Saturday, May 8, 2010

Essential Swimwear Review & Giveaway!


Summer time is coming up fast here in New England! Ever since I've had my kids, I've found it difficult to find a swimsuit that fits the way that I want it to. My body has definitely changed shape! Then I stumbled upon a company called Essential Swimwear, who has the most adorable swimwear that is flattering,too. Brittney, the shop owner and designer, had been creating swimsuit handmade swimsuits for the past two years, but to keep up the demand, the swimwear is no longer handmade. She has introduced an entire new line for 2010!

I was so excited that Brittney sent me one of her Essential Swimwear suits to review. Essential Swimwear has swim tops, bottoms and skirts and all come in size XS - XL, so there are a lot of options! I love that her styles are all two piece, too because honestly, it makes going to the bathroom so much easier!


Brittney gave me my choice of top and bottoms from Essential Swimwear and I could not be happier with what I received! I ended up choosing the Black Garden Sweetheart Top (pictured above). It fits perfectly and I think it looks great. I always tend to go with black swimsuits because a little birdie told me once that black was slimming. This top has adjustable straps,which is a feature that is important to me, being on the shorter side. Often times the "standard" strap length doesn't fit me, so this top is great and I was able to adjust it for the perfect fit. Also, the straps can go straight back or you can criss-cross them, to get that cute X shaped tan line on your back!



The bottoms I chose were the Black Hipster bottoms (pictured above). Hipster bottoms are my favorite style because they sit a little lower on my hip and even better, cover my fanny completely. Those are two of my "problem areas" and I feel more confident with them covered up a little. Essential Swimwear also has a regular bottom and a skirted bottom, if those are your preferences.

Essential Swimwear really gives you many options to customize a swimsuit that is the perfect fit for your own body. And aside from the great fit and stylish designs, Essential Swimwear is very affordable. All the pieces are sold separately and they range in price from $18.99- $32.99, which I think is very reasonable!


Win it: Brittney at Essential Swimwear has generously offered one (1) of my lucky readers a swimsuit of their choice from her website.

Mandatory Entry: Visit Essential Swimwear and tell me what swimsuit you would pick if you win. Please leave me a valid email address in this comment so that I can contact you if you win. If no email address is left, the entry will be disqualified.

Please leave a seperate comment for each entry!

Extra Entries:

1. Follow my blog through Google friend connect (1 entry)!

2. Follow me on Twitter (1 entry)!

3. Become a Facebook Fan of Mass Hole Mommy (1 entry)!

4. Enter one of my other giveaways (1 entry)!

5. Follow me on Networked Blogs (1 entry)!

6. Follow Essential Swimwear on Twitter (1 entry)!

7. Become a fan of Essential Swimwear on Facebook (1 entry)!

8. Blog about this giveaway and leave a link to where I can find it (3 entries)!

9. Subscribe to my feed (3 entries)!

10. Grab my button and leave a link (3 entries)!

11. Tweet this giveaway. Please include @massholemommy in the tweet. Can be tweeted once per day and counts as one entry per tweet.

** Please leave a seperate comment for each entry and remember to leave a valid email address in one of the entry comments. Winner has 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.

This giveaway will end at midnight (EST) on 05/15/10 and is open to U.S. residents. The winner will be chosen via random.org and will be notified by email. Thanks again to Brittney at Essential Swimwear for offering this fantastic giveaway!

***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

103 comments:

Letherton said...

I would love the Starry Night Gathered Halter Top and basic black bottoms

ethertonphotography@gmail.com

Letherton said...

I follow you on gfc
ethertonphotography@gmail.com

Letherton said...

I follow you on twitter
the ethertons

ethertonphotography@gmail.com

Letherton said...

entered hapari
ethertonphotography@gmail.com

Katrina said...

I follow this blog

Katrina said...

I am a facebook fan (katrina welch)

Katrina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katrina said...

I entered the hepari giveaway

Katrina said...

I like the Starry Night Gathered Halter and the swim skirt

gdy2shoes23(At)gmail.com

Katrina said...

I have your button

http://mrsjuicebox.blogspot.com
under blog roll and buttons
#1

Katrina said...

I have your button

http://mrsjuicebox.blogspot.com
under blog roll and buttons
#2

Let's Just Give It Away said...

I love the White Out Halter Top.

forevermayyourun@yahoo.com

Let's Just Give It Away said...

1. Subscribe via email.

Let's Just Give It Away said...

Subscribe via email. #2

Let's Just Give It Away said...

Subscribe via email. #3

Let's Just Give It Away said...

Fan on FB.

Let's Just Give It Away said...

Follow your blog.

Let's Just Give It Away said...

I have your button. #2

http://www.letsjustgiveitaway.com/

Elaine Welte said...

I like the vixon gathered swimsuit.

elaine guenther @ yahoo . com

Elaine Welte said...

I follow you on twitter.
elaine guenther@yahoo . com

Elaine Welte said...

I'm a FB fan of yours.

elaine guenther@ yahoo . com

Elaine Welte said...

I follow your blog.

elaine guenther @ yahoo . com

Elaine Welte said...

I have your button.

honeypieaccessories.blogspot.com

elaine guenther @ yahoo . com

Elaine Welte said...

I have your button.

honeypieaccessories.blogspot.com

elaine guenther @ yahoo . com

Katie said...

i love the vixen one!! that is such a pretty red :)

kshuttle@uoguelph.ca

Katie said...

entered the my lip stuff giveaway

kshuttle@uoguelph.ca

Katie said...

blog follower :D

kshuttle@uoguelph.ca

jakiesmom said...

i like the vixen halter top/red and red bottoms
nannypanpan at sbcglobal.net

jakiesmom said...

gfc follower

jakiesmom said...

e-mail subscriber

jakiesmom said...

e-mail subscriber 2

jakiesmom said...

e-mail subscriber 3

jakiesmom said...

entered kidorable

Unknown said...

Oooo nice!

Just stopped by to let you know I gave you an award...cuz..umm..your awesome..so congrats and have a great weekend!

Also...I love this giveaway..I'm a follower of your blog

sanjeet said...

I am a facebook fan
free classified india

Anonymous said...

I'd choose the Blue Speedway Gathered Halter Top & Navy or White Hipster Bottoms!

boobiesbabiesandablog AT gmail DOT com

Anonymous said...

twitter follower @bbandablog

Anonymous said...

FB Fan!

Anonymous said...

Entered Silly mama quilt giveaway

Anonymous said...

Following Essential Swimwear on twitter @bbandablog

Anonymous said...

Button x2

Anonymous said...

Button x3

Anonymous said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/BBandAblog/status/13692970869

Anonymous said...

Love the vixen gathered halter top & regular red bottoms

hlnehre (at) yahoo (dot) com

Anonymous said...

Also entered the kidorable giveaway

hlnehre(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

daily tweet! http://twitter.com/BBandAblog/status/13759406465

Jennifer said...

Black Garden Sweetheart Top Brown Hipster Bottoms jk.gorcery@gmail.com

Jennifer said...

I follow via google friend connect jk.gorcery@gmail.com

Jennifer said...

entered Kooky Klickers jk.gorcery@gmail.com

Jennifer said...

I subscribe via email #1 jk.gorcery@gmail.com

Jennifer said...

I subscribe via email #3 jk.gorcery@gmail.com

Jennifer said...

I follow Essential Swimwear on Twitter (@jkgorcery) jk.gorcery@gmail.com

Jennifer said...

I tweeted: https://twitter.com/jkgorcery/status/13819404566 jk.gorcery@gmail.com

Natalie A. said...

I would pick the Starry Night Gathered Halter Top and Black Skirt Bottoms! Thanks!

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

I follow your blog!

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

I follow you on Twitter! natdey

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

I'm a Facebook Fan!
Natalie Ahotaeiloa

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

I follow on Network Blog!

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

I follow them on Twitter! natdey

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

I'm a Facebook Fan of their page!

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

I have your button! 3
http://theadventuresofpaulnatalie.blogspot.com

coolnatty12 yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

Tweet
http://twitter.com/natdey/status/13837902720

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

I entered the Kidorable Giveaway!

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Terra Heck said...

I'd choose the Candy Stripe Tankini Top and the Red Basic Bottoms. Thanks.
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Terra Heck said...

follow your blog
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Terra Heck said...

follow you on Twitter, partymix25
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Terra Heck said...

email subscriber #1
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Terra Heck said...

email subscriber #2
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Terra Heck said...

email subscriber #3
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Natalie A. said...

Tweet
http://twitter.com/natdey/status/13900765431

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

Tweet
http://twitter.com/natdey/status/13982768567

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

J.E. said...

If I won I would get the Navy Hipster Bottoms & Blue Speedway Gathered Halter Top. Cute little number!

jellerman♦at♦rocketmail♦dot♦com

J.E. said...

I follow you on twitter @jmeelle.

jellerman♦at♦rocketmail♦dot♦com

J.E. said...

I like you on FB (jemme elle).

jellerman♦at♦rocketmail♦dot♦com

J.E. said...

I follow you on Networked Blogs (jemme e.)

jellerman♦at♦rocketmail♦dot♦com

J.E. said...

I follow ES on twitter @jmeelle.

jellerman♦at♦rocketmail♦dot♦com

J.E. said...

1
I'm an e-mail subscriber.

jellerman♦at♦rocketmail♦dot♦com

J.E. said...

2
I'm an e-mail subscriber.

jellerman♦at♦rocketmail♦dot♦com

J.E. said...

3
I'm an e-mail subscriber.

jellerman♦at♦rocketmail♦dot♦com

J.E. said...

I tweeted the following:
http://twitter.com/jmeelle/status/13997148136

jellerman♦at♦rocketmail♦dot♦com

ohhhfire said...

i would choose the black hipster bottoms and the starry night gathered halter top

ohhhfire@hotmail.com

ohhhfire said...

i am a google friend connect follower
ohhhfire@hotmail.com

ohhhfire said...

twitter follower of yours
@ohhhfire
ohhhfire@hotmail.com

ohhhfire said...

facebook fan of yours
jenn giannetto
ohhhfire@hotmail.com

ohhhfire said...

twitter follower of essential swimwear
@ohhhfire
ohhhfire@hotmail.com

ohhhfire said...

facebook fan of essential swimwear
jenn giannetto
ohhhfire@hotmail.com

ohhhfire said...

networked blogs follower
jenn giannetto
ohhhfire@hotmail.com

ohhhfire said...

i am also entering the kidorable giveaway
ohhhfire@hotmail.com

ohhhfire said...

email subscriber 1
ohhhfire@hotmail.com

ohhhfire said...

email subscriber 2
ohhhfire@hotmail.com

ohhhfire said...

email subscriber 3
ohhhfire@hotmail.com

Amanda said...

I would choose the starry night gathered halter top and black swim skirt bottoms.
winnieayala at yahoo dot com

Amanda said...

I follow on GFC!
winnieayala at yahoo dot com

Amanda said...

entered the Kidorable giveaway
winnieayala at yahoo dot com

Natalie A. said...

Tweet
http://twitter.com/natdey/status/14061780143

coolnatty12 at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'd pick the Broadway Halter Top with the Black Skirted Bottoms.
maddiemb(at)comcast dot net

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog through Google friend connect.

Anonymous said...

I entered the Huephoria Wine Glass giveaway.

Anonymous said...

I follow you on Twitter (@shala_darkstone).

Anonymous said...

I follow Essential Swimwear on Twitter. (@shala_darkstone)

Anonymous said...

#1 I subscribe to your feed.

Anonymous said...

#2 I subscribe to your feed.

Anonymous said...

#3 I subscribe to your feed.