Monday, June 28, 2010

Bug off Bugs!

I am SOO incredibly sick of bugs this year. I know it's the season, but I feel like I've had at least triple the amount inside the house that I normally get. I'm not sure what's bringing them in this year because it's hasn't been any more hot or humid than it has any other year. And there certainly hasn't been any excessive rain (there are water bans all over the place).

Typically I would say over a summer (June - Sept) I get like 25-40 bugs inside (that I see and kill) over the whole summer. I've had at least that already and it's still June. I've had tons of spiders and each one has been a different species. I've had some kind of weird pincher bug (at least 10 of those), a fly, 3 bees and a few random beetle type things.

I'm losing sleep over it because I don't want those creepy little bastards to crawl on me while I'm sleeping. Any one have any ideas?

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't have any ideas, but I have the same problem!!! Anytime we open our back door to let our dogs in or out at least 3 bugs fly in at a time. It's disgusting!!

MommyLovesStilettos said...

We have had an insane amount of rain and humidity and while we never saw any bugs before, we're seeing them A LOT now. It's driving me insane cause I hate bugs!

Kisma said...

Rumor is that if your winter wasn't harsh, the bugs multiply and make summer hell. This sounds like what your going through.

Depending on the bug I could offer many suggestions.
Let me know if I can help.

Hang in there;-)

Unknown said...

I wish I had some advice for you...we are battling an over abundance of bugs this summer too...and the mosquitos are even worse than usual! We've had alot of rain so that would account for the mosquitos..but wow..all the bugs are quite abundant this year!

Dual Mom said...

I have a can of raid for flying critters that I keep on a shelf next to the front door. One spritz with that gets em every time.

litanyofbritt said...

you can spray poison around the outside perimeter of your house. you do it once, and you're good for a year. But, poison. We've been getting tiny ants coming in through the windows. Not exited about what that could entail.

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

Really? More bugs than normal? I was just thinking how we've had less and was loving that realization! Last year we had a HUGE amount of carpenter ants invade. And I. HATE. ANTS. like the big ants with the pincers. To not have them this year is awesome.

Cabin Fever in Vermont

Sandy S. said...

You too? We had a bunch last year and they are back again this year. I've moved all house plants outside, sprayed and we keep the kitchen super clean. I used some organic bug spray around all the sinks and that seemed to help a little bit, but not much. It just creep me out, I hate bugs!

Anonymous said...

UGH! I'm going thru the exact same thing too! I hate bugs...sooo bad!

Kelly said...

for the pincher bug you have to put boric acid around the foundation of your house...they climb up that way... we have them really bad in our bathroom... makes Rich scream like a girl

Adrienne said...

No advice really I hate bugs all bugs ewe

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Kelly, you rock. I asked Chris if he could pick some up this weekend (he gets a military discount at HD and Lowe's). And is there any way you could take a video of Rich when he sees one? And maybe post it on your FB or something? That would be HILARIOUS.

Babes Mami said...

That's what happens when you live in the sticks? We have had a few but someone sprays once a month and we have traps for the water bugs. Water bugs/roaches/ants are nearly unavoidable in the south!

Poor Robin!

Dee at Pedestrian Palate said...

Oh no. I hate bugs. More fraidy scared of them than I am of giant robot alien gorillas.

Aries said...

I hate bugs too, luckily not so many at where I am staying.

Pam said...

For sleeping, try a mosquito net ( a good one with a weighted bottom) and that'll take care of the night critters. (Hey, we have HUGE cane spiders over here, so I can't feel sorry for you.) lol Following you back now thru FMBT. Pam @ Sallygoodin