kruse at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I learned that SodaStream soda has 66 less calories per serving then the 2 leading cola companies!

sun2moon76 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I am a twitter follower of SodaStream @SemiOrganizedMa

sun2moon76 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I follow SodaStream on FB tarajackson

sun2moon76 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Following you on Twitter @SemiOrganizedMa

sun2moon76 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Tweet! http://twitter.com/SemiOrganizedMa/status/10984958049


sun2moon76 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

daily tweet: http://twitter.com/BBandAblog/status/11008072946

Aimee said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/pixie13sweeps/status/11012587119

gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com

Anonymous said...

TWEET! http://twitter.com/SemiOrganizedMa/status/11028107224

Anonymous said...

daily: http://twitter.com/BBandAblog/status/11057962873

Aimee said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/pixie13sweeps/status/11067307465

gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com

Anonymous said...

TWEET! http://twitter.com/SemiOrganizedMa/status/11083362647

Anonymous said...

"Many of SodaStream’s consumable packages are completely recyclable, once they’ve outlived their useful lives." *Thanks* for the giveaway!
theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

Following Mass Hole Mommy with Google Friend Connect [Cheryl F. {The Lucky Ladybug}]
theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

Following @massholemommy on Twitter
theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

Mass Hole Mommy Facebook fan
theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

Blogged about the giveaway { 1 }
theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

Blogged about the giveaway { 3 }
theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

The Mass Hole Mommy button is in my Blogroll, Buttons K - N { 3 }
theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

Tweeted the giveaway
theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

Unknown said...

I learned that sodastream cola only has 34 calories versus coke and pepsi which have 100 calories per serving! THanks for an awesome chance!
dreamweaver21us(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Unknown said...

I follow you on google friend connect
breasmommy
dreamweaver21us(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Unknown said...

I follow you on twitter
breasmommy
dreamweaver21us(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Unknown said...

I am a fan on facebook
Sarah Berry
dreamweaver21us(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Unknown said...

following you on networked blogs
Sarah
dreamweaver21us(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Unknown said...

I follow sodastream on facebook
dreamweaver21us(AT)yahoo(dot)com

Unknown said...

I follow sodaclub & sodastream on twitter! breasmommy
dreamweaver21us(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Unknown said...

I posted your button at
http://breasmommy.blogspot.com
dreamweaver21us(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Unknown said...

I posted your button at
http://breasmommy.blogspot.com
dreamweaver21us(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Unknown said...

I tweeted
http://twitter.com/breasmommy/status/11098269187

Unknown said...

I blogged at http://breasmommy.blogspot.com/2010/03/sodastream-giveaways.html
dreamweaver21us(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Unknown said...

I blogged #2
http://breasmommy.blogspot.com/2010/03/sodastream-giveaways.html
dreamweaver21us(AT)yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I blogged #3
http://breasmommy.blogspot.com/2010/03/sodastream-giveaways.html
dreamweaver21us(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

april brooks said...

I learned this. Our products are allergen-free. We define allergens as being: cereals containing gluten, seafood and shellfish, eggs, fish, peanuts, soy, milk, tree nuts, celery, mustard, and sesame seeds.

lirpaskoorb@gmail.com

Thanks for all of the hard work that goes into your blog!

april brooks said...

I follow you on twitter. notaprilbrooks

april brooks said...

I'm your facebook fan. april brooks

april brooks said...

I follow with networked blogs. april brooks

april brooks said...

I'm a facebook fan of SodaStream. april brooks

april brooks said...

I follow SodaStream on twitter. notaprilbrooks

Steffanie said...

I learned you can also make sparkling water.

steffanie771 at hotmail dot com

april brooks said...

Daily tweet. http://twitter.com/notaprilbrooks/status/11107806345

New to Blogging said...

I learned that SodaStream has a LOT of flavors to pick from, some regular varieties, diet versions, and even the MyWater.
tricia.m.hall@gmail.com

New to Blogging said...

I became a Facebook Fan of Mass Hole Mommy.
tricia.m.hall@gmail.com

New to Blogging said...

I am a fan of Sodastream on Facebook as well.
tricia.m.hall@gmail.com

Aimee said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/pixie13sweeps/status/11125584647

gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com

Anne said...

I learned their cola flavor has only 2 mg of sodium, compared to 35 mg for Coca Cola!

ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

Anne said...

I follow on google friend connect

ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

TWEET!nhttp://twitter.com/SemiOrganizedMa/status/11139879339

Anne said...

I follow on twitter, lunaj1456

ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

Anne said...

I am a facebook fan (Anne Jolly)

ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

Anne said...

I follow on networked blogs (Anne Jolly)

ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

Anne said...

I am a facebook fan (Anne Jolly)
of sodastream

ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

Anne said...

I follow sodastream on twitter, lunaj1456

ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne said...

I have your button, http://lunaj1456.blogspot.com #2

ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

Anne said...

I tweeted

http://twitter.com/lunaj1456/status/11140149516

ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

Anne said...

entered road kill tees giveaway

ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

Julee said...

I learned that soda stream has 64 calories less than other soda

Julee said...

I follow via google friend connect

Julee said...

I follow via twitter @jonbonjovious

Julee said...

I follow on networked blogs

Julee said...

I'm a fan of soda stream on facebook

Julee said...

I follow soda stream via twitter @jonbonjovious

Heather said...

I didn't know SodaStream is an "Active Green" product.

heather.birkman@gmail.com

t said...

Hi!
The website(sodastreamusa.com)states that,"consumers are actively reducing their CO2 footprint every time they make soda or sparkling water at home instead of buying it from the store."

I learned something really meaningful today!

ilovetoshop2010@hotmail.com

Heather said...

I follow your blog via Google friend connect.

heather.birkman@gmail.com

Heather said...

I follow you on Twitter.


www.twitter.com/hebrif

heather.birkman@gmail.com

t said...

I'm following on twitter!

ilovetoshop2010@hotmail.com

t said...

I'm following Sodastream on twitter!

My twitter username: ilovetoshop2010

ilovetoshop2010@hotmail.com

Heather said...

I retweet

http://twitter.com/hebrif/status/11146528126

heather.birkman@gmail.com

t said...

I'm a fan of Sodastream on Facebook!

ilovetoshop2010@hotmail.com

Anne said...

I blogged
http://lunaj1456.blogspot.com/2010/03/easter-basket-giveaways.html

Anonymous said...

tweet: http://twitter.com/BBandAblog/status/11158380266

april brooks said...

Daily tweet. http://twitter.com/notaprilbrooks/status/11161375209

Aimee said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/pixie13sweeps/status/11173630907

gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com

Anne said...

I tweeted
http://twitter.com/lunaj1456/status/11140149516

Linda Kish said...

value..25 cents per can of soda or per liter of sparkling water..great savings for me.

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

daily: http://twitter.com/BBandAblog/status/11196323596

Anonymous said...

daily: http://twitter.com/BBandAblog/status/11250537086