Saturday, June 12, 2010

Zero Water Pitcher Review


We go through A LOT of water in my household. Not only do I like to drink it, but thankfully both of my boys do, too. Honesly, though, I usually buy bottled water. I have no legitimate reason, but I don't like drinking tap water. I've seen too many times on the news about bacteria that's been found in the drinking water. That scares me. I don't want to put any kind of harmful bacteria into my body unknowingly, and I especially don't want to give it to my boys. But then I feel terribly guilty about all the plastic bottles I'm wasting. Even though we recycle, I still feel badly about it.

We all know by now that water is the healthiest thing we can drink, right? I've tried other filtered pitchers, and they have a feature in which it lets you know when the filter needs to be changed. Handy indeed, but the ZeroWater pitcher goes one step further. ZeroWater water filters utilize a patented 5 stage Ion Exchange system that removes 100% of detectable dissolved solids and provides more complete filtration than conventional carbon water filters. ZeroWater is the only filtered water that meets the FDA definition for purified bottled water, as per testing the company had done through an independent laboratory. Nice, huh?



The ZeroWater pitcher comes with a TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) meter. The TDS is a laboratory-calibrated water tester which reads the amount of dissolved substances in parts per million in the water we drink. When the meter reads zero, your water is safe to be consumed. The company recently designed the pitcher, and there is no longer a separate compartment for the TDS meter, so you simply take out your meter and test and when needed. If your water reads anything other than zero, you need a new filter. Easy peasy.

I was very impressed with the ZeroWater pitcher and definitley recommend it. Not only will it help you do right by the planet, but you can rest assured you are putting something totally healthy into your body. Huge thanks to Rose at Zero Water for the opportunity to review this amazing pitcher!

***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

1 comments:

Momma Fargo said...

Very cool. Thanks for the info. Like this product and was wondering about it.