
Ok, here is Chris's lastest "conspiracy". I have to say I agree with this one to a point, but I think Shakespeare's plays were written by a woman or women, especially since that was a time in which women were not allowed to. Think what you will....
******************
Who really was the greatest writer in the English language? Among the numerous alternative candidates that have been proposed Francis Bacon (also a illumati member), Christopher Marlowe, William Stanley (6th Earl of Derby) and Edward de Vere (17th Earl of Oxford), are the most popular. Theorists believe there is a lack of evidence proving that the actor and businessman sometimes known as Shaksper of Stratford was responsible for the body of works that bear his name. Very little biographical information exists about Shakespeare.
Doubters assert that the actor and businessman baptised as "Shakspere" of Stratford did not have the background necessary to create the body of work attributed to him, and that the personal attributes inferred from Shakespeare's poems and plays don't fit the known biography of him.
The main question to ask is whether a commoner from a small 16th-century country town, with no recorded education or personal library, could become so highly expert in foreign languages, knowledge of courtly pastimes and politics, Greek and Latin mythology, law, and the latest discoveries in science, medicine and astronomy of the time.
Brunel University of London now offers a one-year MA program on the Shakespeare authorship question.
There is no direct evidence clearly identifying Shakespeare of Stratford as a playwright, and that the majority of references to "William Shakespeare" by contemporaries refer to the author, but not necessarily the Stratford businessman. Charlton Ogburn, author of "Shakespeare's Self-Portrait", stated his disbelief that Shakespeare of Stratford and the author shared the exact same name, noting that not one of Shakespeare of Stratford's six known signatures was actually spelled “Shakespeare” (i.e., Shaksp, Shakspe, Shaksper, Shakspere, Shakspere and Shakspeare).
The name "Shakespeare" would have made a symbolically apt pseudonym. The name alludes to the patron goddess of art, literature and statecraft, who sprang from the forehead of Zeus, shaking a spear(Shakespear), the hyphen which often appeared in the name "Shake-speare" indicated the use of a pseudonym.
But, gentle readers be assured that these conspiracys are 100% written by yours truly.
The Lone HorseMan
******************
Shakespeare was somebody else?
Who really was the greatest writer in the English language? Among the numerous alternative candidates that have been proposed Francis Bacon (also a illumati member), Christopher Marlowe, William Stanley (6th Earl of Derby) and Edward de Vere (17th Earl of Oxford), are the most popular. Theorists believe there is a lack of evidence proving that the actor and businessman sometimes known as Shaksper of Stratford was responsible for the body of works that bear his name. Very little biographical information exists about Shakespeare.
Doubters assert that the actor and businessman baptised as "Shakspere" of Stratford did not have the background necessary to create the body of work attributed to him, and that the personal attributes inferred from Shakespeare's poems and plays don't fit the known biography of him.
The main question to ask is whether a commoner from a small 16th-century country town, with no recorded education or personal library, could become so highly expert in foreign languages, knowledge of courtly pastimes and politics, Greek and Latin mythology, law, and the latest discoveries in science, medicine and astronomy of the time.
Brunel University of London now offers a one-year MA program on the Shakespeare authorship question.
There is no direct evidence clearly identifying Shakespeare of Stratford as a playwright, and that the majority of references to "William Shakespeare" by contemporaries refer to the author, but not necessarily the Stratford businessman. Charlton Ogburn, author of "Shakespeare's Self-Portrait", stated his disbelief that Shakespeare of Stratford and the author shared the exact same name, noting that not one of Shakespeare of Stratford's six known signatures was actually spelled “Shakespeare” (i.e., Shaksp, Shakspe, Shaksper, Shakspere, Shakspere and Shakspeare).
The name "Shakespeare" would have made a symbolically apt pseudonym. The name alludes to the patron goddess of art, literature and statecraft, who sprang from the forehead of Zeus, shaking a spear(Shakespear), the hyphen which often appeared in the name "Shake-speare" indicated the use of a pseudonym.
But, gentle readers be assured that these conspiracys are 100% written by yours truly.
The Lone HorseMan

17 comments:
Follow you from boost my blog.
Hope you will return the favor
http://adventuresofthedomesticatedmama.blogspot.com/2010/08/friday-blog-hops_13.html
I love your blog. I've enjoyed reading your posts. I'm now following.
All the best,
Marnie
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following you back from Mrs. Mama Drama.
Can I just tell you that I LOVE this conspiracy theory!?! As a former English Literature major (yes, I said former), this was one of my favorite topics.
Thanks for being my newest follower! I'm your newest follower too!
hey there! thanks so much for visiting my blog! i'll be back for more fun ... meantime, happy friday!
hugs,
terry lee
Hi,
I am your newest follower from Boost my Blog Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend!
Bonnie :)
This is one of the great literary mysteries to which we'll never know the answer.
I prefer believing that it was one wise and wonderful wordsmith inspired to reach the masses whether they be queens or paupers.
Thanks so much for the follow ;) Following ya back lady!
Hmmm.
This is really interesting. I love the notion that his plays were written by a woman though. I seriously wouldn't be surprised!
Shakespeare really did some amazing work...whoever he, they, she was. Whether it was him or not - it's pretty amazing.
Hey! Thanks for following me! I have done the same!:-)
My site is actually starrzz.com/blogstarr!
Happy Friday!
Christine
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your site seems pretty cool - like the conspiracy thoughts!
Cool blog!!
Thank you for being one of my newest followers. I'm following you now, too.
Have a great weekend!
PS - Love the conspiracy theory.
Cool blog!!
Thank you for being one of my newest followers. I'm following you now, too.
Have a great weekend!
PS - Love the conspiracy theory.
LMAO! this is awesome! thanks for stopping by my blog @ k-kronicles! i'm following you back! have a fantastic wknd!
Hmm, very interesting about Shakespeare! I guess you never know, do you?!
Great blog! Check me out @ http://donandamanda.blogspot.com I live in Europe with two adopted Great Danes & I post a lot about my many travels! My latest was London!
Post a Comment